Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

um is this mod dead? no replies here in over 3 months.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

I love Empire Total War and Darthmod didn't cut it for me Then when I found this mod I fell in love with it strait away and have been playing it ever since. ***(Best Empire Total War Mod)*** Thank you for making such a great mod .

Now back to business!!! could you add 2 Flags for each Line Infantry/Elite Line Infantry. Like say the British Red Coat Line Infantry have there British Flag which they have now and add there own Historical Regimental Flags to each unit?

Thanks Vincenzo

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I haven't read all posts due the current server problem there is right now on TWC, and thus I don't know if this has been mentioned/suggested before.

The TAR mod is a good mod and I like it a lot, however there is one thing that I think could be added or should I say altered, because sometimes I find it a little boring to begin a game with the historical battle on Bunker Hill every time.

So I suggest to change it with an option that would change the popularity of the player throughout the colonies (those regions you must conquer in order to win the campaign) if (1) you play the battle and win, (2) you play the battle and lost it, (3) you didn't play the battle. This is what the result could be based on what decision you make when you begin a new campaign in Road to Independence Chapter III. Of course if it's feasible to do this.

1 - the people in the colonies will more often revolt meaning there will be more discontent than it's in vanilla and make your conquest easier (e.g no damaged buildings and the production, trade is back in the next turn)

2 - a little better than in vanilla (e.g no damaged buildning and be rewarded with 4-6 units, but the production and trade will take as long it did in vanilla)

3 - worse scenario of all (you must calm down the people before you see any improvement such as production and trade)
    Last edited by Leonardo; September 17, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

it looks like this mod is dead. rip
    Last edited by MRENGLISHRULES; January 26, 2014 at 06:22 AM.

Installed and playing it again. It's a great mod really, no CTDs yet after about 15 turns, playing as USA the American Revolution option. The only thing not good is that British tend to send many small stacks of maybe 1-4 units instead of grouping them into larger armies and I am able to intercept and destroy all of them. The Indians seem to do it better. Applied the patch too.

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    The only thing not good is that British tend to send many small stacks of maybe 1-4 units instead of grouping them into larger armies and I am able to intercept and destroy all of them. The Indians seem to do it better. Applied the patch too.
    The British does that in vanilla with or without mods, so it seems the TAR mod does not modify CAI for the British.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Thanks for your reply.
    Two things that is making me more frustrated are:
    a) When attacking a fort I cannot scale the walls !!! The only way to take a city that contains a fort is waiting out the turns of the siege process !!! Is there any workaround/patch that would allow me to do battle and get inside the forts as one can usually do in vanilla and other mods ?
    b) Secondary is weather, getting bad weather, fog, night most of the time in battles, whether or not I enable de weather option that comes in the launcher.

To answer your question.

a) Try to move the cursor on the wall and wait a second or two just to see if the cursor is changing from a arrow pointer to another cursor icon.
    b) Have you tried to do something else than later start the battle?

a) Not tried any more climbing walls yet, will report when I do.
    b) There is no "start later" when you begin a battle like in Medieval Total War; you just get the option to start deployment.

Such a great mod ! I had to say that. Been playing the American Revolution Campaign with the US for many turns now and not one single CTD !!!! Looking forward to playing same campaign as British and ogher of the Tar Campaigns !!!

b) There is no "start later" when you begin a battle like in Medieval Total War; you just get the option to start deployment.
    I think you misunderstood me, because that was not I meant and what I mean is to start a battle later in the same turn, after doing something else e.g moving an army or a fleet or recruit/remove selected troops in a city, by right clicking on an enemy army or an enemy city.

a) Climbing walls: Definitively not possible. This is a mjor bug/problem unless it was intended by the creators of the mod to force having to go through the siege waiting time (perhaps it was this way historically, don't know).
    b) weather is definitively screwed. No matter if I check or uncheck the battlefield weather option I almost invariably get heavy fog or night -which is really annoying and hard on my eyes-

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    a) Climbing walls: Definitively not possible. This is a mjor bug/problem unless it was intended by the creators of the mod to force having to go through the siege waiting time (perhaps it was this way historically, don't know).
    b) weather is definitively screwed. No matter if I check or uncheck the battlefield weather option I almost invariably get heavy fog or night -which is really annoying and hard on my eyes-
    Hmm... I have always been able to climb walls with my armies during a siege battle.

I don't know if you are using other mods or not, but if you use other mods than TAR then reinstall everything and play a siege battle in vanilla first.

After that try to play a siege battle in TAR before installing other mods. Also, make sure you don't change the settings in TAR, just install TAR then launch ETW and play a siege battle.

this mod are abandoned right?

Not work, he crash in random battles and i dont see any more solutions

please put in OP "DONT WORK"

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Luterio View Post
    please put in OP "DONT WORK"
    In this past this was true.

If you download the 2019 update it will work.

hip63

Great mod, thanks! I have lost the TAR icon and there is a windows default icon in its place. Is there a TAR icon somewhere where I can go to reload it, please?

Would you say this mod was quite stable? I have had constant problems with it crashing. All resolved, but it seems fragile.
    Last edited by Lannes1; April 27, 2019 at 10:31 AM.

There are some little bugs. When you play as Pirates (only for fun of course/the revolution campaign 1775) their main building on Hispaniola needs to add troops. The 5th (i think) upgrade lvl. has filled unit tree with all units, but when you upgrade to last/final 6th lvl. building, the units disappear and you can recruit only standard ones. (they are 2, sword buccaners and cannons).
    Also in These 13 colonies, I noticed when I played as Netherlands that you can recruit 2 colonial infantry (dutch) which have same name, same unitcard, different price (i think) and differnent stats, and the less expensive unit has slightly better stats as that more expensive unit. And this units are recruitable in their American colonies right after campaign starts, so at the 1.building lvl.

I can't even start the mod, but it looks nice.
    When I try to run the launcher I got a pop-up:
    "the code execution cannot proceed because lua5.1.dll was not found"

I've reinstalled TAR and got the same problem.