Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.02 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Will that Limited Activities script work in both early and late era?

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.02 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

This is a "lazy user" version . It contains code for Corinth/Mystras and Palanga/Konigsberg. You can delete appropriate entries if you want to make it more compact.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

OK thanks, edited it and will be in next hotfix, Limited Activities for BGR players only at this point I think.

Combined Assimilation and Limited Activities Script uploaded, includes some code optimisations.

Regards

@G5
    great scripts!!!

I just have some doubts with the limited activities script. I can see the idea behind it but it is a bit frustrating not beeing able to decently manage your settlements, specially when having big empires. To overcome this, I think the best way would be the possibility to "recruit" (or buy) generals, like in ETW (I've always thought it was a M2TW flaw)! Is this possible?
    And just one question, you say that "If there's no governor in a settlement during a turn a player can't perform such activities as building/recruitment/repairing/retraining/tax rate change" but what happens to the bulding queue if the governor leaves the settlement?

Thx.
    Whatever you put in a queue stays there when general leaves a settlement. If generals would be recruitable there'd be no point in this script, it'd just influence the fact you'd have to spend some money on training a general every now and then.
    Maybe family members spawning could be increased a bit... maybe.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Thx.
    Whatever you put in a queue stays there when general leaves a settlement. If generals would be recruitable there'd be no point in this script, it'd just influence the fact you'd have to spend some money on training a general every now and then.
    Maybe family members spawning could be increased a bit... maybe.

Regards
    Well, for historical reasons, I think it would make sense to recruit generals....
    On the other hand, if they are expensive (I would say between 5000 and 10000 florins) the player would have to think twice before spending so much money on a low level general just to stay managing a settlement.
    On the other hand yes, maybe increasing family members spawning or captain promotions chance (after winning battle).

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Updated LA and ALA scripts are ready, possibilities of bypassing limitations were eliminated.

Regards

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Just so its extra clear, if I just paste those into the early or late campaign, and the script references non-existent settlements, that won't cause a crash?

Nope, that won't cause a crash at all... which is pretty surprising, I'd expect it to ctd under such circumstances. Instead it's easier to apply and additional delay is approx 0.5s compared to a script without these entries.

Regards

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

ooops
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; October 21, 2009 at 02:57 AM.

@Rozanov

Wrong thread

That's a bit idealistic approach, we need to work on something that can be realistically applied and executed without too many negative side-effects. AI can't be allowed to plant stakes during deployment phase only until I stop it from readjusting position after battle start.

I could make stakes region-based, that's pretty easy actually, but would consume some additional cpu power.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 20, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Nope, that won't cause a crash at all... which is pretty surprising, I'd expect it to ctd under such circumstances. Instead it's easier to apply and additional delay is approx 0.5s compared to a script without these entries.

Regards
    OK the combined Limited/Assimilation script download in first post (the last of the 3 downloads) is latest version, and I can use that for BYG campaign scripts. Is the Assimilation script only (the first download in the list of 3) also the latest, so I can use that just with non-BGR campaign scripts?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Germanicu5,
    Let's assume one of my cities, is taken by an AI faction, then I retake it back, but they held it for say a couple of turns, what is the position in regards to unrest and recruitment?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

@PB
    Sec, I'll update scripts according to NJ's suggestion. Yes, they were all the latest ones. I think I'll start adding dates to them.

@Navajo Joe
    Recruitment will be on hold during the turn when you capture a settlement each time, turmoil(unrest) will be cumulating, but it won't exceed 80%, it'll just last longer - which is pretty realistic. Afaik AI will ignore "building off" commands, but I'll update the script to avoid any possible issues.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 21, 2009 at 04:45 AM.

@PB

Ok, I reassessed the need to alter the code, it's fine as it is now. Each of downloads supplied is up to date.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 21, 2009 at 05:46 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Playing as Milan (Genoa & Pisa) in Imperial Campaign, BGR IV, latest RR/RC installment. Having an issue with unrest in Pisa. At game start Pisa has 30-35% Unrest, the Governor has 5 Piety and no traits that increase Unrest, 2 units in garrison (extra units do not seem decrease Unrest), Religion is at 87%, and tax rate is Normal, which makes Pisa in the blue at 80%. The turn is changed and Pisa revolts at the start of turn 2.

Also, I had issues in conquering Palma as Genoa. A 3/4 stack, mostly Urban Militia, conquered the settlement with a +2 Command +2 Chivalry +6 Piety General, but could not hold the city (Palma had a population around 1800-2000) even with tax rate turned to low.

What I'm getting at is perhaps the Assimilation script is a bit too strict and restrictive? I can understand the high unrest and issues above if it was a Christian faction taking an Islamic settlement, and vice-versa, and some Unrest when taking settlements of like religion, but i feel as though the Assimilation script may be tossing out too much unrest, making capturing settlements a lot more difficult than they need be. And when playing with BGR IV, makes it near impossible, as factions can not pump out full stacks just to hold onto settlements they conquer.

Just my 2 cents.

Assimilation script isn't responsible for turmoil in settlements you already owned and it decreases @10% per turn with max 25% added if settlement's religion is >60% of your own. Turmoil is never bigger than 80% anyway and with Assimilation script alone it's pretty easy to control large population. I'm actually intending to increase it, as it's only a temporary effect.

Byt Byg added loads of potential turmoil generators to descr_settlement_mechanics.xml recently, which are: lower tax bonus decreased by 50%, entertainment influence lowered by 50%, turmoil increased by 50%, no governor penalty increased by 50% and garrison influence lowered by 66%.

I think it's too radical, it also influences AI and it may have really unforseen consequences (I think AI may have problems maintaining any cities), but I remember it's more of a test version, if you report it to him, I'm sure he'll readjust these settings. I was wondering if such changes wouldn't push AI to keep larger garrisons, but it was deemed very unlikely.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 30, 2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: corrected data

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Thanks Germanicu5. I didn't know that BGR had been updated as well; I thought the issue was because of the inclusion of the asimilation script. I will post there. Again, thanks.

Foederatus

Is there an option to remove the Limited Activities script for RR/RC BGRIV? I'm planning on finally trying BGRIV and don't want to really frustrate myself by having the AI decide which buildings to build...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast