Thread: CTD between turns

Default CTD between turns

I am playing the Romans and I keep getting a CTD in the 260s on the Greek AI turn. I tried doing the AI character follow/skip fix and it was a no go. When I had a similar problem in RTR all I had to do was delete the map.wmv but it is nowhere to be found with this mod. Does anybody have some insight? Thanks.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: CTD between turns

I promise you, the map.rwm is in there. Just run the campaign map batch file in the ExRM directory and that'll nuke it.

If that doesn't work, here's my recommendation:
    1) Turn on perfect spy. (It's currently commented out in your 4tpy script file, so just delete the semicolon at the start of the line.)
    2) Find a settlement that appears to be revolting.
    3) Use force diplomacy to take it from the AI.
    4) Fix it up and give it back.
    5) That should work.

(Idea taken from this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=302079 )
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Default Re: CTD between turns

Quote Originally Posted by WTanner View Post
    I am playing the Romans and I keep getting a CTD in the 260s on the Greek AI turn. I tried doing the AI character follow/skip fix and it was a no go. When I had a similar problem in RTR all I had to do was delete the map.wmv but it is nowhere to be found with this mod. Does anybody have some insight? Thanks.
    What Quinn posted. I had the same problem i think. Pannonian suggested the follow AI movement trick and i managed to get past the CTD.