Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EsfEditor 1.4.5 (Updated Oct 24, 2009)

Default Re: EsfEditor 1.4.5 (Updated Oct 24, 2009)

Unfortunately this is normal for Napoleon startpos (editor was made for Empire). My advise use both editors the same time. Make a copy of your file, open the copy with 1.4.5 (or even better with 1.5 beta) side by side with 1.4.3 which will handle your actual startpos. In this way you can navigate quickly in the 1.4.5 (or 1.5 beta), spot the record you want and make a mark (e.g. count the position in list). Then you can find the record you want easier in 1.4.3 and make your changes. You can copy/paste entries from one editor to the other as well.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Is there another? 1.5 beta? 1.4.3? I can't find any of these. The closest I found was 1.4.4.

EDIT: 1.4.4 isn't working, and it is always CAMPAIGN_ENV that stops working.

EDIT 2: I don't think your idea will work husserl, as any change I do in the starpos.esf results in the plus mark next to the CAMPAIGN_ENV disappearing. And, for some reason, a little lock appears at the starpos icon. And I also get an error message when I open CAMPAIGN_ENV.

EDIT 3: Found the problem, there was something wrong with my files.
    Last edited by Jokern; September 12, 2011 at 09:06 AM.

Hi. Why Esf 1.4.5 can not change the victory conditions for fractions? If I enter a different name for the region changes persist but a new discovery startpos.esf get an error message (( The entire lower block (CAMPAIGN.ENV) destroyed. What the hell is going on?

It is normal for Napoleon. Use 1.4.3 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    It is normal for Napoleon. Use 1.4.3 instead.
    Thanks husserlTW. I will use 1.4.3 (hope I will find the necessary link). But all the other changes I did with 1.4.5 and had no problems

1.4.5 most of the times is confused reading camera manager which is under CAMPAIGN_ENV. So after some save CAMPAIGN_ENV is not accessible any more though it is actually there (check the size of file). You can find all versions available in my EsF Total Editor in menu File. Have in mind that though 1.4.3 is the fastest and stablest editor it has no labels make editing a headache.. Take a look here for tip: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post10279017

I downloaded the 1.4.3. Now everything is in order. EsF Total Editor maybe it's cool but I'm too lazy to learn again

Thanks for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    So the game sucks because you don't like moving around your screen. Yeah okay.

Funny G.I.F made by me.

I just want to change the beginning money amounts in Napoleon TW. Can I use this tool to do this without issue?

Yes you can.

Hi. I have a little problem - I am trying to modify a multiplayer savegame, I want to move my capital to another city...

Do you think it is possible to do so? Or are the .save_empire_multiplayer not supported by EsfEditor? Because when I try to load the campaign with the modified save, it keeps crashing... Should I modify the startpos too, so that it has the same values as the save?

PS: otherwise, is it possible to convert a .save_empire_multiplayer to .save and back?

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

does this still work?

Thank you for this! This is a great way of interfacing with Startpos. I've got a question about religion changes. I'm trying to change Sweden into a Catholic country for an interesting playthrough. I've changed the official religion of Sweden to Catholic and made all the members of the Swedish Royal family Catholic as well and changed all the "Protestant" labels for their original Protestant Missionary to Catholic, but I don't know how I would change the model of their missionary to Catholic. I suspect that is why I'm currently getting a CTD when I fire up the game. I've also found out that the Swedes still will build Protestant schools instead of Catholic ones in this case, and I'm not sure where I can find the building browser in the startpos, if at all. is it in one of the .pack folders?

Thank you for your assistance. This is a great tool for unique playthroughs.

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

its very handy and useful, but the editor somehow doesnt safe my changes!
    when i try to save it as the opened file it says "file is used by another process", but when i save it as a new startpos it simply doent safe my changes

EDIT: SOLVED
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; November 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM.

Laetus

Default Как вы думаете, это работает

Как вы думаете, это работает?

Icon5 Re: EsfEditor 1.4.5 (Updated Oct 24, 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    NEW FEATURES

• Enhanced Node Titles (1.4.4)
    • Enhanced Speed (1.4.5)
    • Posted Corrected NodesDescriptions.xml file (10/24)

BACKGROUND

I've finished a very modest update to the EsfEditor. My main achievement has been to make it easier to discern the node contents. You shouldn't feel so much like you're "flying blind."

Please be aware that I've never really done any programming before two months ago and my knowledge of C# (in which the editor's programmed) reflects that fact. By the time koras321 got finished with 1.4.3, the EsfEditor was a fairly sophisticated piece of software (for a newb like me, anyway ). In addition, I had to decompile the last build to get the most recent code, so I had no documentation. However, just's original source code and alpaca's excellent esf search utility (which while written in Python, shares the same basic algorithms with the EsfEditor) were well documented and proved quite helpful.

FUTURE PLANS
    There are many more features I'd like to include, but I'm not sure how much more time I have. At the very least, expect to see the current features expanded.

SUPPORT

I'll support what I can, but as I wrote above, I'm a novice. I understand generally how the code works, but I can only fix what I understand.

THANKS
    Many thanks to just, koras321, alpaca, and Paul Davey (aka "Mattahan"). The latter gentleman produced several thousand outstanding icons, all of which are open source. I've included one in the distro. I've also included a NodeDescription.xml recently posted by Lazy Knight, but I'm not sure if his additions are showing up.

STARTPOS Screenshot
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

REGIONS Screenshot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

REQUIREMENTS

.NET Framework 3.5

SOURCECODE
    This program is distributed freely as open source software. You may make any changes you like with or without permission.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/esfeditor/files/

I've tried version 1.4.4. and 1.4.5 of the .esf editor. In both, the third row down and 2nd row across contains a zero already? Yet your instructions are to change this field to "zero". Please explain in more detail.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Ive been using this esf editor for a little bit now and its fantastic but i did a java update and now it wont launch. It shows up in the taskbar but the window wont display.

Im using windows 7 64 bit version, java version is 7 and .net framework is 4.5. I tried uninstalling java and .net and reinstalling them but still no luck.

The previous versions of the editor work just not 1.4.5.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I have the same problem too. I fixed this temporarily by opening the program from inside the .rar package. It works ok for some reason.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

You need to maximize the window.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast