Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Quote Originally Posted by sarastro View Post
    hey can anyone tell my how to install this voices.
    Blackomur knew apparently, though that doesn't help us now. I don't know anyone who does except for the big names like perhaps KK or whoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    @Ozzmosis:
    Hi mate, how are you doing with the Sindarin?
    I'm looking forward to see the elven voices completed
    If you need a hand with the translations, just let me know.
    I haven't had time to learn Sindarin yet, and there has been no word from that dude who offered to make Sindarin speeches, but I'm on holiday for the next two weeks, so I should be able to fit in Sindarin lessons in between French and Russian revision!
    However, I'm not so confident about my voice and I am sure that others could do it better, so I will start, but I would probably prefer if someone else could do them. Daradain still isn't around so i'm not even sure about the status of this submod.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmosis View Post
    Blackomur knew apparently, though that doesn't help us now. I don't know anyone who does except for the big names like perhaps KK or whoever.
    If you've the files in the correct format, then it's a mere matter of renaming your files and editing text files and, of course, saving them in the right directory. I'd suggest to have a look into the workshop, if you want to do it yourself. Don't worry, others have done that before, hence you can do it as well. If you might need a hand concerning the coding, let me know and it shall be given.

Depending on whether you'd like to change only unit-battle sounds or furthermore strat-map voices you'd need to take a look into:
    export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt (files need to be .mp3)
    export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt (files need to be .wav)

Look up the corresponding sections for the elven units, rename your sound files according to the entries, save them in the folder given in the files, delete the .dat and .idx files in the data\sound folder so the game can rebuild them at startup. That's about it, if you just replace existing files.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmosis View Post
    I haven't had time to learn Sindarin yet, and there has been no word from that dude who offered to make Sindarin speeches, but I'm on holiday for the next two weeks, so I should be able to fit in Sindarin lessons in between French and Russian revision!
    However, I'm not so confident about my voice and I am sure that others could do it better, so I will start, but I would probably prefer if someone else could do them. Daradain still isn't around so i'm not even sure about the status of this submod.
    As always, let me know when you might run into trouble.

Edit1:
    Just checked the files, as far as I can see both elven factions are using the english sounds like gondor and some others.
    Hence it would be best to give your soundfiles unique names and edit the files to change the entries. If you like, I can handle that.

Edit2:
    And please check your pms
    Last edited by Aikanár; April 10, 2010 at 04:05 PM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

nice!

Daradain's not been around for a long time now, so to stop this worthwhile project from floundering, I will be working with Aikanár on recordings for the Elves and he should be releasing the first bunch of strat-map and unit voices sometime soon in his great Lore mod! Everyone ought to pay attention to that!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789