View Poll Results: What type of mod do you desire most? Select all that apply.

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mega Compliation for Native (Focuing on gameplay and content rather than story, balance)

59 27.57%
  • A Native Expansion Compliation (Focusing on expanded native story driven content with balance)

47 21.96%
  • A Historical Conversion (Changing the native world to one of a particular era in history)

135 63.08%
  • A Historically based Mythical Conversion (Set in an historical era with elements of the fantastical)

42 19.63%
  • A Purely Mytholocial Conversion (Inspired by historical cultures, set amid the realms of the mythology)

46 21.50%
  • Other please (Please describe)

9 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Member Survey] Your desired mod(s)

Default Re: Member Survey: Your desired mod(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    seem to be leaning toward historical based mythical and total mythical conversion one minute, next minute im thinking native expansion compilation

I hear ya, it's a tough decision adding to native is farily easy, but creating history can be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    I like the "Age of Mythology" idea, but what about a medieval south Asia thing, a la Broken Crescent? The map could span from Persia to India (omitting the Near East, since Crusades mods deal with that, and it would lower the work load of the modders). I think that would be aces. I don't think I've seen a single mod featuring India, let alone medieval Persia, Afghanistan, etc. Some of the nations in those areas had AMAZINGLY beautiful arms and armors, and it would make a stunning mod visually, as well as being a completely new area/era of history.

Well then I would say your wish just might be coming true I've joined team over at taleworlds, we are voting on a name for it now, feel free to comment and vote: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...c,79737.0.html

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

I chose the first three, but the third option(fully historical) is my first preference
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

i want a Lord of The Rings mod dammit

Last days is coming... when I don't know...

2010 for sure. I think they said they are hoping for around May, but everyone knows how they are. Very secretive. There is always Arnor, if you are looking for any LotR mod.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

I prefer mods that keep the Native setting but expand/enhance/improve it

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

I'd like to see a mod that expands your choice of equipment greatly- and tries to encompass as many different cultural themes as possible.

got to thinking is there any mods with new idle poses? what's the mod called that allows you to inspect your troops? i think that should be expanded into a training ground to practice troop maneuvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    got to thinking is there any mods with new idle poses? what's the mod called that allows you to inspect your troops? i think that should be expanded into a training ground to practice troop maneuvers.
    You mean, just walking around on a field where your troops are? I could very easily add an option in the camp menu that allows you to manually train your troops.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Well in BoW you could inspect your troops as one of the options next to camping on the campaign map. You would be taken to the battle map and your troops would be lined up like they are at the start of battle. But I'd like to see it taken a step further so that you could actually run them through practice drills, I think it would be helpful to new players as well as to those of us using the formations mods which to me are a little tough trying to learn while being attacked.

3, i want an ''europa barbarorum'' mod for mount & blade
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Well in BoW you could inspect your troops as one of the options next to camping on the campaign map. You would be taken to the battle map and your troops would be lined up like they are at the start of battle. But I'd like to see it taken a step further so that you could actually run them through practice drills, I think it would be helpful to new players as well as to those of us using the formations mods which to me are a little tough trying to learn while being attacked.
    Ahh yes. The first feature is already in IG, the second could be implemented easily as well.

Very cool then!

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Historical conversion. Sengoku Jidai era, Japan. If i see that, i can die a happy man.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

The main goal of the game is to become emperor of Europe. However, you are free to do whatever you wish. There is no set time limit whatsoever. There are two ways to eventually accomplish the goal. The first is to conquer everything from Dublin to Antioch. This can be done completely by military power, but there are many other paths to go by, such as inheriting land because you married one of your princesses to the prince whose father died. However, given the fact that it is very hard to watch after an empire as it grows, the player can simply "Claim the Title" if he thinks he's powerful enough to become emperor of Europe. This means that the player will be voted for or against other major powers in Medieval Europe to become the supreme king of Europe. However, if your proposal is shot down rather fast, every major power will declare war on you for attempting to take the Supreme Throne. There is, every certain amount of time, a game induced vote for the throne of Europe, and it is possible to win this without any votes if you own enough provinces, as you vote yourself to the post. Note that it is difficult to seize the throne by war, first one must destroy all the competing kingdoms. View their military power and attack the one with the lowest first, slowly building enough power to kill the final enemy. A more peaceful method of victory involves acquiring all the Kingdom Advantages. To get all of them requires several coastal villages to bring in Rare Goods and subsequently a large kingdom.

There are certain kingdoms which may also expand by conquering and reuniting the core provinces of a larger empire. If you are playing as Kiev, Muscovy, (also Kazan) for example, capturing the provinces of central Russia (Polotsk, Muscovy, Ryazan, Smolensk, Kiev, Chernigov, Novogorod, Tver, Voronezh, Saratov, Vladimir, Kazan) allows you to reunite the empire of Russia. Likewise, Normandy may establish the kingdom of England by capturing the key provinces of Britain (and also destroying the kingdoms of Wessex, York and East Anglia). Once the conditions for forming a new nation have been met you may choose whether or not to change the name of your kingdom; if you do so, your empire receives a one-off gold bonus, as well as receiving a number of bonus provinces. For certain kingdoms, this can offer a very quick way to expand. The flip side, of course, is that neighbouring kingdoms may unite their own nations, and some of the bonus provinces they receive may be territories that are taken away from your kingdom.
    This was taken from Knights of Honor and summerize what I've always wanted for Mount&Blade.
    You could choose either to start as a freelancer. The classical start which would be far more challenging as you would have to establish yourself as a ruler of a kingdom. Alternatively you could start as a ruler/king of a listed kingdom, thus be more direct.

• A larger remade map where Calradia is a continent akin to Europe, which adjacent regions populated by exotic factions.
    • More factions, sensible ones please!
    • More equipment/Total overhaul.
    • Formations.
    • Ability to start as ruler of a kingdom.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well heres a few ideas for mods..

Firstly, better banners. Historical banners could be used for it, and the symbols should be fixed for surcoats so that its not located around the crotch anymore.

Including the banners could be the english lions, the symbol of Venice, Knights Templar, Teutonic Order, Hospitaller Knights, Santiago, etc.
    Some generic banners with stripes, four squares, diagonal stripes and other such things in various colors are very welcome too, there seem to be very few of them and most dont really have very striking colors.

Second, Giving everyone two random weapons instead of one in a tournament. That way you wont be stuck with a lance when facing someone 1 on 1 when they have a sword.

Third, Additional arms and armor.
    I probably havent seen nearly everything so I might be naming things that actually are in the game, but I would like to see Gothic armor in the game, especially those sallet helmets.
    Hoods and robes are a bit useless now, perhaps hoods could be added that have a helmet under them and robes with chain mail under them?

Fourth, improved female models.
    Now they dont need to be half naked and overly curveous, but they seem way too manly right now when they arent in a dress. Its mostly the broad shoulders. Perhaps their figure could be changed a bit to look just a bit more shapely in armor without going too far, so that we can actually recognize them as women aside from the sound effects? Of course not in plate armor, but it should be noticable in leather, thick cloth and chainmail.

Fifth, more faces and better hair.
    Hair doesnt look that great in this game, perhaps it could be improved to look better through a mod? Beards seem to look good.
    Perhaps some faces with scars could be added as well, perhaps with one blind eye. That would really show your character has seen combat.

Sixth, a back button for the entire character creation process. I need to reset the game at times because I want to change something. From the first step to the last one, everything should have a back button. Every other game has that. Usually I like to do their appearance first and then think of the rest.

Seventh, a medieval conversion seems great. Thats why I advice first to put in historical banners and armor, and in the meanwhile work on the map of europe and all that. Then the new visual content could be put to use and tested right away during such a huge project.

I would suggest however focusing on specific regions since that fits the scale of the game better. The whole of Europe would be too big.

Heres some suggestions for locations and factions:

A map covering the British isles and France up to Germany and Denmark.
    Factions: England, France, Burgundy, HRE, Denmark, Scotland, Ireland, Holland.

Several counties existed in the Netherlands at the time. Guelders, Frisians, Holland, Brabant and Flanders. I dont know that much about other countries, but the HRE could have all its counties included as well as vassals. The Dutch counties seemed to have switched allegiance at times, I think they where mostly under Burgundy and sometimes the HRE. I myself am from Brabant, its banner would be black with a yellow Lion.

There are a gazillion mods that are historical you should check some out.

Default Re: [Member Survey] Your desired mod(s)

POP, Ranger's Apprentice, and Chronicles of Talera are all my favorites. Not forgetting Astorionar Adventure though. I love those story mods with story script. Good times.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Second option for me

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

WARHAMMER 40,000

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast