Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Novgorod and Sweden sub-mod

Default Re: Novgorod and Apache sub-mod (Novgorod works in custom battles now)

h so you learnt to redo SD files then so you could add the symbols in or are these new factions going to use the same symbols as other factions??

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

What do you mean by SD? Do you mean their banners in the Campaign and on the battle map? If so, they are going to be using their own symbols. It's just I don't know how to fix that little symbol that appears in the unit description box when you scroll over the unit in battle.

Great work Holy Pilgrim! I did try to download your mod though and was unable to. The download is too big for me and I needed to be a premium member on MegaUpload which I am not. May I suggest that you split the installer into 2 parts and upload them both if you want more peeps to enjoy your work.

What do you mean by SD? Do you mean their banners in the Campaign and on the battle map? If so, they are going to be using their own symbols. It's just I don't know how to fix that little symbol that appears in the unit description box when you scroll over the unit in battle.
    Yup, this is exactly what SF was talking about mate when he asked about the SD files. The problem here is that you haven't added the small factions symbols for Novgorod and the Apaches. And there are no more slots left. So that means you will have to add 2 new factions slots to the interface and then learn how to make new shared and strategy SD files.

Dave

Citizen

You don't have to be a premium member to download. Just copy the little code in the box in the top right corner. I will try to make the download smaller though. If there are any other file hosting sites you want me to upload this to, tell me.

So that means you will have to add 2 new factions slots to the interface and then learn how to make new shared and strategy SD files.
    I'll see if I can find a tutorial on that.

Edit: Aww crap! I see what you mean by not being able to download it. I'll get that fixed soon.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; October 17, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

Np mate, just keep up the good work!

And here is that link you requested earlier.

Dave

Citizen

Where do you get the faction symbols from? I want the ones from the Teutonic campaign for Novgorod.

Citizen

Beta 0.1 Download fixed. Please download and tell me what you think.

Nice job on adding everything. Not sure if it's just my install but the imperial campaign bombs out while loading.

Citizen

Hmm... I'll have to see if my campaign works. I haven't tested the campaign yet on this mod. I'll see what happens.

Citizen

Fixed first post:

Campaign does not work as of yet for some reason.

I narrowed the crash for the campaign down to the descr_model_strat.txt file. I'll continue to look.

Citizen

Yeah, I'm going to get Novgorod in the campaign as soon as possible. Right now, I'm very busy with school work (3 AP classes and 4 honors).

So Pilgrim...you're telling me that using your sub mod will not only add the Apaches and Novgorod, but that the Timurid invasion event will still occur?

Citizen

I'm pretty sure the Timurid Invasion will still occur but I'm not promising anything. Hopefully it will.

Citizen

Default Re: Novgorod and Sweden sub-mod

Updated first post:
    Now includes a features list and I have decided not to add the Apaches but, instead, Sweden (they were the founders of Kievan Rus by the way).

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Personally think there was already enough going on in the Balkans and that the Apaches and perhaps another faction in Germany or France would add more to the campaign - but hey, your sub-mod it is indeed.

Citizen

By Balkans do you mean Baltics (Lithuania, Teutonic Order, Novgorod etc)? I might add Apachean units as Mercinaries and add Mayan units to South America (to seem like they're Incans) just to give the rebels some diversity in the Americas. I also make make the Rebels more accurate and have realistic garrisons.

Ah, yes - I knew something about the word didn't look right. Baltics indeed - but nonetheless, you my friend may have just inspired me to create my own sub-mod for my own tastes, as it would be very rude of me to dictate what your sub-mod is to be.

Citizen

Ah, no problem! I didn't take any oofence to that so don't feel bad. May I ask what your sub-mod is about (I won't copy it, I swear)?

I'll be sure to let you know when I actually figure that out. I've no modding experience so I'll be reading tutorials for a while before it comes to be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast