Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: DWARF FACTION icon REMAKE...

Default Re: Dwarf Faction Remake...

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    I might just use the arch, hammer and star, and erase all smaller details...
    Hammer and star? all you need is a sickle and then you would have soviet dwarves.

It does look nice though.

Ceasar Gubius's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Dwarf Faction Remake...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
    Hammer and star? all you need is a sickle and then you would have soviet dwarves.

It does look nice though.
    , Da Comrade Longbeard!
    RTR RULES!!!!

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: UPDATE: DWARF FACTION REMAKE...

UPDATE:

How is this guys? (STILL NOT NEAT LAYOUT) :

Evan

Not too shabby I'd say. Have you tried reducing it to icon size to see how it looks?

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks great!

I need some suggestions on what to put in place of the Cyan/Blue background because I agree that it doesn't fit the dwarves well. Any ideas? I find that white is too blinding and grey is to similar to the color of the hammer and stars.

needs less / tighter glow on the stars for sure.

In that day Tulkas shall strive with Morgoth, and on his right hand shall be Eönwë, and on his left Túrin Turambar, son of Húrin, coming from the halls of Mandos; and the black sword of Túrin shall deal unto Morgoth his death and final end; and so shall the children of Húrin and all Men be avenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar87 View Post
    needs less / tighter glow on the stars for sure.
    Well, if you minimize the image to around the size it should be the glow around the stars makes them visible unlike without the glow.

Brego's Avatar Ordinarius

You should also post the resized version of the icon so we could see how it looks like in the right size, since we can't really judge the picture that much when we only see the big version of it. And maybe also change the name of the thread to "Dwarf faction icon remake" or something, since the name you use now is very misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    I need some suggestions on what to put in place of the Cyan/Blue background because I agree that it doesn't fit the dwarves well. Any ideas? I find that white is too blinding and grey is to similar to the color of the hammer and stars.
    Have you tried making the mountains some kind of silver color and the sky dark blue? you would have to change the hammer color though...
    Just an idea

Icon10 Re: UPDATE: DWARF FACTION REMAKE...

Quote Originally Posted by Brego View Post
    You should also post the resized version of the icon so we could see how it looks like in the right size, since we can't really judge the picture that much when we only see the big version of it. And maybe also change the name of the thread to "Dwarf faction icon remake" or something, since the name you use now is very misleading
    Oh no, this isn't just the icon remake. I'm starting with this and then moving onto the rest of the faction...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
    Have you tried making the mountains some kind of silver color and the sky dark blue? you would have to change the hammer color though...
    Just an idea
    I'll have a go, thanks for the suggestions.

I was thinking something like this shade of blue, but i guess it might be overused in the game so far, with Dale and the High Elves.

In that day Tulkas shall strive with Morgoth, and on his right hand shall be Eönwë, and on his left Túrin Turambar, son of Húrin, coming from the halls of Mandos; and the black sword of Túrin shall deal unto Morgoth his death and final end; and so shall the children of Húrin and all Men be avenged.

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

Change the thread title, seriously...
    Oh, I got this coughing... *couMODS!* *couMODS!*
    Last edited by OfficerJohn; October 17, 2009 at 11:53 AM.

It's a bit cartoony but still nice .
    The signature is being constructed

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
    It's a bit cartoony but still nice .
    Just threw together a concept because i am better at talking with pictures than with words. No intent to hijack the thread or upstage Evan or anything.

Just threw together a concept because i am better at talking with pictures than with words. No intent to hijack the thread or upstage Evan or anything.
    Well, obviously you are ...

Nice picture, a bit cartoony, maybe if you blended the the colors togther you might have something...

Evan

well would you like me to make it a finished thing and use that as the dwarf icon instead? I just did it as a way to propose a color scheme for you to use.

It might just be more appropriate for a moria dwarf faction, since I used the 3 peaks over Moria and the crown on the movie version of the doors of Durin as inspiration
    Last edited by Turambar87; October 17, 2009 at 01:55 PM.

Icon10 Re: UPDATE: DWARF FACTION REMAKE...

well would you like me to make it a finished thing and use that as the dwarf icon instead? I just did it as a way to propose a color scheme for you to use.
    I'm ok with some competition, you develop yours and I'll work on mine. Then we submit both to King Kong.

Evan

nah, i never intended to compete. feel free to use any of the ideas, i just made that as a sort of visual comment/suggestion. I have enough stuff to do (and attempt to get into the official version) with my unit overhaul mod as it is.

I'm not trying to rob you. I'm trying to help you.
    Last edited by Turambar87; October 17, 2009 at 02:00 PM.

nah, i never intended to compete. feel free to use any of the ideas, i just made that as a sort of visual comment/suggestion. I have enough stuff to do (and attempt to get into the official version) with my unit overhaul mod as it is.

I'm not trying to rob you. I'm trying to help you.
    Ok then, I'll use the advice and the drawing but when I sumbit to King Kong I will mention your name as well as mine.

Thanks,

Evan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast