Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Hey,
    I'm trying to play this mod on a Mac. I assume Mac's are not supported, but none the less it could be an non-Mac-related problem.

I manage to start the game and I get to the main-menu, but when I click on Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Options I always get a CTD. (It even crashes on Exit)
    I have the same problem with VI2

I tried clearing the preferences/"game-cache" (or what ever it's called) and reinstalling Rome, sadly with no results.

Did anyone else experience that problem or does anyone know that these mod cannot work with a Mac?
    Various other mods work or seem to work properly, but the two that look the most interesting don't

If anyone has an idea, that would be great, because I'd really like to play this mod

I'm having a game freeze that occurs when I click on the "Deploy troops" button at the start of a siege defence, forcing me to ctrl+alt+del to desktop. Can't remember if it's a known RTW thing, but thought I'd check to see if there was some way to avoid it (it's a quite rare occurrence).
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Does the battle occur on a coastal tile?

The settlement was Futerna, so yeah, it looks like it's right on the coast.

I was able to proceed by sallying out before the AI's turn, rather than wait for the assault. No problems since then.

I think it's because of the new geography.db. It forces the sea to go too far inland in coastal tiles, leaving no space for the deployment for the army that's on the beach's side, hence the crash.

Odd - but then shouldn't I also get a crash/freeze when sallying out, rather than only freezing when I defend an assault?

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open & see if something similar occurs in other coastal/inland regions.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Althought, it is not a technical issue only a cosmetic one I decided to post it here: as you can see in the attached screenshot, there is a black line over the shield of Scotish and Welsh armoured spearmen. This probelem is present only in NI while in VI2 these units looks alright.

Second issue is that the unit lighting starts to annoyingly shimmer when the unit is defending the bridge. I found out that the problem desappear when I turn the battle map shadows off but I decided to post it here as I have not seen this issue in any other mod except NI and VI2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bug.jpg  

Whenever I try to play it reaches NI loading screen and then ctd with error at data folder in descr_sm faction at line 208, column 1 and that horde_min_units are not supported.... What do I do?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Sounds like your shortcut or launcher is trying to run Rome rather than BI (horde units are not supported by the Rome exe). This should not happen if the instructions are followed correctly. Please let us know what you did in detail.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

daneus's Avatar Foederatus

Hi there, I just downloaded your mod with the folder version. I keep having a scripting error issue.

I have included a url link for the error below.

http://tinypic.com/r/2cpte28/8

Glad you got it working

daneus's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Glad you got it working
    Many thanks for your help.

After playing for 200(+-) turns during the time I installed on the 17th up to the 23rd, I have had an incredible experience with the mod.

It is fantastic and the music is brilliant as well.

One thing I did not like though is the use of scripting of town names. Some names of towns as well as characters would use the symbol Æ(otherwise known as ash), which when you try to type in, it will not work. Is this an issue from the vanilla game or is this an issue of the mod?

In some cities, I would be trying to build them up but it would build up so slowly that I would get riots every 8th turn and had to reconquer my cities many times. I tried to do a little scripting of the process_cq to make certain building pass through more quickly that way the population would not be stalled but it wouldn't work with cities named with the Æ symbols in them.

With only one other issue being the resolution lock to around 1076x860 or around there. I couldn't get it to my laptop resolution of 1366x768, which most other games do allow. Besides those two issues, the mod works fantastically.

- Dan

Thanks for the kind words. There should be no resolution lock... you can check the preferences.txt and adjust it directly maybe?

Well, we didn't expect players to use the process_cq ...

Were you playing as a Norse faction or as Normans? Those factions, especially the Norse, are expected to be quite harsh (enslave/put to the sword) and should not expect to take settlements without a lot of unrest.

If I install this mod on Steam-RTW, is it still mod-foldered? Also, is there any guide for how to specifically install the mod on Steam-RTW?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567