Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

This is a new thread in which I'll offer modifications intended to enhance gameplay, which affect campaign map more than battle.

Currently available Spoils of War Mod, Assimilation Script , Limited Activities Script and Combined A+LA script

Assimilation Script
    Download: Here
    Details:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Application: Copy-paste to the bottom of campaign script file (just above wait_monitors command) or to the bottom of G5Script.txt (above wait_monitors as well) if you run stakes/reinforcements running via advisor button.

Compatibility: Any mod that uses the same strat map names as SS 6.1+ (that includes 6.2 RC4 and RR/RC).

The idea: Apart from the use of code that brings 0 search results on twc ...
    I intended to create a more challenging process of conquering provinces, so now upon capture of a settlement there'll be anything between 10-25% additional turmoil (to reflect the actual resistance people would make during first turns), followed by lower default religious conversion. That'll mean a garrison will need to stay a while longer and the populace won't find the switch so appealing.

The fun part is that I can add individual religion conversion rates for all settlements on the map, which gives us an opportunity to reflect how (non)conservative a certain populace is.

The last feature is that a player can't build/repair/retrain anything in a settlement during 1st turn after conquering it - which reflects the actual time to establish new administration in a conquered province.

Conversion rates lowered/turmoil added for original capitals, conversion rates almost nullified for great religious centres. Lithuania and TO territories have lower conversion rates too.

Limited Activities Script Download: Here
    Details:
    Application: Copy-paste to the bottom of campaign script file (just above wait_monitors command) or to the bottom of G5Script.txt (above wait_monitors as well) if you run stakes/reinforcements running via advisor button.

Compatibility: Any mod that uses the same strat map names as SS 6.1+ (that includes 6.2 RC4 and RR/RC).
    The idea: It was requested by PB as reflection of "house rules" he plays with. If there's no governor in a settlement during a turn a player can't perform such activities as building/recruitment/repairing/retraining/tax rate change. The only option left is auto-management.
    Important: If a governor reaches a settlement during player's turn, you can enable building etc. by pressing building advice button.

Combined ALA script Download: Here
    I hope you enjoy using them.

Spoils of War Mod for RR/RC*Oct30 NO BGR Download: Here and here**
    Spoils of War Mod for RR/RC*Oct30 BGR Download: Here and here**
    ** Due to siege_settlement command issues you need to install files from 1st link and then manually copy-paste contents of 2nd txt file to your campaign script (called either campaign_script.txt or custom_script.txt), if you have previous versions of Looting mod, you need to find "looting mod" string first and delete everything below it up to "wait monitors" line (don't delete the line though).
    Spoils of War Mod for SS+RC4* Download: Here
    *apply each time after installing ReallyBadAI
    Details:
    Application: Extract contents to your main SS directory(default: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\).

Compatibility: Future releases will cover vanilla SS as well.
    The idea: It came from PSIHOPAT, the game was missing some additional factors reflecting the fact that usually looting enemies/battlefield was an important part of a victory.

Features:
    - randomly adds small amount of money for autoresolve battles based on type of victory
    - additional chances of getting more loot when not autoresolving them - based on enemy army's size and victory type
    - AI gets bonuses as well, in case it defeats player's army in battle it gets a substantial reward - a temporary bonus to king's purse, which makes it spend money on infrastructure rather than on units
    - corrected extermination bonus when conquering settlements
    - notification in case of gaining additional loot and information on enemy's proceedings after non-autoresolve battle
    - protects against king's purse "overflow"
    - extermination corrections need manual editing, go to descr_campaign_db.xml, find this line: <exterminate_money_modifier float="0.4"/> , change value to 1.5 - this'll correct the ever-existing discrepancy of extermination producing less income than sacking.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; February 15, 2010 at 11:20 AM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Reserved

Awesome Looks very interesting, this sort of stuff just what is needed.
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 12, 2009 at 06:02 AM.

At least better than my yesterday's idea to enable destruction/adding negative bonuses to temples which are actually destroyed anyway , I'll blame it on the fact I installed RTW again - I still haven't given up on elephants' siege bahaviour.

Regards

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

G5 - does the script only affect the human player or the AI as well?

had a quick look and can't see anything human / ai specific?

I kinda like the idea of only being able to choose recruitment and building at settlements where there is a governor/general, otherwise control of the settlement has to be left to the AI. You still get to choose Financial policy, Military build policy etc, but the specific options for the player to choose buildings to build and units to recruit are disabled with no governor present. Is that possible? I use it as a house rule and it works very well.

@Rozanov

It's a pure "throwing logs* under players' feet" script, as they say in my country . Affects player only, whenever AI recaptures a region, the conversion rate goes back to defult 2%.
    *logs = cut down trees, not some binary code

@PB
    Ye, that's fully implementable I guess, I'd need to research filter commands more, but they're pretty easy to find.

I updated the script to eliminate code that wasn't necessary.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 12, 2009 at 07:34 AM.

@PB
    Ok, it works, although not quite as I suspected. It turns all possible settlement commands off and leaves auto-management options only when there's no governor in a city. It'll be ready in ~1 hour.

Regards

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.02 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Sounds good

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

thanx for clarification.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Sounds very interesting mate. It makes it feel like Rome:Total Realism that slowed down settlement development after you captured it.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Great stuff!

I promised a script for PB, it was nearly ready, but I decided to enhance it, which caused some issues. The plan is to change the possibility of recruiting/constructing anything in a settlement each time a governor enters/leaves a city - sounds easy, but apparently isn't directly applicable.

@PB
    Since I get the benefit of my posts being visible in this thread I suggest adding "SiegeEngineering 60" bonus to "ai_boost" trait again, this should effectively increase the number of siege equipment AI constructs and/or lowers siege time.

@CC
    Hmm.. ehh... good times... actually that's an idea, I don't know how it was applicated, but I imagine it was done via some hidden resources and negative growth bonuses, which is quite doable and works better than scripts.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 12, 2009 at 04:33 PM.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

They did it through administration "buildings" that you constructed to reflect the increasing acceptance of the new culture. They weren't really buildings, but more a marker of local feelings. At the first level you couldn't recruit any units. At the second you could build some limited local units. It was only at the third (or was it the fourth ) that you could start to recruit your own units.

Quick idea/question: Can you set it so that the population is more or less accepting of certain factions than others? For example if Novgorod captures Kiev, the Kievans wouldn't mind as much (seeing as they're both Rus) than if say the Mongols captured it?
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; October 12, 2009 at 04:34 PM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Heh, I'll just quote myself first
    (some good ideas for start plz, I know the code can be massively extended, but I want to use the current code for now)
    I'm planning to add religion factor, not sure if cultural factor wouldn't cause the script to grow beyond imagination and reason.

I'll give a directly applicable idea myself : how about I add higher turmoil/lower conversion rate values to traditional capitals of each nation or traditional religious centres?

Regards

Good idea.

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.02 / Limited Activities Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

New script is available, details in 1st post.

Any suggestions on values of settlement conversion rates? I can handle Europe, I could use some feedback on Asia/Africa in terms of religious centres/conservative regions.

Rearguards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM.

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.02 / Limited Activities Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Mecca is an obvious choice for a city with a low religious conversion/high turmoil for a christian faction. But outside the Crusader states I don't see a christian faction(human played) reaching it until near total map conquest.

Most provinces (except Antioch) held by the Crusader States at the start of the early campaign should have slow conversion rates. In real life the Crusaders didn't mingle with the original christian/muslim inhabitants of the territories they conquered. After 100 years of rule, the transplants from Europe never made up more than 25% of the population. Antioch was mostly christian so it could convert faster.

Religious conversions in real life rarely occurred as fast as in game so anything you can do here would improve gameplay.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Let me know when you are happy with where the Assimilation Script is at, I'll put it in all SS RR/RC campaigns

Once I finally finish garrison script, and with your new script, expansion should become more challenging.

@PB
    Will do, I need to think about adding some features, now that it can be automated, I've found two great tools by GrnEyedDvl, worth all +rep I can imagine -Replicator and Syntax highlighter . Now I don't need to write my own generator.

The plan for today is reduced religious conversion rates for initial: capitals, TO lands, Lithuania, crusader kingdoms' continental lands I'll think about Antioch).
    I'm thinking about including N Africa or some other lands, but I need to keep a bit of balance.

Non-existant conversion rates: Jerusalem, Mecca/Medina, Rome, Constantinople, maybe Moscow (but only for 1450 campaign imo and only after Byz is destroyed), Baghdad/Kerbela (shia muslims holy place).

Any opinions?

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast