Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR Installation, Ctd, and Bug Thread

Default Re: Installing issues

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Hi Barbarian Roman
    What do you mean by question1? Is it an error message after installation? If so try to reinstall until this error stops...It has been an issue for what ever reason, but reinstalling the mod seems to work.

You can only break alliances and create them with the ERE or WRE if your one of those factions by the non set alliances, otherwise they stay set
    So if I want to make and break alliances at my will, I install the non set alliances.
    What I meant with question 1 is what's with the extra Rio Orig bi descr_model_strat included? What's if for? Where do I install it?

Oh yeah one more thing.
    You know the shortcut? Where you have to click properties to direct the shortcut to launch the game? Well, when I right click the shortcut, the little sandclock mouse thing appears for like 2 minutes, and nothing happens, so I can't access properties to set the short cut right to launch the game. Should I try downloading this mod again?
    Last edited by Barbarian Roman; March 27, 2010 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Roman View Post
    So if I want to make and break alliances at my will, I install the non set alliances.
    What I meant with question 1 is what's with the extra Rio Orig bi descr_model_strat included? What's if for? Where do I install it?

Oh yeah one more thing.
    You know the shortcut? Where you have to click properties to direct the shortcut to launch the game? Well, when I right click the shortcut, the little sandclock mouse thing appears for like 2 minutes, and nothing happens, so I can't access properties to set the short cut right to launch the game. Should I try downloading this mod again?

-Yes, with non alliance you can break alliances at will.
    You dont need to DL the Rio Orig bi descr_model_strat, Is just optional if you want the orig bi vanilla

Use the other laucher then to set your properties There are 2 of them in the DL..And if you should DL the mod again... well, thats up 2 you to decide.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

-Yes, with non alliance you can break alliances at will.
    You dont need to DL the Rio Orig bi descr_model_strat, Is just optional if you want the orig bi vanilla

Use the other laucher then to set your properties There are 2 of them in the DL..And if you should DL the mod again... well, thats up 2 you to decide.
    So what's the difference between vanilla and current descr_model_strat? And if I don't want vanilla, then I just leave the descr_model_strat the way it is?
    Both launchers are kind of screwed, I'll just try downloading this mod again.
    Thanks for your help. I'm a noob in these sort of things.
    Last edited by Barbarian Roman; March 27, 2010 at 11:58 AM.

So what's the difference between vanilla and current descr_model_strat? And if I don't want vanilla, then I just leave the descr_model_strat the way it is?
    Both launchers are kind of screwed, I'll just try downloading this mod again.
    Thanks for your help. I'm a noob in these sort of things.
    Yes just leave the descr_model_strat as is if you dont want it. Its just upgraded from vanilla to IB models

The second launcher doing the same think?

Yes just leave the descr_model_strat as is if you dont want it. Its just upgraded from vanilla to IB models

The second launcher doing the same think?
    Yeah the second launcher does the same thing. When you right click on both launchers, the sandclock thing appears for two minutes, then nothing happens. The size of both shortcuts is 2 kb, and the shortcut icon has no image, just the white genric kind. I'll just try downloading it again, and if that doesn't work, maybe I'll download the non installer version (the RAR file).

Hallo i have installed the game like it stands in instructions.
    But i have no Icon on desktop and no icon in the folders to start the game, there is no exe, what i have done wrong?!

Pls help me THX

MfG Georg

Yeah the second launcher does the same thing. When you right click on both launchers, the sandclock thing appears for two minutes, then nothing happens. The size of both shortcuts is 2 kb, and the shortcut icon has no image, just the white genric kind. I'll just try downloading it again, and if that doesn't work, maybe I'll download the non installer version (the RAR file).
    use ur bi launcher icon then. Make a copy of it then write in its properties
    the route your mode was downloaded in

Quote Originally Posted by georg321 View Post
    Hallo i have installed the game like it stands in instructions.
    But i have no Icon on desktop and no icon in the folders to start the game, there is no exe, what i have done wrong?!

Pls help me THX

MfG Georg
    Hi georg
    There are two launcher icon folders with your dl..use the launcher in the folder that represents the route of your dl
    Last edited by Riothamus; March 28, 2010 at 03:15 PM.

Thank you for the fast reply, i have changed the path in the txt. but it does not work anyway. There is an error with the message: path does not exist

Thank you for the fast reply, i have changed the path in the txt. but it does not work anyway. There is an error with the message: path does not exist
    Can you tell me your path?
    Are you using vista windows?
    Last edited by Riothamus; March 29, 2010 at 07:56 AM.

Yes i use Vista.
    My path is D:/RTW-Games/Rios IBFD/Rome-TotalWar
    I have saved all other Mods of IB in same kind. And it works

Yes i use Vista.
    My path is D:/RTW-Games/Rios IBFD/Rome-TotalWar
    I have saved all other Mods of IB in same kind. And it works
    I wonder if your User account is blocking you..It seems to happen more with my mod than the others. i saw this same issue about a month ago and as I rember it had to do with with the Vista user account and it needed to be disabled

I wonder if your User account is blocking you..It seems to happen more with my mod than the others. i saw this same issue about a month ago and as I rember it had to do with with the Vista user account and it needed to be disabled
    Well ok but i have exactly to disalbe?! The txt? The Rois IBFD folder?! I have looked around in the options a little bit, officially i have full access to the txt the folder etc.

I have this issue when playing the game. I installed the mod, then applied the non alliance scripts, then the BGR mod, then the sound mod, and set the shortcut to the right place. Also, I applied the preferences included in the mod. When I start a 463 campaign game with Rome Western, the turns keep rolling by, like they do when you press end turn. Except, it doesn't give me a chance to even play even a turn. The Al is even controlling my country. Any answers how to fix this? Did I install it wrong? Did I apply any scripts to the wrong place?

I have this issue when playing the game. I installed the mod, then applied the non alliance scripts, then the BGR mod, then the sound mod, and set the shortcut to the right place. Also, I applied the preferences included in the mod. When I start a 463 campaign game with Rome Western, the turns keep rolling by, like they do when you press end turn. Except, it doesn't give me a chance to even play even a turn. The Al is even controlling my country. Any answers how to fix this? Did I install it wrong? Did I apply any scripts to the wrong place?
    This is the left in ai to watch the game play out..for modding
    Just remove it

example:
    Target: "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -ai -mod:rio

Remove the -ai
    Target: "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio

Well ok but i have exactly to disalbe?! The txt? The Rois IBFD folder?! I have looked around in the options a little bit, officially i have full access to the txt the folder etc.
    Trying to find info on this
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 02, 2010 at 08:20 AM.

Thank you

Thank you
    ok I dug this up
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 02, 2010 at 09:14 AM.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Interesting, but dangerous. I have BI 1.6 and Ive downloaded BRG III 4 or 5 times but I still get the 2702 line 34 error. Why?!!!?
    LOL, 378 posts, we all know what happened in that year!

Quote Originally Posted by Magistri Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    Interesting, but dangerous. I have BI 1.6 and Ive downloaded BRG III 4 or 5 times but I still get the 2702 line 34 error. Why?!!!?
    LOL, 378 posts, we all know what happened in that year!
    Something isn't(files) copying over correctly assuming you havent modded or changed any orig files in your bi or rtw mod. Sometimes the computer will not allow it(vista an example)

-disabling uac would be only for the mods installation
    Last edited by Riothamus; April 02, 2010 at 09:22 AM.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I havent modded or changed any files, and I install to creative assembly because the Activision filepath doesnt work.
    My computer is very old and is slightly messed up. (Microsoft word and other office programs dont work, but every game I have installed works fine)
    Ive installed other mods without any conflict, but why isnt this one working?

I have done the operation but the launch icon doesnt work anyway, same error message