Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

@kdab

It's about micro-management, you can have a general that travels from town to town and changes tax/queues buildings etc.

If you really want, you can remove LA script by deleting everything from line including text "Germanicu5 Combined Assimilation and Limited Activities Script 1.04" to "wait monitors" command (don't delete this line, just text what's above) and replacing it with contents of "Assimilation Script 1.1.txt" available in 1st post.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Foederatus

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    @kdab

It's about micro-management, you can have a general that travels from town to town and changes tax/queues buildings etc.

If you really want, you can remove LA script by deleting everything from line including text "Germanicu5 Combined Assimilation and Limited Activities Script 1.04" to "wait monitors" command (don't delete this line, just text what's above) and replacing it with contents of "Assimilation Script 1.1.txt" available in 1st post.

Regards
    I'm not that great with micro yet... So I'm trying to ease myself in first. Though I can see how it works since buildings do take a few turns to build.

But yeah that's what I need for now. Thanks!

@kdab

I forgot to add the file you need to edit is relevant campaign script (called either campaign_script.txt or custom_script.txt). But I see you figured it out. I hope this info helps others though.

Regards

Will you be making a looting mod for SS RC/RR as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Chees3 View Post
    Will you be making a looting mod for SS RC/RR as well?
    Ready, will add BGR version within a few hours. Details in 1st post.

Regards

Default Re: Looting Mod 1.02 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Additional 2 versions of Looting Mod released.

Regards

Default Re: Looting Mod 1.02 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Germanicu5, I just recently found that the Looting mod activates for naval battles, as well,
    as they are always auto-resolved.

Is that intentional? I could see marines looting an enemy ship after a major naval battle...

@Silver Legionary

It was intentional for beta realease, although looting screen doesn't really match it indeed. I'll probably disable looting for naval battles when I have some time - I could extend the script, but I'd prefer to keep it as compact as possible.

Regards

Ok, whatever makes the script faster.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I kinda like the idea of only being able to choose recruitment and building at settlements where there is a governor/general, otherwise control of the settlement has to be left to the AI. You still get to choose Financial policy, Military build policy etc, but the specific options for the player to choose buildings to build and units to recruit are disabled with no governor present. Is that possible? I use it as a house rule and it works very well.
    PDER had a simple script that prevented construction in the absence of a governor.

Campaign Script:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionIsLocal
    set_event_counter governor_present 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementSelected GovernorInResidence
    and FactionIsLocal
    set_event_counter governor_present 1
    end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementSelected not GovernorInResidence
    and FactionIsLocal
    set_event_counter governor_present 0
    end_monitor

export_descr_buildings:
    town_hall requires factions { greek, } and building_present_min_level barracks_byzantium auxilia_phase1 and event_counter governor_present 1

Similarly, recruitment can also be restricted.

export_descr_buildings:
    recruit_pool "Greek Bodyguard" 1 0.05 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter governor_present 1

Expectedly, the present event counter can be buggy. Because 'selecting' triggers the event, governor-less settlements have complete control over construction until, essentially, the construction window refreshes (usually by choosing a building to construct, then canceling its construction). Limiting recruitment has the additional side effect of depleting the recruitment pools for the said unit.

Some experimentation is obviously required, but I think there's plenty of room to "throw logs" here, if you're into that sorta thing
    Last edited by Pnutmaster; December 02, 2009 at 10:27 PM.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

@Pnutmaster

I'll be working on moving some code to EDB when possible, I've already done that for economy script not featured in this thread.

It won't work so well with limiting building activities or recruitment though (one reason is that recruitment/building needs to be enabled mid-turn sometimes and the other reason is possible interference with recruitment, as you mentioned). I'll do some tests with similiar solutions when I have some time. Thx for input.

Regards

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Found a small flaw in the Assimilation script that you might want to look at. First found it playing Mongols, confirmed it as France, that when you capture two cities in the same turn you can build/recruit troops in the first city captured. (After capturing the second city.) Haven't checked it on a turn with 3 or more cities being conquered but I suspect that only the last city captured will be affected(restricted).
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Cool, I'll have a look at the code and see how I can eliminate it.

Regards

Default Re: Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Spoils of War Mod is available (renamed version of Looting Mod). RR/RC installation needs to be done manually due to siege_settlement command issues. It'll change as soon as the next RR/RC is released.

Regards

Domesticus
    Artifex

Default Re: Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Mr. Germanicu5, it sounds good that you'll receive some money after a victory. (Or did I understand wrong and it's only in cases of auto-resolve?)
    +rep despite I decide not to use it (I'm not very eager to download this kind of mods, though nice work)
    Any opinions?
    Yes.

Seriously, those changes/things you mentioned sound pretty good.

SS+Gracul's RC4 link corrected.

@Da Goofy

Yea, players will receive some money while AI gets a temporary boost to king's purse and it's based on a random chance, so it doesn't always happen.

Regards

Firstly, great thanks for all 2009 Modding Awards votes I got, I feel as honoured as it gets.

I don't want to "steal" space in other threads, so I'm moving my announcement here (reposted with some adjustments).

I've been working on Achievement Mod lately (among about 3 other things), it'll include earning points counting towards an achievement and unlocking higher tiers of prizes, if some of them are accumulated by one king, the reward will get better (occasional free units in capitals, some cool traits etc). I expect to release SS version as well, but I need to find some rpg-reality balance first.

I'll also need to rewrite victory conditions (so yes, slaying a "dragon" is possible, it'd be spawned next to your original capital - probably mumakil-like creature would do the trick ) to connect them to these events. Generally it's alot of work, but fully doable.

If you have any particular achievement types/rewards/unit types/traits given as reward on your mind, please post feedback - faction-specific if possible - it'll be much appreciated and will contribute to better gameplay, which we all seek.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; February 22, 2010 at 05:03 AM.

Congrats on the award G5, you really earned it cause your work is always much appreciated!

Agreed

Now get onto that CAI!

@PB (~copy-pasted from rpg thread)

I need to apply reworked sally-outs code, then I need to alter a few settings in .xml files, apply new vicory conditions, do some research on achievement mod (like which bloody TATW units should act as prize for factions or how to name some traits, so that they sound "lore-ish"), correct economy mod and I can focus on CAI. And ofc I need to post the scripting solution that caught CC's curiosity.
    Sounds worse than it actually is... and I should probably change deployment for smaller settlements as well... hmm.

Regards

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast