Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Icon4 OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Hi all,

hip63 here posting on behalf of the TAR Team.

Please note that development of The American Revolution Mod has ceased.

TAR 2.0 Beta plus the 2019 Update is the final version of the mod

Thanks to everyone involved!

-hip63
    Last edited by hip63; January 03, 2019 at 08:55 AM.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Hi Toon

i just tried it yesterday for short on the US side... all i can say for now..Phantastic!! Itīs an incredible new dynamic in the battles and i canīt wait to find out more and i will tell then

thx to you guys

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

It would be great if we could have some custom maps included in a future update for example the Lordz map pack and there was also another pack out there with some really good maps. Permission would need to be given to use them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnire View Post
    It would be great if we could have some custom maps included in a future update for example the Lordz map pack and there was also another pack out there with some really good maps. Permission would need to be given to use them of course.
    I have requested before Lordz to do me some Battle Maps for AWI mod, fell on deaf ears am afraid!!

This is by far my favorite mod. I don't know if its just me but the game seems to play smart to me. There is some solid struggles going on in Europe and I am pressing my advantage in North America as the US. The unit diversity is also amazing, this is what ETW should have been. Keep of the great work Toon!

My suggesting for the future would be to develop the US forces post Revolution. I don't know your thoughts on the US of the Napoleonic age but it might be worth looking developing, especially since NTW is focusing on Europe. Also some forces post revolution, pre-Napoleonic might be interesting. I think the US legion is pretty neat since it was the countries first attempt at a professional army. I know there already sort of in the game as a DLC but there not a single troop but more a "type". Well regardless I am excited to see what is next with this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie_john View Post
    This is by far my favorite mod. I don't know if its just me but the game seems to play smart to me. There is some solid struggles going on in Europe and I am pressing my advantage in North America as the US. The unit diversity is also amazing, this is what ETW should have been. Keep of the great work Toon!

My suggesting for the future would be to develop the US forces post Revolution. I don't know your thoughts on the US of the Napoleonic age but it might be worth looking developing, especially since NTW is focusing on Europe. Also some forces post revolution, pre-Napoleonic might be interesting. I think the US legion is pretty neat since it was the countries first attempt at a professional army. I know there already sort of in the game as a DLC but there not a single troop but more a "type". Well regardless I am excited to see what is next with this mod.
    Pre Napoleonic is on the next agenda -French-Indian war, i have no interest in Napoleonic era so will be sticking with AWI. i am sure there will be plenty of mods out when NTW is launched for you to download

Seven Years War (French and Indian War) would be pretty sweet too.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Okay friends, I can't express my love of this mod enough. I've tried all of the hosted mods on this website, but this one is just the best!

But, I've had three campaigns as of now, that have consisted of 150 + turns.

Every single one of these campaigns have ended up become unplayable due to the fact that it ends up taking like 25 mins for the turn process to complete. No lie.

I really want to blame this on the fact that you can see everything on the Campaign Map. Restoring the FOW would definitely help methinks...... I'm curious, has anyone else experience excessive turn length in considerably long campaigns? Or am I alone here? Because I really don't think its my rig, and plus the fact that on other mods, DarthMod namely, the turns never lag this much in long campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    Okay friends, I can't express my love of this mod enough. I've tried all of the hosted mods on this website, but this one is just the best!

But, I've had three campaigns as of now, that have consisted of 150 + turns.

Every single one of these campaigns have ended up become unplayable due to the fact that it ends up taking like 25 mins for the turn process to complete. No lie.

I really want to blame this on the fact that you can see everything on the Campaign Map. Restoring the FOW would definitely help methinks...... I'm curious, has anyone else experience excessive turn length in considerably long campaigns? Or am I alone here? Because I really don't think its my rig, and plus the fact that on other mods, DarthMod namely, the turns never lag this much in long campaigns.
    Disable show other factions in the setup screen before you start a NEW campaign, this will fix the 25 Minute wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Disable show other factions in the setup screen before you start a NEW campaign, this will fix the 25 Minute wait!!

You mean the show CPU moves thing? YEA no. I never ever ever play with that option. If that was enabled, the wait would probably be around an hour!

And I tried that deleting of some script thing that was mentioned somewhere on here.... Did not work. It did indeed add Fog of War, but half of my settlements are in the FOW, and I can't even click, or navigate to them in anyway....

You mean the show CPU moves thing? YEA no. I never ever ever play with that option. If that was enabled, the wait would probably be around an hour!

And I tried that deleting of some script thing that was mentioned somewhere on here.... Did not work. It did indeed add Fog of War, but half of my settlements are in the FOW, and I can't even click, or navigate to them in anyway....
    I have played many games with this "Show CPU Moves" DISABLED and my Grand Campaign games are less than 10 seconds per turn, please check that the above is Disabled, otherwise it sounds there are other problems going on somewhere??

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Ive had this at random since Empires was released,and had to start up new campaigns several times
    No matter what settings,no matter what mod,or no matter if its vanilla;theres allways a substantial chance an AI turn will get corrupted
    Ive had this with the Ottomans turn mainly
    i know one thing and that its NOT Mod or vanilla related
    Theres nothing to be done against it,only to wage war,if possible,against the Ai faction thats causing it,and hope their movements will be altered by it
    Best thing to do is totally wipe out the faction!

greetings

I have played many games with this "Show CPU Moves" DISABLED and my Grand Campaign games are less than 10 seconds per turn, please check that the above is Disabled, otherwise it sounds there are other problems going on somewhere??

Yea trust me it is DISABLED. and how long were those campaigns of yours? 100 + turns? 200 + turns?

I ask that because I only notice the extreme slow downs from about 150 turns and above.

Yea trust me it is DISABLED. and how long were those campaigns of yours? 100 + turns? 200 + turns?

I ask that because I only notice the extreme slow downs from about 150 turns and above.
    ah ok, my games get to 30-50 turns only!, then i delete and start again, i mod most of the time and dont get much gameplay, if you look in the Bugs thread there is a guide on disabling FOW if you wish to do yourself, as we are not planning to adjust the game on this

ah ok, my games get to 30-50 turns only!, then i delete and start again, i mod most of the time and dont get much gameplay, if you look in the Bugs thread there is a guide on disabling FOW if you wish to do yourself, as we are not planning to adjust the game on this

I followed said guide in order to add the FOW back. As I stated before, it doesn't work. Or maybe I just dont' understand it. I followed the guide... opened the scripting.lua and deleted the line that the guide said to delete.

I then open a campaign, and the FOW is indeed back!!! But like I said before, half of my cities are invisible!!! and I can't click on them or navigate to them in any way!!

Toon, Hip,

Do you guys plan on putting FOW back in the game in a future update? I'll try the FOW fix mentioned above but just wondering if you plan on implementing it at a later date. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Toon, Hip,

Do you guys plan on putting FOW back in the game in a future update? I'll try the FOW fix mentioned above but just wondering if you plan on implementing it at a later date. Thanks.
    No

Hey,
    I must say that I love the unit diversity. The Historical work is just Fantastic!

However, I think that ranges should be increased. In addition, I think cannon need to be more historical (Very long range, Very Accurate, Very expensive and very slow to build)
    I'd also be nice for much larger unit sizes but thats just my own personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Yahiko_n_Tsubame View Post
    Hey,
    I must say that I love the unit diversity. The Historical work is just Fantastic!

However, I think that ranges should be increased. In addition, I think cannon need to be more historical (Very long range, Very Accurate, Very expensive and very slow to build)
    I'd also be nice for much larger unit sizes but thats just my own personal taste.
    Artillery Ranges will be in next update, and we are working on historical unit sizes as well but i dont see that been ready till new year as our research team are busy with other projects, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yahiko_n_Tsubame View Post
    Hey,

Artillery and Musket ranges will be in next update, and we are working on historical unit sizes as well but i dont see that been ready till new year as our research team are busy with other projects, thanks

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast