TIBERIVS SULPICIVS MARVELLINVS

QVAESTOR
    QVINTVS VOLERO POSTUMUS

PRO - MAGISTRATA

PRO-CONSVL OF THE EAST
    PVBLIVS CLAVDIVS DIVES

PRO-CONSVL OF THE WEST
    -
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; October 13, 2009 at 11:58 AM.

Default Re: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Romanus/ -

Geganius entered the Curia. Quickly, while the room got filled, he stood up and began to speak.

"Senators! It has come to my attention that our government has not enough career senators to fulfil all our needed offices. Therefore, I would propose that certain offices stopped to be part of the duties of the Senate, and became available for other citizens. I propose this:

I. That all the office of Tribune of the Plebs be devided in two. One Tribune, the Senatorial one, shall be a Senator of elegible age and class, and elected by the vote of the Plebian Senators.

II. That the second tribune, be instead elected from within the people of the Plebian Council, that is, not a man from Senatorial status.

III. This second Tribune shall have the right to enter Senatorial sessions, but will only speak trough the first Tribune.

I believe that with that law we will have one less office to worry about and a Tribune who will be more in touch with the needs of the mob.

ooc basically we will take out one of the tribunes, and replace him with an imaginary character, only for rp purposes.

Festinius walks in and sits himself across the floor from Geganius,
    He listens to him and then standing replies,

Geganius I understand your desire to get through things swiftly but should we not wait for the Consuls or the Pontifex?
    They are the ones who must bring the Senate to session after all.
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

You are right, Festinius, however I would like to ask that once that is done, we should address my proposition.

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

Cato, fairly tired of his journey, finally reappeared in the Curia. It had been a while since he had last stood in this position but the atmosphere of the place reignited his memories of the place as he slowly moved towards familiar ground and sat down. As he quietly listened to the other senators debating, he collected his thoughts.

Its been a while. He thought to himself, as he muttered this is rose from his seat.

Senators, I seem to have returned during a bad year for the senate. All I see is empty seats around me, and even one where a Consul should be seated. Tell me this is not true!
    However back to politics, Geganius is right. We must allow for further insight into the lives and troubles of our citizens.

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

Consul Romanus should be in Illyria, but as far as our Pontiff's work, or the Quaestor, or anything else at all, I have no clue! Where is the Pontiff? Has he forgotten about his holy duty with the Senate?

I, for one, agree with senator Geganius' proposal, but yes, we must wait for the Pontifex to arrive. Otherwise, the Gods may see going ahead as a loss of confidence in them.

OOC: Let's give Raglan one more day, and then go on if he's not here. Btw, does the main Tribune choose what the other one says?
    A blood-thirsty norse bastard, an opportunistic french-speaking norse bastard, or the King? I think by the laws of fealty there is only one option available.. - sirfiggin

Senators the lack of attendance by both Consul and Pontifex is troubling.
    I am considering calling a vote of no confidence in them both. What say the floor?
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

I think we should send someone to look for the Consul. He is currently in Illyria, and we have known very little on his current status. For all we know, he may even be dead and our troops defeated!

As for the Pontiff, we should look for him as well! Visit his home, if he is still gone, then we should certainly take him off the office.

I agree whole heartedly, what will become of the republic if we sit here idle!

Cato rose to speak, with a grim expression on his face he looked around the Curia shaking his head.

Senators! These are troubled times, only a couple of years back the Curia was full of noise and opinion, now it lies still while times still goes by. The city goes restless at our inactivity, we must act now!
    I realise that many senators are away from Rome, but it is up to us that our here to take control of this dire situation and repair it. We have lost many senators, even those who had been appointed to important offices.
    We, the remaining few must take action and control. I fear this may sound rash but I say we must reappoint all these offices now! Some people have failed in their duties to Rome, I will not name names for the shame is enough for them to bare.

By the gods! Why has Rome been abandoned by the chosen few to represent her? Why must she stop and falter as if she were a cart with a damaged wheel! I propose we find new leaders among those who remain loyal to the house for we must not let Rome be abandoned!