Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Laetus

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbanator View Post
    Hey when i try to click on the shortcut on the destop it says that it isnt valid win32 appliccation. Any answers?
    I have the same problem but I don't know how to fix it........

Try that .rar version please.

I have the freezing problem, which already occured to two gamers earlier. Playing the Normans, the game freezes in the second big battle at the Hastings beachhead. The two gamers received some answer in a thread which I cannot open due to my low status, or whatever. Does anyone have any idea how to stop the freezing?

If you can, fight the battle at a different location (the freeze is caused by reinforcements spawning on the battlefield on a side where there's water). Use the "move_character XYZ x, y" command, if it helps.

Can you post a screen of the campaign map around that area just before the battle, so I can see what tile we're talking about and where do armies stand?

Thanks a lot for a quick reply and help. It is true that the reinforcements arriving from Pevensey could have tried the old "walk like Jesus on the water trick", drowned and froze the game. I will give it a try with "move_character XYZ x, y". I will provide you with a sceenshoot later.

Just checking, the latest version for NI is 1.3, right?
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

One more question... is it ok to paly on duke/duke instead of the easier level (which is recommended)? I want a challenge, but I've experienced some mods (like Roma Serrectum) that on the supposedly harder levels, there's some bugs that actually make the level easier.

It's perfectly fine (bug-wise). Playing the Normans on Duke/Duke is quite a challenge, I think you'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    It's perfectly fine (bug-wise). Playing the Normans on Duke/Duke is quite a challenge, I think you'll find out.
    K, thanks. I've played Stainless Steel with RR/RC and BYG IV (Point Blank's mod) and survived, so I think this won't be as challenging.

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Roman View Post
    K, thanks. I've played Stainless Steel with RR/RC and BYG IV (Point Blank's mod) and survived, so I think this won't be as challenging.
    just try it. I helped with NI and when I played as Normans it was not easy...
    sorry my english.

is 1.3 the final version?
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery

We are considering a 1.4 with some fixes/changes, but this is a reeeally busy period for me and I don't know it will be done, so I can't promise anything atm.

Libertus
    Gwespyr, Sir y Fflint/ Aberystwyth, Ceredigion yng Gymru

Are Breton Troops incorporated into the Norman Army? roughly 1/4 of his Hastings force was Breton. Also, if I'm remembering correctly the Saxon's had Viking Mercenaries and word had spread also to the welsh of a Norman Invasion bigger than the saxons and welsh combines so men travelled down to the join the battle in fighting the greater of "two evils"

Ironic that fleeing britons come back as mercenary troops to threaten the lives of there long lost cousins the Welsh

Normans have access to Breton, Flemish and Frankish mercs in their homelands and they start with a significant number of said mercs in their invading armies, if that's what you're asking. The English also start with a small number of Viking mercs in their armies.

Aradan thanks for the upload to Filefront.I download it 2 times and i got a file an unknown file..!It says type of file-file.When i try to open it,it says"Open With"-"Choose the program you want to use to open these file".I can't open it.!Is there a way to open it i mean to run it.?Do u think the file maybe is corupt or something.?The size is 274MB.!??And i have Vista 32Bit.

The file downloads fine for me; it's supposed to be an .exe file, you just execute it... if you can't, try redownloading.

I just download it for 5 times and i got the same unknown file...!!I can't understand this and its very strange if u say that u download it and u get an installation exe and all works fine.Its to much to ask if u can upload a zip version on FileFrond or anywhere(Exept MegaUpload) so it might work for me.I will appreciate it if u can make a last effort...A Rar version i mean.
    Last edited by Basil the Second; August 07, 2010 at 10:47 AM.

Well it works to the point that i saw the NI loading screen but it CTD with a message.And ok the Rar files are all good.Now what i have done.I copy and paste the Data folder from the NI folder that i download it incide my Rome Total War\bi.Then i try the second step with the shorcut thing to ad the lines u said in the instructions for the rar version but i get the CTD.When u say the aforemention shortcut u mean the old BI exe.??And for some reason i can only run it with the bi exe incide the RTW folder.!With the shortut i see the RTWBI loading screen or the RTW screen.!I have put the lines with spaces u said in the shortcut but it did not work.So any help or some advises or a solution.?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast