Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMazi View Post
    I dare you to do better! (just for the sake of this thread) . I didn't see any other attempts, so i encourage anyone to try and post.

The laugh was in script!
    "Elves, eh? Elves! All prancin' about, all fancy and cheery with their bows and shiny gold armor and pointy little ears... A bunch'a bloody cute fairies! The first orc to bring me one of their heads on a platter, DOESN'T get fed to the wargs! HaHA!"
    Then the writer is to blame.

I could, but I have no microphone...
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

OK because I am heavily occupied right now I would like anyone who has a microphone to do some voice work on either of the factions.

Write your own little script or something, just so I can see how this will sound.

OK because I am heavily occupied right now I would like anyone who has a microphone to do some voice work on either of the factions
    ANYONE ? YOU ARE SERIOUS MAN ?

Man.Wath do you say?Not all people can pronounce english so good.Also must be just mature voice in game.I personally don't like to hear voice of kid of 10 years who command mi army.Another point is...for evil generals must be some effects who change the voice in "orcish accent" or else...How many people have voice to speak or scream like the orc/uruk/berserkers?If you read previous posts in this topic,you will find many useful sites with voice and sounds and effects already done.Remain just to be selected and integrated in the game.

P.S IF you really want to do this,must be a master piece...not anything else.
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT; October 24, 2009 at 04:13 AM.

They're going to have so many swords up their asses, there isn't gonna be enough room for the ones we're gonna stick in their dicks!
    What in the hell!? LoL!!!
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    I really suggest you change some of your posting habits, like using giant red caps for example.

Also use some common sense. How is he supposed to know who can make good speeches if he doesn't do some "auditions" first?

KK did the same thing when he needed some speeches done. Everyone was free to try and make some but he only chose the best.

I really suggest you change some of your posting habits, like using giant red caps for example.
    Confirm.Will be done....

The Sixth Wizard's Avatar Semisalis

Great orc stuff! Try getting some inspiration from the books and chapters like Cirith Ungol though, orcs use different curse words.
    Third Age: Total War! (!!!!)

Icon10 Re: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    ANYONE ? YOU ARE SERIOUS MAN ?

Man.Wath do you say?Not all people can pronounce english so good.Also must be just mature voice in game.I personally don't like to hear voice of kid of 10 years who command mi army.Another point is...for evil generals must be some effects who change the voice in "orcish accent" or else...How many people have voice to speak or scream like the orc/uruk/berserkers?If you read previous posts in this topic,you will find many useful sites with voice and sounds and effects already done.Remain just to be selected and integrated in the game.

Well in fact I only like to do things to a very high standard and I am pretty sure King Kong wouldn't adopt speeches in if they were done by some 10 year old.

I am working on the www.thirdagetotalwar.com Website currently and I assure you that will be done to a high standard .

I need to hear some short auditions before I start churning up a master piece mate, don't be hasty now young hobbit.

To be honest, this project interests me more than any other right now. Why? Well, it seems like it'll fix the only thing really missing from the mod. All of these other sub-mods try to add onto the game in some way (except RC/RR and a few others, which just modify it); things that are cool, but not part of the original mod. However, unit voice-overs/battle speeches are integral. They should come with the vanilla version of the mod. Since only a few do, it feels like something's missing, so I'm glad you decided to start this project.

Also to be honest, I'd rather you focus more on this than the website (though it does look pretty awesome at this point, and it'd be nice to have easier access to these forums ). Maybe you have an incredible attention span and multitasking abilities and you can focus on both at once, I don't know. Anyways, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas X View Post
    To be honest, this project interests me more than any other right now. Why? Well, it seems like it'll fix the only thing really missing from the mod. All of these other sub-mods try to add onto the game in some way (except RC/RR and a few others, which just modify it); things that are cool, but not part of the original mod. However, unit voice-overs/battle speeches are integral. They should come with the vanilla version of the mod. Since only a few do, it feels like something's missing, so I'm glad you decided to start this project.

Also to be honest, I'd rather you focus more on this than the website (though it does look pretty awesome at this point, and it'd be nice to have easier access to these forums ). Maybe you have an incredible attention span and multitasking abilities and you can focus on both at once, I don't know. Anyways, good luck.
    Agreed. Oh, and I totally volunteer my abilities as a speech writer.

Icon9 Re: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

To All,

This is the problem though, evrybody says "Good Luck" and leaves, no one is interested in auditioning or contrivuting to it because it is such a complicated project. With the website, though, I can focus on it and make fast progres becasue I do not have to rely on a large team of people. And I haven't heard anything from people who have offered their help and I asked to start some work...

I am sorry to say that for the time being, and probably forever, I will be leaving this project because, although it has demand, it doesn't have a willing workforce.

We can leave this thread open to continue dicussing and brainstorming, but now you know not ot expect anything from me, except for the THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR website!

Regards,

Evan
    Last edited by Evan MF; November 01, 2009 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    To All,

This is the problem though, evrybody says "Good Luck" and leaves, no one is interested in auditioning or contrivuting to it because it is such a complicated project. With the website, though, I can focus on it and make fast progres becasue I do not have to rely on a large team of people. And I haven't heard anything from people who have offered their help and I asked to start some work...

I am sorry to say that for the time being, and probably forever, I will be leaving this project because, although it has demand, it doesn't have a willing workforce.

We can leave this thread open to continue dicussing and brainstorming, but now you know not ot expect anything from me, except for the THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR website!

Regards,

Evan
    Maybe the speeches are complicated, but perhaps you (well, anyone else I guess, if Evan gives up) could just focus on unit voice-overs first. I think that's a much more realistic goal - the only real problem would be finding a good voice actor/mic and modding the code to put it in game. If you're (or anyone else is) dead-set on speeches, I could try writing some, though I'll have to explore LotR lore a little more to familiarize myself with it and get a real "feel" for it.

Oh well. I tried.

Well if people start having ago atmaking audio and post it up here, the project may be revived, I am still looking at it you know...

I said earlier on in the thread that I am willing to help with the speech crafting, but I have no microphone and can only do a half arsed Joker voice. And my Irish impression migrates to Birmingham within half a sentence! lol!

But I would very much like to write some speeches for this submod if you wish. But my acting ability is beyond words, it is shocking! lol! so i would be no help there!

MaxMazi's Avatar Back in the game!

So, i am guessing this file i posted one page back is not good!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...45#post6150545
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

Quite good! I like. A lot better than I could ever do! lol!

And +rep to take away the sad face

EDIT: Bugger, I can't give you anymore yet
    Last edited by Momus; November 01, 2009 at 03:02 PM.

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Just listened for the first time and I must say I am surprised. It is far better than I thought it would be. Maybe try first to make a few for other factions (non orcish) and practice a bit more. Make also your pronouncing a bit better and I think they could work out very well.
    Also, try to make a few pauses in your speech. Now you can't really hear the different sentences good.

But I am impressed

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by Eol_Nauglamir View Post
    Just listened for the first time and I must say I am surprised. It is far better than I thought it would be. Maybe try first to make a few for other factions (non orcish) and practice a bit more. Make also your pronouncing a bit better and I think they could work out very well.
    Also, try to make a few pauses in your speech. Now you can't really hear the different sentences good.

But I am impressed
    Same. Orcs will be tricky because you have to get the distortion just right, or else it sounds funny. But it sounds like you have a good mic and if you did a Gondor or Rohan speech, it'd be great.