Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Beta Files, Unofficial Patches and Test Versions

Default Re: Beta Files, Unofficial Patches and Test Versions

Hate to be that guy but XC is my fave mod and i'm just curious how far along you are with development of XC5?

Just one last thing, on XC4 is their a way to make bactria start on the campaign map straight away and how often do they emerge normally thanks?

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanArcher View Post
    Hate to be that guy but XC is my fave mod and i'm just curious how far along you are with development of XC5?
    Here are progress we done so far in past 6 months
    1) Map's spy side-step ctd problem has been fixed now without problem of artifax in battle map
    2) We have change economic system of mod to make income of region growing along development level and each buildings would influence on one-another (bonus will be fluid). Now it would to invest much more in both money and time if you want Camulodunum to be on the same level of richness as Alexandria which is possible but need huge effort.
    3) There would be more thing to build and do with settlement in next release.
    4) Expand name list of characters and test on removing character surnames from faction which historically not using surnames in modern sense.
    5) 4 new playable factions with completely unique playing style with Saba/Eastern Kingdoms/Free Celts/Free Greek Cities being replaced by those new factions.(We could remove them as now our slave faction have teeth to bite back other factions now.)
    6) slave rebel faction is now have teeth and could bite everyone back
    7) Everyone now have loyalty (except slave) but function partially (character could randomly switch side to slave when settlement rebel if loyalty is low) except for Roman which have full function loyalty system (character could randomly rebel when loyalty low)

What we are doing currently...
    1) Improving stability
    2) Test new recruitment system which required multiple buildings for similar to first Medieval Total War. If it works well, it would be in our finish product
    3) Add UI for all new buildings (a lot of work here and our main artist just graduated from university and have to find work to do in real life)
    4) Remove some unused units and models to open resource or reorganized them to other factions for our new 3 playable factions.
    5) New units need new textures, some may need more suitable models
    6) We just have new member in our team which specialized in environment (battlefield and strat map). This would improve player's experience greatly

Problem we encounter here that make everything slow.
    1) As every members here get older, we have more errand and responsibility to do in real life (Zarax now have family, GeoHitman has just graduated and need to find job for living, I'm now working for PhD on Oral Biology). So although we have ambition to finish it, it would take longer than we thought in the first place.
    2) We are currently have low manpower, and we need a lot of artists to solve our UI buildings and units problem. This is chronic problem for small artisan mod like ours.

What to Do after this that would make mod finish and releasable.
    1) I plan whole new traits and ancillaries system that would make everyone WOW! I will start coding it once I finish other part of code and stability improved (currently there is no gamebreaking ctd but I still not yet satisfied with what currently is)
    2) Description and text content
    3) Advisor script-events in game that player may have to risk for reward and penalty which advisor would semi-random pop-up from time to time.
    4) Flavour advisors text and events

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanArcher View Post
    Just one last thing, on XC4 is their a way to make bactria start on the campaign map straight away and how often do they emerge normally thanks?
    There is Bactria provincial campaign which player could play as Bactria and everything else is almost the same as Imperial Campaign. Bactria is actually emerging quite often as grasp of Seleucid in Bactra is slippery at best (it start game on the brink of riot and would lost it quickly if not invest effort to holding it). Normally Seleucid tend to loss Bactra within 60 turns and maybe quicker if Seleucid loss its holding on Seleucia.

In XC5, Bactria would be one of starting faction with strong alliance with Seleucid, no need for emerging any more.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 27, 2017 at 03:23 AM.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    Here are progress we done so far in past 6 months
    1) Map's spy side-step ctd problem has been fixed now without problem of artifax in battle map
    2) We have change economic system of mod to make income of region growing along development level and each buildings would influence on one-another (bonus will be fluid). Now it would to invest much more in both money and time if you want Camulodunum to be on the same level of richness as Alexandria which is possible but need huge effort.
    3) There would be more thing to build and do with settlement in next release.
    4) Expand name list of characters and test on removing character surnames from faction which historically not using surnames in modern sense.
    5) 4 new playable factions with completely unique playing style with Saba/Eastern Kingdoms/Free Celts/Free Greek Cities being replaced by those new factions.(We could remove them as now our slave faction have teeth to bite back other factions now.)
    6) slave rebel faction is now have teeth and could bite everyone back
    7) Everyone now have loyalty (except slave) but function partially (character could randomly switch side to slave when settlement rebel if loyalty is low) except for Roman which have full function loyalty system (character could randomly rebel when loyalty low)

What we are doing currently...
    1) Improving stability
    2) Test new recruitment system which required multiple buildings for similar to first Medieval Total War. If it works well, it would be in our finish product
    3) Add UI for all new buildings (a lot of work here and our main artist just graduated from university and have to find work to do in real life)
    4) Remove some unused units and models to open resource or reorganized them to other factions for our new 3 playable factions.
    5) New units need new textures, some may need more suitable models
    6) We just have new member in our team which specialized in environment (battlefield and strat map). This would improve player's experience greatly

Problem we encounter here that make everything slow.
    1) As every members here get older, we have more errand and responsibility to do in real life (Zarax now have family, GeoHitman has just graduated and need to find job for living, I'm now working for PhD on Oral Biology). So although we have ambition to finish it, it would take longer than we thought in the first place.
    2) We are currently have low manpower, and we need a lot of artists to solve our UI buildings and units problem. This is chronic problem for small artisan mod like ours.

What to Do after this that would make mod finish and releasable.
    1) I plan whole new traits and ancillaries system that would make everyone WOW! I will start coding it once I finish other part of code and stability improved (currently there is no gamebreaking ctd but I still not yet satisfied with what currently is)
    2) Description and text content
    3) Advisor script-events in game that player may have to risk for reward and penalty which advisor would semi-random pop-up from time to time.
    4) Flavour advisors text and events

There is Bactria provincial campaign which player could play as Bactria and everything else is almost the same as Imperial Campaign. Bactria is actually emerging quite often as grasp of Seleucid in Bactra is slippery at best (it start game on the brink of riot and would lost it quickly if not invest effort to holding it). Normally Seleucid tend to loss Bactra within 60 turns and maybe quicker if Seleucid loss its holding on Seleucia.

In XC5, Bactria would be one of starting faction with strong alliance with Seleucid, no need for emerging any more.
    It's good to know progress is still being made albeit at a slow pace. The changes being made seem intriguing to say the least, if only i could help in your development alas i have no modding experience. Good luck and i look forward updates in the future

Tiro

Too bad creating a game would take a lot of upfront capital. This would be a killer game if it was ever able to be a stand-alone. Plus you know, would give you guys some extra income that you very much deserve for this work over the years
    Historical aide for Divide et Impera (DeI). I'm not cool enough for image signatures.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112