Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports for v3.5

Default Re: Bug Reports for v3.5

Yes please With regard to the finances, after I took Phraaspa Van and Armavir I can now afford an extra 2 full-stack armies of Chrysaspidaes with Haitori and Hypaspistae, and still have money to spare just from those 3 cities, so they may want a bit of a reduction of resources in later releases.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Already on the to-do list. I may try to get 3.5.2 out this weekend, as I have a few days off from dental surgery this morning. Don't worry, though; I won't code until the Vicodin is out of my system.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Icon5 Re: Bug Reports for v3.5

Hi Guys,
    Just recently found out about the extended realism mod. I downloaded v3.4 and installed the patches to v3.5 and the v3.5.1 hotfix, and it works great. Just one question, though. When I play Rome, the only ships I can recruit are biremes, even with the best ship building facilites. Triremes and other better ships are not availble in the building options. So, I decided to see if this problem was for Carthage also. It works fine for Carthage. I can recruit a number of different ships with Carthage, but not for Rome. Is this a bug, or was it designed like this on purpose?

FriendlyFire's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Roman View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Just recently found out about the extended realism mod. I downloaded v3.4 and installed the patches to v3.5 and the v3.5.1 hotfix, and it works great. Just one question, though. When I play Rome, the only ships I can recruit are biremes, even with the best ship building facilites. Triremes and other better ships are not availble in the building options. So, I decided to see if this problem was for Carthage also. It works fine for Carthage. I can recruit a number of different ships with Carthage, but not for Rome. Is this a bug, or was it designed like this on purpose?
    That one caught me out too The answer is that triremes and larger ships can only be built in regions that have the timber resource. Those cities therefore become much more important for seafaring powers.

Thanks, FriendlyFire. Pretty realsitic that feature.
    Got another question, since I'm pretty new to this mod
    Does version 3.5.1 include the Promethean Legion addon pack? Does the Marius event happen in this game?

Also, just one more question. I wanted to install Caligula Caesar's mod for the Extended Realism mod (after patching to version 3.5.1). When I start the game, Ok, no CTD's! So, I choose the Roman Republic and the loading bar starts loading. It's ok, until the loading bar reaches the end. Then, it does a CTD! I tried reinstalling and installing a number of times, but it just keeps crashing!
    Anyone know why

Yes, we do use the Promethean Legion pack, and the Marius event does happen.

CC's mod only works on 3.4.1. He hasn't updated it for the new version yet. (Which is understandable, since he's busy with a full mod project: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=310028 )
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Which do you think is better, CC's mod for version 3.4.1 or regular version 3.5.1?

I would advice ExRM 3.5.1. Simply because it's newer

Carados's Avatar Senator

It might actually be a better idea to try CC's mod for a short while because 3.5.2 should be around soon! Don't want you starting a new campaign only to have to start again, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Carados View Post
    It might actually be a better idea to try CC's mod for a short while because 3.5.2 should be around soon! Don't want you starting a new campaign only to have to start again, eh?
    You mean 3.5.2 is not save game compatible? Crap! Just started a new campain like 3 days ago!

Carados's Avatar Senator

I don't think so, unfortunately. It might be a few days away yet, Quinn has suffered some casualties and needs to return to Rome for retraining.

Oh no! Get well soon Quinn! Hopefully you can get some silver-chevron armour whilst you're there

Tiro

Hello forum!

I'm trying to start a campaign in 3.5.1, but I always get the message "Please select an item from the list" when I press the "New Campaign" button, and when I quit, I get this message:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6774/errorpt.jpg

And it annoys me a LOT as I loved RTR, and I'm sure I'll disappear into my screen when I start this. I've run the campaign_map-thingy, but still no luck...

Help me, please!

Hi there

Try deleting map.rwm by using the batch file "reset_map.bat" (or something) in the main ExRM folder.

If that doesn't help (which is very likely, but deleting map.rwm is like giving a kick to the tv if it doesn't work ), you probably need to update your version of RTW to 1.5 and BI to 1.6. You can find all updates here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...69585#RTWPatch

Hope it helps

Tiro

Thanks for quick response. Of course I forgot to patch it. Haven't played BI since I tried it first time, 'cause I didn't like it, but had to install it to try the "successor" to RTR Platinium. But the auto-updater for 1.6 crashed during update, and no .exe's was restored, so have to remove Rome:TW and BI. And now the uninstall hangs. *Sigh*

I'll try the mod later tonight then.

Good luck, Mogan!

Quote Originally Posted by Irenaeus View Post
    Oh no! Get well soon Quinn! Hopefully you can get some silver-chevron armour whilst you're there
    Thanks! I've got a lot of work to catch up on (I think I overdid it today, so I'm back on Vicodin for the evening), but I'll get 3.5.2 out this weekend. I want to run a few more tests on it and run over my notes to make sure I've fixed all the additional minor bugs you guys have caught in this thread.

Hey guys, I was thinking about trying CC's mod for extended realism, but I heard only works for v3.4, not 3.5.1. Was wondering if there were any differences between 3.4 and 3.5.1. Does 3.4 have the Promethus Legion pack and stuff, like all the major things? I realize 3.5.1 has a few minor upgrades and tweeks that 3.4 doens't, but is there anything major that 3.4 doesn't have?
    Also, when do you think 3.5.2 is coming out?
    Thanks!

Just a quick update about my concerns about the money-making cities in Armenia (Phraaspa & Van) - even though the populations have grown a lot in my game, the income hasn't as the Market buildings were maxed out at that city size. So their income is a lot more believable now for the size of their populations. I'd still recommend reducing some of the resources there, but I'm not as concerned as I once was.

Quinn, re. you trying to get Rome and Carthage to fight, be assured that Rome, Carthage and myself (Seleucids) are engaged in a big 3-way war at the moment in my current game at 220BC Carthage owns north-west Africa & southern Spain (recently re-conquered from Rome) and I'm pushing into northern Italy after havnig conquered all of Greece. Rome has conquered all of Gaul and Spain, but is starting to lose them to Carthage and myself respectively.

Tiro

I solved the problem! It seems my backup image of BI was corrupt somehow (and the CD lost a long time ago), so I ran down to the store and bought Rome: Gold. I've played a few turns only, but I really liked the start so far. Expect some feedback from me within a week or so.

btw, thanks for putting more rebels in garrisons. Now I actually have to play those battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Roman View Post
    Hey guys, I was thinking about trying CC's mod for extended realism, but I heard only works for v3.4, not 3.5.1. Was wondering if there were any differences between 3.4 and 3.5.1. Does 3.4 have the Promethus Legion pack and stuff, like all the major things? I realize 3.5.1 has a few minor upgrades and tweeks that 3.4 doens't, but is there anything major that 3.4 doesn't have?
    Also, when do you think 3.5.2 is coming out?
    Thanks!
    3.5.2 will be out either tonight or tomorrow EST.

The Promethean pack's been part of the mod since its creation.

3.5.1 has a few minor tweaks that 3.5 doesn't. 3.5 has substantial changes from 3.4. Here's the changelog (warning--LONG):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-added a Roman spy in Sardinia
    -fixed boundaries in Hyrcania area
    -Combined two existing Parthian provinces and gave them a new one to the north
    -Fixed Alexandria in Arachosia's name
    -Alexandria Eschate goes south of the river
    -Keep all stat_heat values between -2 and 5
    -Keep all stat_ground values between -8 and 8
    -Give German Berserkers 3 pts of armour
    -Increase low-level Gallic unit morale, since they're undisciplined
    -Reduce HA range
    -Added law bonus for Epirus on the town square
    -Convert EDB to use timber instead of coastal_forest, add timber to Britannia_Superior
    -Remove Chalkis-Asia Minor landbridge
    -Give thureophoroi and Thracian cav one throwing javelin and better spear attack?
    -Add a port and trader/market to Cornwall
    -Get camels out of Africa!
    -Make G_C and Ptolies friends
    -Collapsed Dacian noble and general cav, as the cav that made perfect sense for Thracian nobility most certainly did _not_ for Dacian nobility
    -See about un-nerfing Indian units
    -Nerf Agrigento garrison and make GCs and Carthage start at war
    -Use CC's +Sarm map_features.tga
    -Make Tanais settlement creator = Greek_Cities
    -"I found Cilicians in the merc pool in Turdetania, probably left over from its previous existence as a Cypriot province, but it puzzled me a bit, because descr_mercs suggested it wouldn't be so. Also, is it intentional to make Balearics retrainable, but not trainable, by Romans? "
    -Un-nerf Galatian swordsmen, make Galatian elite swords better, too
    -Fix Poeni Citizen Infantry description
    -Changes to ranged units: slingers down to 3-4 attack w/AP, skirmish. jav. 4 javs, inf. jav. 2 javs, jav. cav. 4 javs
    -Fix aor_asia_archer_sprite_000.tga.tga.dds filenanme in ExRM\Data\RTR\sprites
    -"Is this entry ok? no seperation line between the two types(Equites Consulares and Equites Singulares):"
    -Reduce elite cavalry and infantry prices by 10%, esp. cavalry
    -Reduce phalanx unit secondary HP by 1
    -Increase HA strength in autocalc again
    -Let everyone build L1 mines (?)
    -Reduce Parthia and Bactria starting size
    -Move Parthian start region to the north
    -Use Carac Caratacus's rebel garrisons and new resources
    -Go over CaCa's post here for potential unit discrepancies: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...31#post5961831
    -Swap Charax for Sel. Pieria
    -Removed all trade bonuses from port (except one minor one)
    -Reduce mercenary spawning by 50% or more
    -Note in export_units that sling bullets have more range than stones
    -Used Seasoned Alcoholic's different ram types
    -Make Indus not go mountain-climbing
    -Increased cataphract secondary hp
    -Removed Gallic spear warbands
    -Check on unit size script accuracy (Done through the Germans \ Problems found: Gauls, Armenians, Bactrians)
    -Put in the right music file
    -Give Hyrcania and Bactria caravans
    -Turn off Sel. assistance script
    -Aim Bactria north, too
    -Fix one square of Characene
    -Carthage shouldn't be able to recruit Scutari Cavalry, at least, not for cheap
    -Disabled all, or at least most, garrison scripts
    -Add KLA's Cretan archers
    -Test HA range and see if they're broken
    -Add 4 identical basic merc units to every pool
    -Replace levy hoplites with either thureophoroi (Greece and environs), thureos-bearing spearmen (Black Sea), or just the local levies in the Eastern Med.
    -Add thureophoroi to the merc pool
    -Removed old aor Thrace slingers
    -Split Thrace and Dacia AsOR
    -Add Variag Thracian slinger for Dacia
    -Add Variag peltast for Dacia, replace their peltast
    -What to do about Dacian spear warband? (Removed)
    -Limit Bastarnae recruitment? (Done.)
    -Add new Dacian falxmen/aor falxmen and heavy swordsmen
    -Add new Dacian general cav, horse archers, and comati cav.
    -Add Dacian noble non-general cav, too? No, too few spots.
    -Replace Jewish zealots with Jewish skirmishers
    -Add Jewish skirmisher, Levantine spearmen, and Levantine militia (LaCa's Numidian LI, Numidian longsleeve Auxiliaries {with the star shield}, and Numidian militia) (no room for the militia)
    -Remove shieldless slingers, replace Gallic ones with Senone slinger model
    -Add HOA Dacian Officer
    -Adjust lethality to equalize
    -Zeus the whole thing
    -Test unit_size again
    -Check that perfect_spy is off in the script that ships
    -Unit cards for Senone Slingers!
    -Oh, yeah, fix Dacian intro text and strat names!

Quote Originally Posted by Irenaeus View Post
    Just a quick update about my concerns about the money-making cities in Armenia (Phraaspa & Van) - even though the populations have grown a lot in my game, the income hasn't as the Market buildings were maxed out at that city size. So their income is a lot more believable now for the size of their populations. I'd still recommend reducing some of the resources there, but I'm not as concerned as I once was.

Quinn, re. you trying to get Rome and Carthage to fight, be assured that Rome, Carthage and myself (Seleucids) are engaged in a big 3-way war at the moment in my current game at 220BC Carthage owns north-west Africa & southern Spain (recently re-conquered from Rome) and I'm pushing into northern Italy after havnig conquered all of Greece. Rome has conquered all of Gaul and Spain, but is starting to lose them to Carthage and myself respectively.
    That's interesting about the income, thanks. I think you'll find them a bit more sedate in the new version, but not too much.

I'm glad to see that Rome and Carthage do eventually get into it, even if I'd rather they had a nice sea-borne war. AI limitation, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogan View Post
    I solved the problem! It seems my backup image of BI was corrupt somehow (and the CD lost a long time ago), so I ran down to the store and bought Rome: Gold. I've played a few turns only, but I really liked the start so far. Expect some feedback from me within a week or so.

btw, thanks for putting more rebels in garrisons. Now I actually have to play those battles.
    Oh, good. I'm glad you've got it working.

You might want to play most battles, at least for awhile. Most factions start pretty cash-strapped, so small battles can be surprisingly important.