Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RUINS OF GLORY VERSION 1.1 REUPLOADED

Default RUINS OF GLORY VERSION 1.1 REUPLOADED

I'am proud to present the v.1.1 of my mod Ruins Of Glory. There has been a lot of tweaks since the 1.0 version, mainly the 4 turns per year, and a better balance of the game.

VERSION 1.1 REUPLOADED:

You can find it on the mod's blog I've made to prevent that it goes down again: http://ruinsofglory.blogspot.com/

MOD INFO

Mod Info; = Description =

Ruins of Glory is a complete modification of Rome BI v1.6, featuring the last years of the Roman Empire. It starts in 476 a.d., with the scirian warlord Odoacer having just proclaimed himself "King of Italy", Julius Nepos running the remains of the Roman Empire in Pannonia, the Saxons, Jutes and Angles having landed on England, etc.

The mod is focused on the western part of the Roman Empire, as to give a better representation both in factions and regions. The mod is based on Rio's IBFD, from which basically the units are taken from.

Some Screenshots;

= Features =

New Map, with lots of new regions to give a historical depth to every corner of southern europe.

Great units from other various mods, IBFD, Arthurian, Vlad, etc. More than 50 new skins/textures.

100 % historical characters wherever has been possible to research (the burgundians have their realistic king and heir, there is Odoacer and his brother, etc)

Accurate historical development of the game, you won't see the Romans making a imperial blitz through europe. The germanics and other "barbarian" factions have the advantage as it should be.

4 turns per year script.

Aor System; 100 % AOR system, Germanic factions can only recruit their units in germany, Picts only can recruit in scotland and some parts of Britain, but factions can recruit auxiliaries everywhere.

Better horde balance; hordes are stronger and larger in numbers, harder to beat.

Brand new factions symbols and banners

Temples; every faction has his own correct temples.

New loading screens.

20 playable factions, (7 new from vanilla);

Picts
    Romano-British
    Angles
    Jutes
    Saxons
    Franks
    Frisians
    Thuringians
    Alamanni
    Lombardi
    Ostrogoths
    Kingdom of Odoacer
    Western Roman Empire
    Vandals
    Berbers
    Visigoths
    Suebi
    Burgundii
    Slavs
    Free Peoples
    Rugians

INSTRUCTIONS;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. Make sure you have a fresh, unmodded install of RTW:BI
    2. Make sure you upgrade BI to v1.6
    3. Drag the folder "rog" and "ibfd" inside the Rome Total War folder. Attention; you don't need to drag the folder ibfd if you have the ibfd (invasio barbarorum) mod installed.
    4. Then, inside the folder you will find a Ruins Of Glory MOD shortcut. Right click on it, select properties, then modify were it says "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:rog -show_err -nm and put in the root were you installed RTW. Also, modify were it says "Start in" "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War" for the root that you use.
    5. If you want you can use the rogicon.ico, right click over the shortcut, properties, change icon and then select it.
    6. Play!
    7. In the campaign, for activate the 4 turns per year script, click on a settlement/fort and the advisor will come up. Then select "show_me". You only have to do this each time you start/load a campaign.

It is recommended that you play on Campaign: Very Hard/Hard, Battles; Normal/Hard.

This mod is mod-foldered.

[SIZE="4"]New features of the v1.1 version;

Added 4 turns per year script.
    Deleted the landbridge between spain and africa for preventing the visigoths conquering africa.
    New faction balance; now the Kingdom of Odoacer is weaker, thus ending his unrealistic expansion in the previous version. Similar changes done to the Romano-British and Visigoths.
    Better horde balance; now hordes are stronger and larger in numbers, harder to beat.
    Temples; now every faction has his own correct temples.
    New units; added 5 new units.
    New loading screens.
    Finally, fixed a lot of minor bugs*.

(every faction should be able to recruit units in any region, so if you see you can't recruit troops in some settlement please report it)

All this, + all the features of the previous version;

Aor System; 100 % AOR system, Germanic factions can recruit their units all over germany, Picts only can recruit in scotland, etc.

