Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Campaign Battle Thread

Default Re: The Campaign Battle Thread

Yeh. I put it in my saves, tried launching it from "load game" < campaign game.
    Cry "Havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ADRGamin...k?feature=mhee

Remember to rep me if I helped you in any way(:

(\__/)
    ( O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Please help Bunny reach global domination by copying this message and pasting it to your own signature. Thank you!

Got it!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I begin the battle with the Armenians.

I choose a risky tactic and rush the main gates, blocking it off with one group of Levy Pikemen. The other two form a left defense line because I notice the General's gathering at the left town gate.

Some Scythian horsemen try to hit my left flank, but I pepper them with my archers, taking them out almost instantly.

All three general units charge me, but I kill the first one, then face the faction heir and faction leader. One charges straight into my levy pikemen and dies, while the leader heads for my archers. I cut him off with my general and move my Phalanx Pikemen into place. A battle ensues with me killing the leader and suffering severe losses.

The carnage from the battle between my pikes and the leaders.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The unit of pikemen holding off the main gate routes, but my reinforcing pikemen arrive to help.

My reformation into V formation, taking out the peasants and eastern infantry.

Heroic victory with severe losses.

Last edited by Vindictus; April 03, 2012 at 04:52 PM.

(\__/)
    ( O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Please help Bunny reach global domination by copying this message and pasting it to your own signature. Thank you!

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Very nice guys. That battle's not so unbeatable anymore it seems. Interesting you both went to hold the gate. Different strokes I suppose!

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

I was bombing through my old campaigns, looking for something to throw in here, and these seemed likely candidates... I'll post my personal results later today.

1: Numidia VS Brutii.
    2: Spain vs Brutii.

Lemme know if it's too easy... still trying to gauge the difficulty range i should be making this.

EDIT:
    I'd feel a little silly posting battles from some of my campaigns, then being the only one to actually play 'em, so i'll just soldier on with the others, and save mine for when someone else has tried it.

So. Gaul vs SPQR.

This was an ambush? Easy victory... All of my cav was at the head of the roman column, sinlge line. Inf was split evenly on both sides. Swarmed the head rom three sides, started an insta-route which shortly engulfed the entire column. Nothing fancy. Victory.
    Last edited by Willowran; April 04, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Second last one. Gaul vs Brittannia.

Well the general chariot was the greatest threat. Hands down. It had to go first. Hid my barbarian infantry in the trees, and ran the cav pellmell at the reinforcement army (yes, taking some shots from the bow chariots, but it was worth it). Triple charge broke the woad warriors, and i barely touched them. Chariots don't do so well against horses, when theyre bogged down by steeds and not given a chance to move. After i took out that chariot, i chased the other chariots until i caught them at the edge of the map, and repeated the process. After that it was a simple matter of isolating, and converging on the enemy, one unit at a time. I got caught up with two warbands and a peasant at one point, suffering severe losses to my barbarian cav, who routed. General withdrew, was chased by the peasesnts, and so sent to work again. Barbarian cav rallied, fought against a warband, routed. Rallied again. LAst warband was hit by a three-pronged cav. Victory.

Wholly smokes... that last battle (WRE vs Celt) IS bloody hard. I position myself on a hill, and can take out the entire first army with some flaming arrows, two seconds of melee, and a cavlary charge. But i can't seem to get rid of the second army >:/ I save up all my pila's, and focus fire at the general with my archers, but that crazy bugger... the general single-handedly tends to route most of my units. Flanking shmanking, i can't seem to kill the general. Must...win !>:0
    Last edited by Willowran; April 04, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

Ha, yeah, that battle is certainly a tough one. I thought it might have been because it practically my first go at playing BI, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have difficulty playing it

If anyone has a hard battle, please do upload it so we can all have a go and maybe learn a thing or two about different approaches to a battle and have some fun

There are two i uploaded... the first i found rather easier, but the second was more challenging...(three posts up)

Awesome, I'll have a go at those later in the week

any luck...?

Not yet. Busy as buggery at the moment. Will go for the weekend and post results then

Hi I'm new in this forum. Well I tried the first battle and it's was quite easy I sat an ambush in the nearby woods and got a heroic I will try the other battles soon.

file:///C:/Users/youness/Desktop/cavalry%20vs%20the%20rebels.jpg

Hi.I tried the first battle the cavalry vs rebels I sat an ambush in the nearby woods and I got a heroic I really want to post the screenshot but I can't do it can anyone show me how thanks

I did it I finished the second battle It was harder than the first one I used the desert cavalry to rout as many as possible units and it did the work I routed the entire pontic light cavalry but then my cavalry routed under the enemy missile fire my general was in danger under the archers mercy then i decided to attck with my infantry i used my missile troops (skirmishers+silician pirates) to take out the pontic heavy cavalry it killed some 50% of the original number then the enemy charged with his whole troops into my phalanxes and then I ordered the general to take out the busy troops I had a clear victory with 243 kills and 192 losses.

Any pictures?(: your battle would be spiced up by some jpgs!

(\__/)
    ( O.o)

Stretegos: Screenshots: This is what i do:

1: When playing, hit "prtscn" button on your keyboard (print screen). This copies your screen.
    2: pause, and minimise RTW (control/alt/delete works fine)
    3: open a picture editing program ( i use an outdated version of paint)
    4: paste (ctrl + v), and save image.
    5: when posting here on TWC, click "go advanced". Towards the bottom of the page, hit "manage attachements", and upload all of your screenshots. May take a couple minutes.
    6: "post reply". Bam. You are now the proud owner of a post with screenshots.

Or just get Fraps (:

(\__/)
    ( O.o)

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Fraps costs money. The free versions a as well.

Edit: Message fixed. Thank you Ferdiad.
    Last edited by Vindictus; April 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

(\__/)
    ( O.o)

Discussing that is illegal.

Discussing that is illegal.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast