Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Looking forward to playing the v2.0 beta, and I gotta say love the use of 'The Patriot' OST, but have you considered using the intro from the HBO series John Adams as the menu screen music? It truly is a heroic, uplifting and triumphant piece, it should be included at least somewhere in the rotation. And cheers for my favourite E:TW mod!

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Severino View Post
    Looking forward to playing the v2.0 beta, and I gotta say love the use of 'The Patriot' OST, but have you considered using the intro from the HBO series John Adams as the menu screen music? It truly is a heroic, uplifting and triumphant piece, it should be included at least somewhere in the rotation. And cheers for my favourite E:TW mod!
    The 2.0 version will be the final release and thanks for the compliment and the music suggestion;we will consider it of course.

Telarius's Avatar Foederatus

great mod, I really liked it

Quote Originally Posted by Telarius View Post
    great mod, I really liked it
    Thank you

denk87's Avatar Foederatus

first of all kudos on this mod, i played with it for over 6 months back in 2010-2011 and loved it, tried it with my new comp running windows 7 and it didnt work. also i am having trouble redownloading the mod, i know you said keep trying but its literally not working at all, the first few times it started but stopped before it was finished.

denk87's Avatar Foederatus

please disregard my preious post i realized i posted in the wrong thread, other than a few minor issues though... i still love EVERYTHING about this mod. its everything i expected it to be and more.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by denk87 View Post
    please disregard my preious post i realized i posted in the wrong thread, other than a few minor issues though... i still love EVERYTHING about this mod. its everything i expected it to be and more.
    One question, did you download from filehosting with any problems?

Biarchus

Any chance of there being a joint venture between Darthmod Empire and TAR? I have been extremely spoiled by Darth's use of 40 units gameplay(Darthmod NTW). Now, the Darth team have made it possible to play with 40 units in Empire. I find it difficult to go back to 20 unit play. TAR's unit depth for the USA is amazing and unmatched by any. It would be incredible to be able to play Darthmod Empire's 40 unit saves with TAR units. Any chance of this incredible merger happening?
    Last edited by ztrain909; December 03, 2012 at 07:11 PM.

I am sure Toon will get to that(the 40 unit cap) as soon as the Final version of TAR will be released.

Biarchus

Thanks Morgan, that would be good enough for me. Especially if you could do it for all the campaigns(RTI, Revolution, Grand). I would be as happy as a "kid in a candy store!"

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Thanks Morgan, that would be good enough for me. Especially if you could do it for all the campaigns(RTI, Revolution, Grand). I would be as happy as a "kid in a candy store!"
    I am sure we all will be mate

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Sounds good, will probably look to intergrate the 40 stacks into the mod! for now use the mod on its own I am not sure if it will work as I have not seen this mod before?

Alright, I've been playing this mod for several mods, because A: I like i,t and B: I can't remove it.

I recognize that many of my proposed changes will not be popular, and many may not be able to be implemented at all. So, here we go:

1. The computer needs to be taught how to build a Navy and to use one. It also needs to be taught the importance of a Navy, especially traditionally maritime nations like Britain, Holland, and the U.S. With regard to how to build a Navy, the computer builds too many Fourth Rates and heavy First Rates. Fourth Rates were outclassed by Third rates (as the name implies) and were not used in large numbers by the second half of the 18th Century except by Baltic powers. Heavy First Rates were never built in large numbers as they were far too expensive, and only one ever saw combat. 5o correct this I suggest more unit limits on these, as well as First rates and Second rates (also built in by the computer in ridiculous numbers). I suggest 3 Heavy First Rates, 4 Admiral's Flagship First Rates (Just eliminate the regular First Rates altogether), 6 Second Rates, and 6 Admiral's Flagship Third Rates. Third Rates are unlimited. Also, if the computer could be forced to build squadrons consisting of only ships of the line, that'd be great.

2. Restore Escalades. Without ropes and ladders Siege assault is just pouring men into the breach and watching. I recognize that that's what siege assault was at this time, but escalades were also used. If they cold be made less likely to succeed, that may satisfy those who don't like it. Also, the computer doesn't know what t do in siege assault now. It creates a breach in the walls, then its men just sort of sit there.

3. In that vein, the computer needs to build fortifications in strategic locations like river crossings, mountain passes, and crossroads. I ralize may people who play the game don't like siege warfare, but this is what this style of warfare was. Fixed fortifications had meaning at this time.

4. Also in that vein, the computer needs to man existing forts and any forts that is builds.

5. When defending in the open field, the computer needs to wait for the opponent to attack. The computer attacks when it's in a defensive position far too easily.

6. The computer needs to throw up Earthworks instead of cheval de frise (or whatever they're called). And, they need to stay begins those Earthworks.

7. The computer needs to use Light Infantry as Light Infantry. the computer uses too little Light Infantry, and never uses them as skirmishers. Instead they line them up as regular infantry, usually on the flank of their line, and are incredibly vulnerable to attack by cavalry. Also, Regular Light Infantry should also be able to form square. In the real world they could.

8. Some unit limits should be expanded, including Light Infantry, Grenadiers, American 24 Pounder Frigates, and Indiamen.

9. Proper Naval skins would be welcome, for example American ships should be black with White stripes about the gundecks, as should the French.

10. The "Don't Tread Upon me" Flag was a jack, not a battleflag. The U.S. Navy Battleflag is the National Ensign. Also, Commissioning Pennants should be added to all warships, not just Brigs, Sloops, Second Rates, and Heavy First Rates.

11. Also, the addition of regimental flags in addition to national colors would be cool.

12. Countries should be more willing to enact trade agreements, and sell or trade technology.

Let the flaming begin, HEEYAAAH!

I thought if a few more:

1. Haiti should be a French Colony.

2. Countries like Haiti, Venezuela, Panama, Guatemala, and multiple Eurpoean countries should be able to become countries.

3. The other north American Territories currently labeled as "Wilderness" should be made into legitimate regions (I realize this is one people have been working on for a while. Seriously, what were the developers thinking?)

4. When one builds the U.S. Military Academy and naval Academy units are no longer recruit-able: The Continental Marines with regard to the Naval Academy, almost every other unit with regard the Military Academy.

5. The Legion of the United States should wear the uniforms they originally came with. I don't know where you got purple for their uniforms, the only pictures of them I can find show them in uniforms similar to those provided by the original DLC: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...egion_1794.jpg, http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lPA-qukvM4...ted+States.jpg, http://oldtoysoldierhome.com/images/43068.jpg

6. The Legion should also be able to form square as well as skirmish.

7. One should be able to recruit region specific units if one conquers that region. If i conquer Scotland, I want to be able to recruit Highlanders (Highlander unit limits should be expanded as well) and so on.

8. More real world warships.

NOW, let the flaming begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I thought if a few more:

NOW, let the flaming begin.
    Thanks a lot for all your feedback and we will defenitely look into all of your suggestions as far as they arent already known to us and therefore on the ''to do'' roll for the TAR final version when possible.

Welcome to the TAR forums and enjoy the Mod beta.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    Thanks a lot for all your feedback and we will defenitely look into all of your suggestions as far as they arent already known to us and therefore on the ''to do'' roll for the TAR final version when possible.

Welcome to the TAR forums and enjoy the Mod beta.
    I fear I was overly critical, I didn't mean to be. I do enjoy the Mod. I only want to help make it better.

Also, I've been playing it for a few months not mods. I sometimes type really fast, and then don't go back and review what I typed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I fear I was overly critical, I didn't mean to be. I do enjoy the Mod. I only want to help make it better.

Also, I've been playing it for a few months not mods. I sometimes type really fast, and then don't go back and review what I typed.
    No offense taken. As this is still a Beta we are ''open'' to all suggestions !

Have fun and enjoy the Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    No offense taken. As this is still a Beta we are ''open'' to all suggestions !

Have fun and enjoy the Mod.
    Cool. Got a couple more.

Southern Louisiana should be a Spanish territory (as Haiti should be French). Lousiana West of the Mississippi was ceded to the Spanish at the end of the Seven Years War, and wasn't returned to France (secretly) until the end of the Century.

With regard to Upper Louisiana (Illinois), that's more complicated. The territory was taken from the British during the Revolution by George Rogers Clark, but the US didn't really take full possession of it for a few years. It should therefore belong to either the US, or one of the Native tribes, the Iroquois or the Plains (I believe the Iroquois had conquered most of it from the Illiniwek, so I would say Iroquois.

France should (somehow) be stronger. France was Continental Europe's most powerful country, as demonstrated a few years later when they went to war with, essentially, the entire continent and won for a long, long time. How to accomplish this? I have no idea, because I don't know how the game engine works and what can and cannot be done to it.

Navies should be larger, in addition to the other naval suggestions (and they are just suggestions. I still fear I'm coming off demanding). I put forward earlier. Especially for countries like Britain.

The computer has a bad habit of sending Indiamen to a trade theater and never putting them in a trade post.

Perhaps cut down on Naval movement zones. The reason being that not being able to outpace battleships, frigates and smaller vessels are useless except in large squadrons.

The U.S. should be able to recruit heavy calvary. I know the U.S. didn't have heavy Calvary, but nor did they have Republican Guards, Foot Guards, or Life Guards. The game (moving forward from the starting point which we should try to be as historically accurate as possible) is about possibilities.

This probably isn't possible, but how about ports on the Great Lakes?

What about a sort of Ultimate Campaign, where everyone starts out with all techs researched, all buildings at max capacity, and massive number of money, population, troops and ships? A sort of all out free for all where it's all about Diplomacy and War.

Thanks for the Mod, keep up the good work.

Thanks !
    Like i said before,we will make ''notes'' of everything we are not already aware off, and see what we can do for the final TAR version.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

i mentioned this before but thought i would mention it once more just in case.

the AI needs to help with naval movement. Playing as France, i laugh every turn watching Great Britain try to load troops onto a fleet in harbor. the army goes to the port and then goes to another circle and then back to port four or five times before GB finally gives up and moves onto the next AI faction. The point here, of course, is that Great Britain has no way to get involved in Europe, none. it cant invade Europe from England. its only hope would be to build an army in Gibraltar...which the Spanish just overran... I know this is a basic vanilla Empire problem, in fact its a basic Total War series-wide, but Terra Incognita: A Proper Empire was able to get (rare) naval movement by the AI, perhaps talking to that team could help here.

ok im done I go conquer Iroquois now
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."