Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Heralded Better AI for ETW Vanilla!

Default Re: The Heralded Better AI for ETW Vanilla!

I've had an interesting battle in my Austrian campaign - the first battle with the mods.
    The Preussian AI focused all his strength on my right flank and it never came to any melee at all. Fortunately Ii managed to swing my line so that I could face him face to face. Then I sent my pikemen charging into his weakest point. It was a great battle

I am not sure that I have installled the mods correctly.
    Hopefully I have managed to edit my user.empire_script.txt the right way:

mod "mod_ornamentum_full.pack";mod "A_TanBAI.pack";mod "patch_tighter_formations.pack";

Is this correct?

Thanx!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I would very much like to see a patch that is compatible with The Rights of Man

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    I would very much like to see a patch that is compatible with The Rights of Man
    The next TROM version will use Darth's suggested spotting values. I've also taken away the hiding ability from a lot of units, removed Fire & Advance, and adjusted morale values to reduce time spent in melee. Just don't expect any miracles. From what I've seen, ALL the community mods are suffering from the broken Battle AI, and though there may be slight improvements, there is currently no fix that will give good results consistently.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

one question: more moral increases melee?
    many thanx to the people who are spending time on this problem because i think itīs the MOST IMPORTANT THREAD at this moment of ETW.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

@Tan,and all here,maybe you should look at Dignans mod-topic as well mate,
    i think its all connected in regards to our search for fixing the BAI
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=303654
    Thanks in advance
    greetings

iīm connected on that thread too and tested fire and advance removal,my last battle was the freakest:

I want fire and advance back....ok?

Ok dudes ....this might sound strange....I tested a small mod that was made ages ago...by some dude, It basicli slows the battle pace down....its not the one that slows it down 4 50% its a mod where u can decrease even more I chose 30%. Loaded up a battle between britts and austrians late era....the pace of the game was a real bliss...I started to herass the biritish lines with lite infantary and horse mounted carbine dudes, the britts marched in nice order answered with lites aswell and cav trying to take out the horse-carbine dudes....we echanged volleys, several, they kept a rather proper line, I started to fire and advance with four regiments, worked like a charm, kept herrasing their flanks with curiasser and hussar regiments....after a tough fire exchange most of their units routed, 2 regiments got sorunded, then they formed sqares, but they wre doomed sine sourounde by 4 regiments...I was amaized how normal the battle was...not a single mellee....no other mods installed....If one opens up the mod it doesnt seem to affect anything special but the pace, It was done though when ETW was about 1.1., Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ronchas View Post
    iīm connected on that thread too and tested fire and advance removal,my last battle was the freakest:
    Thats a freaky battle allright
    Are you posting on the official site as well?
    http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/63152?page=1
    ,you should!!
    greetings

Quote Originally Posted by RomaJilo View Post
    Ok dudes ....this might sound strange....I tested a small mod that was made ages ago...by some dude, It basicli slows the battle pace down....its not the one that slows it down 4 50% its a mod where u can decrease even more I chose 30%. Loaded up a battle between britts and austrians late era....the pace of the game was a real bliss...I started to herass the biritish lines with lite infantary and horse mounted carbine dudes, the britts marched in nice order answered with lites aswell and cav trying to take out the horse-carbine dudes....we echanged volleys, several, they kept a rather proper line, I started to fire and advance with four regiments, worked like a charm, kept herrasing their flanks with curiasser and hussar regiments....after a tough fire exchange most of their units routed, 2 regiments got sorunded, then they formed sqares, but they wre doomed sine sourounde by 4 regiments...I was amaized how normal the battle was...not a single mellee....no other mods installed....If one opens up the mod it doesnt seem to affect anything special but the pace, It was done though when ETW was about 1.1., Any thoughts?

give us the link so we can try mate !

RomaJilo is right!!i had installed that mod and i searched later with the 1.4patch and canīt find it and donīt remember who was it name...that mod really worked fine

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

one question: more moral increases melee?
    Lowering morale and using bigger morale penalties for flank attacks etc makes it more likely for units to rout, so that melee is shorter. If you balance it right, the units will retreat and reform rather than simply run off the map. It doesn't stop melee from happening, but melee fights don't last that long. It's what we do in TROM, and I am pretty sure the other major mods do something similar.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Morganh,just posted in the oficial site...wish that some CA worker see that horror

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Morganh,just posted in the oficial site...wish that some CA worker see that horror
    I am looking at the placement of troops in that battle and even though we here know it is unlikely I can see the boys over at CA taking A look and deciding that the issue here is the fact that the AI cant decide which foes to face due to them taking fire literally from what appears to be all sides...

going to give this slow mod a chance and see what it does for the battle play...can this be used with Tan's work or does it alter the same files???

Just tested RomaJilo and i had CTD maybe itīs not compatible with 1.5

start without mod manager...I use mod manager 1.3 though, works with that as the maker said, just read the read me file

i installed it another time without mod manager,just copying the patch file and editing the user.script and still having CTD.Do i have to keep the user script in only reading?i read the post and iīm not sure how to install.tnxxx

Guys ;Have you pmed the maker of that particular mod?(if it keeps ctding)
    or else i hope the OP Tan Zhi Han will know how to make it compatible with the 1.5,
    Again there is some Hope at least guys,lets just stand our ground!

btw i see Toon was using this as well,so maybe hell know some enhancements to pull this off again,ill pm him

Hi guys sorry 4 being away...had to watch Desperet housewifes with my wife I dont know I just put the mod...30% in data folder deleted all mods before..started with mod manger 1.3...will try agin and get back to u guys... maybe clean ur user script file?