Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR Installation, Ctd, and Bug Thread

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: RIO BRG III Mod ctd and bug thread

I'm no expert here but try the Downloading Assimilation patch for this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritic View Post
    After playing for awhile the battle load CTD is really becoming a problem. It always happens when there are 2 or 3 battles in a row. This is disconcerting if you have just fought one or two major battles and then it crashes.Am using latest Nvidia driver and most of the other mods I have work fine. Maybe it's resolution I set it at 1280x720 for battle because of wide screen monitor. I'm pretty sure I installed it right but what is this RAR file for? rio orig bi descr_model_strat.RAR
    I play it on a wide screen as such..much fun I'm not sure if that be a prob. Yes disconcerting to me. I'm hoping to have alleviated this problem for those with this issue in the BRG IV. Since you have this issue, if you want I can pm with an upload to BRG IV and we can see if these ctd at least are slowed

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    I play it on a wide screen as such..much fun I'm not sure if that be a prob. Yes disconcerting to me. I'm hoping to have alleviated this problem for those with this issue in the BRG IV. Since you have this issue, if you want I can pm with an upload to BRG IV and we can see if these ctd at least are slowed
    Yes I would like to try that. I don't think it is a hardware or driver issue as I played EB on high settings for 4 hours without a problem.Would like to continue this though because along with SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANI and EB these are the most interesting mods to me.Thank you for he reply

I'm experiencing a rather annoying ctd, playing as Saxons. The mod has worked fine for a fairly long time, but suddenly I get a ctd whenever I try to attack a city. If I attempt to play the battle myself, the ctd usually occurs shortly after my men pass through the city gates or breach (not, however if they only launch missiles across the walls). If I auto-resolve the battle, the ctd occurs right after I've closed the battle results screen. In short, it's impossible for me to capture any cities. I've tried attacking different cities, using different generals, different units, etc., but nothing seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Herunaut View Post
    I'm experiencing a rather annoying ctd, playing as Saxons. The mod has worked fine for a fairly long time, but suddenly I get a ctd whenever I try to attack a city. If I attempt to play the battle myself, the ctd usually occurs shortly after my men pass through the city gates or breach (not, however if they only launch missiles across the walls). If I auto-resolve the battle, the ctd occurs right after I've closed the battle results screen. In short, it's impossible for me to capture any cities. I've tried attacking different cities, using different generals, different units, etc., but nothing seems to work.
    Something here is really screwy and it might need a new install. Have noticed anything weird prior to this?

Something here is really screwy and it might need a new install. Have noticed anything weird prior to this?
    No, I don't think I've experienced a single ctd or any other significant problems before this started happening.

No, I don't think I've experienced a single ctd or any other significant problems before this started happening.
    Maybe reboot the computer and see if its a heated up grahics card prob?.Where are you attacking now..exactly where and its with every city?

Maybe reboot the computer and see if its a heated up grahics card prob?.Where are you attacking now..exactly where and its with every city?
    I've tried rebooting the computer several times and reloaded the game after leaving the computer shut off overnight. The graphics card hasn't acted up in any other games.

The cities are the one right north of Anglii and Castell something-or-other (Southwest Wales). Both are currently held by the Britons (Gododdin).

Okay, it now turns out the same thing happens even if I start a new game with a different faction, so I'm guessing something must have gone completely wrong with the install. I'll try to reinstall from scratch instead.

Okay, it now turns out the same thing happens even if I start a new game with a different faction, so I'm guessing something must have gone completely wrong with the install. I'll try to reinstall from scratch instead.
    Manually delete the rio folder and start over the installation process. Let me know how it goes

Manually delete the rio folder and start over the installation process. Let me know how it goes
    Decided to uninstall everything and reinstall RTW, BI and the mod from scratch. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I started a new game (with Roman Britones this time), managed to capture three cities without incident but now the ctd is back, no matter what city I attempt to capture. Turns out it even occurs when other factions try to attack my cities.

Decided to uninstall everything and reinstall RTW, BI and the mod from scratch. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I started a new game (with Roman Britones this time), managed to capture three cities without incident but now the ctd is back, no matter what city I attempt to capture. Turns out it even occurs when other factions try to attack my cities.
    Very wierd..Tell me what you did to install the mod.

Very wierd..Tell me what you did to install the mod.
    Well, I used the installer the first time and the non-installer RAR the second time, but basically it went like this:

1. Installed RTW, BI and 1.6 patch
    2. Made a copy of bi folder and renamed it rio
    3. Installed (or unpacked) mod
    4. Unpacked assimilation mod patch to the rio data folder
    5. Unpacked export_descr_buildings.rar to rio data folder
    6. Unpacked soundmod to the rio data folder

I've tested other mod-foldered mods after my recent reinstall of everything and they work fine, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the RTW/BI install itself

Well, I used the installer the first time and the non-installer RAR the second time, but basically it went like this:

1. Installed RTW, BI and 1.6 patch
    2. Made a copy of bi folder and renamed it rio
    3. Installed (or unpacked) mod
    4. Unpacked assimilation mod patch to the rio data folder
    5. Unpacked export_descr_buildings.rar to rio data folder
    6. Unpacked soundmod to the rio data folder

I've tested other mod-foldered mods after my recent reinstall of everything and they work fine, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the RTW/BI install itself
    It might be the sound mod..I have come across a few strange issues around it lately. Maybe try the game without it first to see what happens

It might be the sound mod..I have come across a few strange issues around it lately. Maybe try the game without it first to see what happens
    Thanks! Removing the sound mod seems to have done the trick. Much appreciated!

I should have posted here first....

The game keeps crashing (going black and returning to Windows.) It usually happens around the year 475 onwards. It can happen in a battle, or on the map screen when I move a character somewhere in Northern Europe. I have re-installed the game many times, and it still keeps happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gvma View Post
    I should have posted here first....

The game keeps crashing (going black and returning to Windows.) It usually happens around the year 475 onwards. It can happen in a battle, or on the map screen when I move a character somewhere in Northern Europe. I have re-installed the game many times, and it still keeps happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    gvma please tell me(all) what you have installed to the mod

I installed a clean version of RTW (Gold Ed.), then installed the Rio ver. 3 mod. I do this each time it crashes, and still happens. I recently installed the new update on the IBFD thread, but still happens (albeit takes a fwe more years for it to happen.)

Quote Originally Posted by gvma View Post
    I installed a clean version of RTW (Gold Ed.), then installed the Rio ver. 3 mod. I do this each time it crashes, and still happens. I recently installed the new update on the IBFD thread, but still happens (albeit takes a fwe more years for it to happen.)

Ok ..Did you also made a copy of the bi folder thats within your rtw folder, and rename the copied bi folder rio before installing the Rio mod, yes?

Yep, I did that, followed al the directions to a 'T.'

Played again yesterday, got up to 481AD before it crashed again.... So frustrating as it is an excellent mod.