21 playable factions;

Picts
    Romano-British
    Angles
    Jutes
    Saxons
    Franks
    Frisians
    Thuringians
    Alamanni
    Jutes
    Lombardi
    Ostrogoths
    Kingdom of Odoacer
    Western Roman Empire
    Vandals
    Berbers
    Visigoths
    Suebi
    Burgundii
    Slavs
    Free Peoples
    Rugians

New factions symbols and banners;

Historically accurate characters wherever has been possible, all the kings of germanic factions are real, and so on.

Historically accurate settlements, no more Campus Juthungi and things alike.

New geography for england and ireland.

New loading screens

ATW models for barbarian diplomats

Brand new western focused map;

CREDITS;

Credits v1.1;

Octavius Vatco; for his help with the 4 turns per year script and various other things.
    McScottish; for his wonderful descriptions of Jutish Units.

Credits v 1.0;
    Thanks to Prometheus for the unit "Marcomanni Light Warband"
    Thanks to Uranos for the UI cards of the unit "Marcomanni Light Warband"
    Thanks to Florin80 for his simpathy!
    Thanks to Flavius Alberticus for his help doing models.
    Thanks to Mylae for his orientations on the Roman Empire on 476 a.d.
    Thanks to Vlad for some models for the mod.
    Thanks to Quetzalcoatl for the skins of the units Thegns and Saxon Swordsmen and Chivalry TW for the models of the quoted units.
    Thanks to all the team of Europa Barbarorum for the units Germanic Clubmen and Baltic Warriors.
    Thanks to Agraes for his orientations on the Britonic units.
    Thanks to all the people who made Arthurian Total War for their units, and various precious info!
    Thanks to IBFD and all the people who help make it, because this mod is greatly based on this exceptional mod. Namely the people are;

<<<<<Razor 'Fall of Rome:Total War' the Roman units
    http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...p?showforum=36
    Agraes 'Arthurian:Total War' - shield, scabbard, spatha, seax models, several textures,scripting ideas,
    Saxon units,
    Franks
    through 'Arthurian:Total War' I used work by ff people:
    Kscott
    Stuie
    webbird
    Zhuge Liang
    Arbaces
    I would further wish to extend my thanks to Swabian and Hross of ATW for their help in researching the Germans
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107
    Anyan - Anyan's realistic landscape mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44843
    Arbaces 'Arb's Custom BI' aka 'Ages of Darkness' aka 'Aevum Atrum' - the Guptas the Legio Lanciarii, and the mean langobards
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112
    Archer 'Archer's SkyMod'
    Warspite & Caius Brittanicus 'Rome:Total Realism' - a lot of the textures are based from theirs
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
    Darth Vader 'DarthMod' - Darth's Formations and much, much more
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71
    Dick & Alxcruel 'PAX BARBARIKA' - Huns skins (through Goth) and Slav skins
    Goth 'Goth's All Factions Mod' and 'Imperium Julianorum' - several shield patterns, part of the map
    through 'Goth's All Factions' I used work by:
    Kali
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41879
    Khelvan & Alin 'Europa Barbarorum' - animations and cataphracts
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31
    Lusted 'Lusted's Late Romans v2.0' - Draco, roman general model, parts of other models
    http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=734
    Myrddraal - multiple turns per year script
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=52168
    Pinarius - Pinarius' Horses
    PROMETHEUS ts - Prometheus' Grass
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57361
    SigniferOne 'SigniferOne's Animations Pack'
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27015
    *Also thanks to the ff people:*
    Epistolary Richard - totalwar.org aka 'the guild'
    http://totalwar.org
    Trajan, Asterix -Total War Center (TWC)
    for the subforum
    http://www.twcenter.net
    King Edward - medievaltw.com
    for the forum
    http://medievaltw.com
    Duke John (of the Lordz) >>>>>>>>

To all the people that have beta-tested the mod.
    And finally thanks to all the people that have been interested in my mod!!
    Sorry if I have forgotten to mention somebody. If you see your work in some aspect in my mod and it is not credited, contact me and I will credit it inmediately!

If you want to use any type of data of my mod, contact me via PM.
    Last edited by Boz; April 05, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Default Re: Ruins of Glory v1.1 RELEASED - Download here

Beat you all haha!

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

This looks like an interesting mod, i will give it a try when i have some free time.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Ah, let the fun begin...hope it doesn't break saves!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Same here. Or else I'm'a gonna have to start my entire campaign over. Might not be so bad I expect.

I have tried it right now and yes, it is 100 % save compatible! just in case, copy your last save, and drag it to a safe place, and then try it.

Congratulations on the new release! It`s good to see more and more mods for the late antiquity and dark ages. Best of luck with it!

Congratz Boz ! + rep , Downloading Now

Boz you are the best!
    Thanks so much for making a different map, an original map (with different regions compared to the usual map).
    This era is one of my favorites, mostly because no official game was ever released about this (the time between 476AD, the fall of Western Roman Empire, and 1066 AD, the Norman invasion of England). This is the time that Hollywood always ignored (because the Catholics have been peddling false history, insisting that Roman Empire fell with the city of Rome in 476). That makes it all the more interesting and mysterious!

And thanks for making a smaller regional map, so that people don't have to worry about politics and factions of the omitted areas. It's good to have the WRE with a solid frontier in the East (the edge of the map ) and no possibility of fratricidal battle with the Roman Empire in Constantinople! With a much more detailed regional localities and factions, it's also much more fun to try to save the city of Rome beyond 476 AD!

It was a bit disappointing that the original BI had only 3 provinces for North Africa, and 3 provinces for Gaul. That wasn't nearly enough to fully portray the regional complexities. So it's very good to have this mod.

In the future Total War (hopefully in this era), players should have the ability, before starting a campaign, of drawing a rectangle limiting where their campaign maps start and stop. So players would be able to play a campaign as regional or as wide as they like.

Another feature would be, players should be able to specify how detailed are the numbers of provinces. So a low-detail world would be like BI (ALEX is way too low). A medium detail would be like vanilla RTW. A high detail would be like the map of Europa Barbarorum.

So that if people are in the mood for a fast-paced campaign, they'd choose low-detailed world map.
    If people want a campaign with many provinces (like me), they'd choose high-detailed world map.

Thanks for remembering all the people who wanted notification when you do update on this mod!
    I seriously do think that most games should be done Linux-style, with gamers participating in design. And those who like the game would voluntarily give donation to the design team.
    And large gaming companies like EA and Ubisoft should be done away with. They have been flooding the stores with cheap and badly-made console games, the type that baboons and five-year-olds can play, but are intellectually debilitating for anyone above 12 or 14. The console games have extremely simple controls and low detail of user interface, because the console controllers only have so many buttons.

There is no beating of keyboard and mouse, and a computer! For good games, with nice details and depth of strategy.
    Thanks again, Boz!

Thanks a lot, this comments makes me very happy . I totally agree with you, consoles are clumsy and only good for combat games and similar, the depth and detail of some pc games is unbeatable.

I always liked a good quantity of regions, all england in two or three regions makes me ill. When I first played Rome Total Realism, I was delighted with the quantity of cities & regions. Also, I hate when rebels are the same in every region, and there is only the big factions.

If there wasn't a faction limit, the level of detail could be amazing. With Medieval it was increased, but I don't see many mods with more than 20 factions.

Congratz !

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

I got an error when unzipping the file:

"! C:\Ruins Of Glory v1.1.rar: CRC failed in rog\data\sprites\franks_western_peasant_sprite_001.tga.dds. The file is corrupt"

Has anyone else gotten this or is it just me?

Yes, this is a known error. It doesnt really affect the game, as the only change will be that you will not see the frankish peasants from the distance.

Hey, I probably messed up on my end somewhere, but when I click "New Campaign" it sais "Please Select An Item From The List." Any idea what this is about and how I can fix it?

Ull, I think this is because you don't have a correct, fresh installation of BI and the patch 1.6. Try to reinstall RTW, BI, and the patch and see if it works.

Yeah, you were right it works now. I really love this mod, just get a couple CTD's every now and then though but it wasn't that inconvenient (Until I got a corrupted save and autosave ). Definately one of my favorites.

Glad it worked. I also had a corrupted save, only thing you can do is save each 2-3 turns and turn back. Sometimes there is a persistent CTD, usually because of the fall of some city, at least in my game, in Corridorgis.

I keep getting an error message when I move the ROG and IBFD folders to my rome total war folder, at the very end tis says a file is corrupt, something like frankish peasents

It says, CRC FAILED in rog\data\sprites\franks_western_peasant_sprite_001

I got it to work, only thing now is that when i try to start a campaign it tells me I have to select an option from the list, in other words, its not recognizing me trying to start the campaign!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast