Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Interactive Mod Compilation v1.1 >Feb 12< ### for TATW 3.1 and AUM ### Improved Gameplay, Rewards and Advanced Missions ### ### Very Stable ###

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Interactive Mod Compilation v1.1 >Feb 12< ### for TATW 3.1 and AUM ### Improved Gameplay, Rewards and Advanced Missions ### ### Very Stable ###

Interactive Mod Compilation for TATW 3.1

This mod utilises one and only Advanced Missions – a newly discovered functionality providing interactive and randomised gameplay.

Interactive Mod Compilation 12-02-2012, download:HERE

Agostinos' AUM compatibility file (put in Third_Age_3\data\): HERE

New v1.1 features:

- toggling mods off on demand
    - extended functionality of Achievement mod
    - balancing of Raid Commander mod
    - many bugfixes that ensure everything works flwalessly
    - ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.5

Feature Presentation (images)

Application: Install in your main TATW 3.1 directory (default: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\)
    I've been hogging this discovery for main TATW release , but here it is.

Current improvements:

G5 Advanced Mission System
    The idea: Uses heavily modded vanilla and totally new custom missions.

Features:
    - better, more exicting rewards
    - new system of missions integrated with scripts (major mentioned below)
    - more randomisation

G5 Raid Commander Mod
    The idea: Provides evil player with possibility of sending a punitive expedition towards designated enemy lands.

Features:
    - Sauron commences a Raid on enemy lands and you are chosen to command it
    - randomised targets and mission goals
    - cumulative rewards for fulfilling mission goals
    - random difficulty level
    - penalties for attacking other evil factions while on a mission

G5 Pre-emptive Strike
    The idea: Good factions have an opportunity to attack gathering invasion force and prevent it from attacking you or allies with full strength.

Features:
    - The Council of Nobles charges player with a mission
    - randomised targets and mission goals
    - high reward for killing enemy general
    - random difficulty level
    - Sauron’s army grows with time

G5 Spoils of War Mod
    The idea: Traditionally vanquished enemy lost not only armies, but often also their encampment..

Features:
    - new system of rewards : attacker gets more money
    - winning with odds against a player gives additional cash, particularly when heavily outnumbered
    - the bigger AI army is, the better rewards
    - when scoring a heroic victory against much bigger enemy, additional reward from The Council may be granted
    - notification on gaining additional loot
    - autoresolve battles offer only minor sums of money
    - sieges and naval battles excluded

G5 Diplomacy Mod
    The idea: Provides unique faction interaction model.

Features:
    - AI diplomats can be arrested if an enemy faction takes hostile action against you

G5 Achievement Mod
    The idea: Promotes active faction leaders by granting a range of rewards.

Features:
    - new and unique rewards, depending on your faction’s level of development
    - achievement tracking (press “C” on campaign map to access information on current state)
    - rewards for accumulating enough points, even post-death
    - points granted for heroic victories in open field battles (when considerably outnumbered), conquering settlements (deducted for losing), completing missions and releasing or executing prisoners (faction-dependant)

G5 Travelling Merchants Mini-Mod
    The idea: This mini-mod introduces possibility of sponsoring daring endeavours that can bring significant profits by establishing a trading post in distant lands.

Features:
    - expensive, but rewarding trading missions
    - offer dependant on presence of trade buildings in at least one bigger city and eagerness of player to venture far from home

G5 Faction Economy Overhaul
    The idea: Why give AI any money?
    Features:
    - reduces AI’s debt to reasonable levels with great accuracy
    - lets AI restore its financial stability by itself
    - helps near-extinct factions by giving them small amount to spend in case they go bankrupt

G5 Trial and Regency Mini-Mod - Toggleable
    The idea: This small mod is a result of scripting challenge I took on. It’s aimed at simulating complexity of leader’s struggle to hold on to the throne.

Features:
    - rewritten for better functionality
    - possibility of king being put on trial and executed if a conspiracy is formed
    - possibility of repressing chosen characters for suspected disobedience
    -introducing informal regency if leader is thought to be inappropriate and a chance to appoint
    a regent manually

G5 Centralised Administration - Toggleable
    The idea: This mod reflects house rules many players follow.

Features:
    - manual recruitment and construction possibly only when a governor is present
    - automated management only with no governor

Latest ReallyBadAI Battle System and battle stability improvements (featured TATW AI)

Tweaked Autonomous Regions Mod - reinforcements appear more often

Garrison Script - Toggleable

Enjoy your game and please leave feedback.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; February 12, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: Limited Activities Script 1.03 for TATW 1.2/1.3

Outdated
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Interactive Gameplay Mod for TATW 2.1- Download HERE

This mod utilises new scripting possibilities in order to provide more interactive gameplay, including unique multi-choice events that encourage player's activity and let you shape diplomatic relations and own faction's fate.

Application: Install to your main TATW 2.1 directory (default: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\). Not savegame-compatible, requires campaign restart to work. Clean_Files.bat is to be found in Third_Age\ folder, run it after applying the mod.

Contents:

• Spoils of War Mod

The idea: The game was missing some additional factors reflecting the fact that usually looting enemies/battlefield was an important part of a victory.

Features:
    - randomly adds small amount of money for autoresolve battles based on type of victory
    - additional chances of getting more loot when not autoresolving them - based on enemy army's size and victory type
    - AI gets bonuses as well, in case it defeats player's army in battle it gets a substantial
    - notification in case of gaining additional loot and information on enemy's proceedings after
    non-autoresolve battle
    -------------------------------------
    • Trial and Regency Mini-Mod

The idea: This small mod is a result of scripting challenge I took on. It’s aimed at simulating complexity of leader’s struggle to hold on to the throne.

Features:
    - possibility of king being put on trial and executed if a conspiracy is formed
    - possibility of repressing chosen characters for suspected disobedience
    -introducing informal regency if leader is thought to be inappropriate and a chance to appoint
    a regent manually
    • Achievement Mod

The idea: Tracks achievements of a faction leader.

Features:
    - achievement tracking (press “C” on campaign map to access information on current state)
    - rewards for accumulating enough points, even post-death
    - points granted for heroic victories in open field battles (when heavily outnumbered), conquering settlements (deducted for losing), completing missions and releasing or executing prisoners (faction-dependant)
    • Travelling Merchants Mini-Mod

The idea: This mini-mod introduces possibility of sponsoring daring endeavours that can bring significant profits by establishing a trading post in distant lands.

Features:
    - expensive, but rewarding trading missions
    - offer dependant on presence of trade buildings in at least one bigger city and eagerness of player to venture far from home
    • Diplomacy Mini-Mod

The idea
    : Lets player shape diplomatic relations more accordingly.

Features:
    - possibility do detain foreign diplomats as a response to executing player’s agent
    - faction relations updated based on these events

• Latest ReallyBadAI Battle System and battle stability improvements (featured TATW AI).

Spoils of War Mod for TATW 2.1- Download HERE

Includes latest ReallyBadAI.

Application: Install to your main TATW 2.1 directory (default: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\). Not savegame-compatible, requires campaign restart to work. Clean_Files.bat is to be found in Third_Age\ folder, run it after applying the mod.

Limited Activities Script Download: Here
    Details:
    Application: Copy-paste to the bottom of campaign script file (just above wait_monitors command).

Compatibility: Any mod that uses the same strat map names as TATW (that includes RC-RR). Compatible with all TATW releases since 1.0 and all submods.
    The idea: It reflects "house rules" some forum members plays with. If there's no governor in a settlement during a turn a player can't perform such activities as building/recruitment/repairing/retraining/tax rate change. The only option left is auto-management. Buildings can be queued though.

Spoils of War Mod for RC/RRJan 18/31 Download: Here Apply after installing ReallyBadAI (optional)
    Spoils of War Mod for vanilla TATW 1.4 Download: Here Apply after installing ReallyBadAI (optional)
    Details:
    Application: Extract contents to your main TATW directory(default: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\).

Compatibility: Future releases will cover vanilla TATW as well.
    The idea: It came from PSIHOPAT, the game was missing some additional factors reflecting the fact that usually looting enemies/battlefield was an important part of a victory.

Features:
    - randomly adds small amount of money for autoresolve battles based on type of victory
    - additional chances of getting more loot when not autoresolving them - based on enemy army's size and victory type
    - AI gets bonuses as well, in case it defeats player's army in battle it gets a substantial reward - a temporary bonus to king's purse, which makes it spend money on infrastructure rather than on units
    - notification in case of gaining additional loot and information on enemy's proceedings after non-autoresolve battle
    - protects against king's purse "overflow"

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; January 23, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Default Re: Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### for TATW 1.3/1.2 ###

New version available, it eliminates the possibility to bypass limitations by reloading a game.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 20, 2009 at 09:39 AM.

Default Re: Looting Mod 1.01 BETA and Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### for RC/RR and TATW 1.3/1.2 ###

New modification - Looting Mod - is available. Details in 1st post.

Regards

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Looting Mod 1.01 BETA and Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### for RC/RR and TATW 1.3/1.2 ###

Great work man.

This is what i mean close bi reality.

After "looting mod" no one can be bored to fight against endless stack , because his work will be rewarded , and even some exceptional battle comanders will want to fight against even more full stacks . Also small factions can have benefit from this...silvan elf's , isengard....or...can be his only chance for survival...

Unfortunately i don't have any reputation to give you Germanicu5.

I don't have because i don't care about that, and because i don't deserve...and really don't care.....))
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; November 02, 2009 at 11:03 PM.

New version of Looting Mod is up, includes text changes only.

Regards

Wow, didn't expect it to be ready so soon! Thanks Germanicu5!

Default Re: Looting Mod 1.02 BETA and Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### for RC/RR and TATW 1.3/1.2 ###

@archer9
    Thx, I just had some spare time .

Any remarks on the Looting Mod ppl? It's all adjustable, so you can influence its shape by providing some feedback.

Regards

GrumpyBean's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Looting Mod 1.02 BETA and Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### for RC/RR and TATW 1.3/1.2 ###

I like the loot mod. it encourages me to fight ALOT more But one little thing i would add would be when fighting the dwarves or any "rich" faction you can get even more loot from their high quality products. Another idea is that when sacking a unique settlement you gain more loot also. Just my thoughts though. GOOD WORK. you made this mod really really playable.
    Very funny and old tale of Mordor. The grass is always greener.
    Epic Tale of Thera, simply a masterpiece . Borissomeone's Tales of Thera.

I tried the looting mod yesterday, but I guess I´ll have to start a new campaign to make it work... Looking forward it anyway! Thanks for enhancing the gameplay!

@GrumpyBean

I'll see about additional settlement loot, but I don't want to give players too much additional income. It can be expanded to make it faction-specific, but that'd financially unbalance the game as well. I'll perhaps introduce additional income generated by killing enemy generals, but I'm busy with fixing AI building policy atm.

@kaltorak

Yes, your campaign needs to be restarted.

Regards

I like the looting mod, it's certainly a nice addition. I'd say the bonus could be a little bigger, though. Right now it's just not that noticeable (I haven't auto-resolved any battles yet), though I've had all Clear Victories. If the battle was closer, would the reward be larger? Though that wouldn't make too much sense. "Looting" implies looting the goodies from the enemy's dead bodies, not your own. Thus, the more complete the victory, the larger the reward should be.

Anyways, I like it. Gives me more incentive to play out all my battles and not be lazy .

I'll rep you in 11 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas X View Post
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]I like the looting mod, it's certainly a nice addition. I'd say the bonus could be a little bigger, though. Right now it's just not that noticeable (I haven't auto-resolved any battles yet), though I've had all Clear Victories. If the battle was closer, would the reward be larger? Though that wouldn't make too much sense. "Looting" implies looting the goodies from the enemy's dead bodies, not your own. Thus, the more complete the victory, the larger the reward should be.[/QUOTE
    Question/Suggestion for Germanicu5

1 - Yes looting can be rised a little bit.

2 - Reward to be equal for all type of victory? No

Because:

a) Difference between rewards encourage players to improve his tactics and to try to gain heroic victory for the maximum reward...and the happiness is greater if he succeeded.I suggest to be very big difference between rewards.

b) Why the winner don't loot materials from his own dead soldiers?
    Winner take all that he want , found on the battlefield >from friendly dead soldiers or enemy soldiers.

c) For heroic victory,winning army have very few loses after crushing the enemy,resulting:few work can be done for repairing damaged armor and weapons for his army.All enemy materials can be gathered just for profit.

d) For close victory(who mean massacre),winner have many dead soldiers who lie dead on the field and much work must be done for survivals, repairing his own damaged equipment and few soldiers has remain to do that or to carry another materials for other purpose....few soldiers in the middle of the sea of dead body and materials...so little power to have benefit after that victory...so many materials.... who appear like a mountain for this few lucky soldiers remaining alive...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is possible to be excluded "chance"?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can be calculated based on the value of the army and type of victory?Total value for army calculated in money.
    Because:
    100 militia carry materials far less valuable than 100 elite soldiers or generals.

And another bonus for loot if the winner is able to kill faction leader or heir.
    For ransom their price is enormous.

For killing generals it is not necessary a bonus...making the player to be very happy when have a chance to fight against an army lead bi faction leader or heir...exploding bi happiness if is able to kill them(leader or heir)....especially if his economy is very weak and having serious need for help to revive at the normal.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; November 03, 2009 at 10:08 PM.

I haven't fully tested this mod, because I don't want to give up on my current campaign.

Some suggestions (though I don't know if they are possible):
    1. Amount of loot should depend on the faction. For example, killing a stack of orcs should bring little to no reward, but killing a stack of dwarves, should bring considerably more money. (I do not believe that men or elves or dwarves would find orc armour/weapons valuable or usable.) As psihopat already mentioned, the sums should also be dependant on the class of unit. (elite or low tire units. Higher the class = better the equipment = bigger the loot).

2. I do not believe that heroic victories should be very significant in terms of loot. Because in my campaing I get heroic victories all the time. Size and quality of the enemy army should affect the loot. Nothing else.

Some suggestions (though I don't know if they are possible):
    1. Amount of loot should depend on the faction. For example, killing a stack of orcs should bring little to no reward, but killing a stack of dwarves, should bring considerably more money.
    It is specified by me but in other way.Value represented in money,calculated for entire army,who is obvious much higher for factions with expensive units.
    Can be calculated based on the value of the army and type of victory?Total value for army calculated in money.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do not believe that heroic victories should be very significant in terms of loot. Because in my campaing I get heroic victories all the time. Size and quality of the enemy army should affect the loot. Nothing else.
    Man.Think a little bit.This mod is for all.Not just for you and me or another few.Not many players are able to have heroic victory.When they succes that they are very very happy and proud.

You undestand the idea?

Edit:
    If is possible...
    The "problem" with reward can be solved if is affected by difficulty level chosen by the player.

VH - less reward - but balanced to have benefit from looting,because if not,become useless all work
    M - medium reward
    E - great reaward - anyway,players who play with this dificulty level will have very few chances to have heroic victory.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; November 04, 2009 at 11:36 AM.

Really? I always thought everyone are getting lots of heroic victories in this mod. (At least at first 50 turns on VH/VH.) Or is it just me? Or is it RR/RC?

Really? I always thought everyone are getting lots of heroic victories in this mod. (At least at first 50 turns on VH/VH.) Or is it just me? Or is it RR/RC?
    Or is just faction choosen bi you?)) -joking

You are not only one,be sure about that.

But this mod it is supposed to be for all people.Some of them don't even have courage to start campaign at VH/VH.I have saw one guy who has been so scared playing with SE,when in battle has saw waves of orcs running against him.He has manage to win the battle , but with sweet on his body.There are people like this one.Not just one or two...there are many,and is unfair to make for them such an great mod with little use because they don't have skill in tactics.They will learn...

Take a look at the topics and comments in TATW forum and you will find the answer.

It's true what i say.

Edit: 81 people has downloaded "looting mod" until the present,and i am sure...not all play at VH/VH and having heroic after heroic victory.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; November 04, 2009 at 09:06 PM.

I wonder if it would be possible to center a whole faction around looting. For example join it with DaC's economy system. Units being practically free but towns still requiring "money" to develop. So a player can recruit his initial units for free but has to search out fights and be fairly successful in them in order to develop his towns and acquire more advanced units and upgrades. This would mean that town economy (taxes, farming, trade) would be minimized to force the player to take the aggressive "looting" approach.

Might be interesting.

Also, ironically I find the looting script to be much more appropriate for the various historical mods than tatw. G5, you should maybe try peddling the script to BC, SS or DoTS.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; November 05, 2009 at 03:37 PM.

E - great reaward - anyway,players who play with this dificulty level will have very few chances to have heroic victory.
    This is the easiest way to get a Heroic Victory. AI units take 30% more damage and deal 30% less at this level, while at 2.0, in addition to AI increases, they recieve a 200% damage increase, and 100% less (this doesn't mean 0, though - it means their stats are twice are large - i.e 2HP where they had 1 before in it's most literal terms).

I could probably take 3 Generals and get a Heroic Victory in 30 Battles on Easy AI in the Campaign, due to the difference in quality. You can charge spears, lose or 2, break out through the rear, and they'll turn to face you - by which time you'll have looped round, and be hitting them in what was now their front but is now their rear.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

More clear.
    All players who choose to play on easy dificulty make this determinated bi 2 things:

1-they don't know nothind about TW tactics,who is close bi reality and for some people real battle strategy is a real chalange.

2-they have some skill as commanders,and know something about TW tactics, but they want just to play for fun.

Maybe easy can be replaced by "relax and have fun"
    Easy as that.

Obvious for VH ,reward require alot of atention for balance, because,usualy, players who play just with this dificulty level are very skilled strategists and tacticians.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; November 05, 2009 at 06:56 PM.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast