Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Default Re: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    If you want to use the once requested quenya and sindarin translations I did for the unit-names, you may use them, if you want to.
    Many thanks. I'm having a look now and initial 'butchers', I can say its looking rather dandy. A big help indeed...now who can try to speak elvish?:sparta:

creds to you and Stimpack & all those who contributed to that post.... hell, Aikanar have +rep, this is great help indeed. Hope you can continue to help for reference and guidance.
    Last edited by yobi_uk; February 11, 2010 at 05:21 PM.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't be a problem if you like me to do so.
    Translating phrases or speeches into quenya and or sindarin won't be a problem, just needs some time.
    How to pronounce quenya and sindarin can be found in the appendices to LotR, HoM-E and only on some pages, if you need the links, I can provide them when I'm back from work.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

I hope this mod works unlike the last few which shrank into oblivion ^-^

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    I hope this mod works unlike the last few which shrank into oblivion ^-^
    Theres no guarantee, unfortunately, many of us have limited time on our hands. As for myself I'm still figuring out how to amend a few files, like how to customize the Elf voices. We can record voices all we want but to actually associate them with units, I still can't fathom.

Though I am not the originator of this mod, I am hoping to add to it giving two different flavours:

1 - just a vanilla tweak to differentiate between races.
    2 - an immersion mod like the Ornamentum mod.

but in order to achieve any of these, and I speak for myself, we still need to learn the fundamentals. I'm new to the Forums and I'm not sure if I can bug the group responsible for the Ornamentum mod for help.

but I hope many more can help, especially those with the know how.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty

Yes, I am working on getting an idea as to how to get the whole voice thing working. As for now, I think we should just try voicing over team camp-map voices and combat advisors before trying to tackle units. True, we all want elf infantry sounding the right way, but the sheer amount of stuff to do, just for one unit, makes me a bit confounded. As such, I say we start small and work our way up.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Daradain View Post
    Yes, I am working on getting an idea as to how to get the whole voice thing working. As for now, I think we should just try voicing over team camp-map voices and combat advisors before trying to tackle units. True, we all want elf infantry sounding the right way, but the sheer amount of stuff to do, just for one unit, makes me a bit confounded. As such, I say we start small and work our way up.
    Oki-dok. I have amened some camp-map voices especially the dwarf diplomat (sorry it just ruins it for me when I play the dwarfs). Any recommended tools? I'm just stuck in using Audacity.

Also is it true that MP3 format can be used instead of WAV? (According to Baron Samedi) I guess I should just try it out myself and trust the expert.
    Last edited by yobi_uk; February 15, 2010 at 02:46 PM.

Darch's Avatar Libertus

Was using Audacity here too... But a combination of having a crappy microphone, and a lack of any acting talent, has resulted in some p*** poor efforts on my part!

However, I'll at least offer moral support to the rest of ye

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Lol I've been having a go at making unit voices and some sound effects (growls etc) for Call of Warhammer. My mic is ok, and I am using audacity, give me a shout if you have any need of my "skills". you can check here if you want to see some samples of my work.

Nice. At any rate, I have set up an e-mail account for the purpose of this mod so if you have any recordings, go ahead and send them to this account: speechcrafters@hotmail.com

To start off, just record a simple exclamation for the campaign map general: "Yes sire! Following your plan of attack." Use what ever accents you feel sound good, and I'll listen to them. Also, feel free to e-mail ideas on scripts or other recordings.

Very nice Ozzmosis. Sounds like you'll be great for some orc stuff. Maybe a dwarf accent too? We'll see.

P.S. Totally off topic. Ozz, in regard to the Warhammer mod, do you know if there a specific way to install the english translation? I couldn't seen to get it to work following the stock directions. Anyway, thanks and send me your stuff.
    Last edited by Daradain; February 19, 2010 at 08:46 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Daradain View Post
    Nice. At any rate, I have set up an e-mail account for the purpose of this mod so if you have any recordings, go ahead and send them to this account: speechcrafters@hotmail.com

To start off, just record a simple exclamation for the campaign map general: "Yes sire! Following your plan of attack." Use what ever accents you feel sound good, and I'll listen to them. Also, feel free to e-mail ideas on scripts or other recordings.

Very nice Ozzmosis. Sounds like you'll be great for some orc stuff. Maybe a dwarf accent too? We'll see.

P.S. Totally off topic. Ozz, in regard to the Warhammer mod, do you know if there a specific way to install the english translation? I couldn't seen to get it to work following the stock directions. Anyway, thanks and send me your stuff.
    ha I'll have a go!
    As for the translation, I think you just need to get the download from the first post and use it to replace your text files in the "text" folder of your "data" folder.
    I think a project in the style of the Warhammer voices would really boost the quality of the mod.

Gotcha. Thanks. Anyway, if anyone want to try out for anything, give it a go. The way I see it, we can't really have too many people doing voices.

Darch's Avatar Libertus

I'll have a go too, though might be a day or two before you get my mail.

Argh, we cannot let this project fail as well!
    Here are the silvan elves' unit voices! If interest arises once more, I may make more!

Lo! They sound pretty good.

Though, maybe they should have been a bit more "energetic"... But overall they are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Lo! They sound pretty good.

Though, maybe they should have been a bit more "energetic"... But overall they are very good.
    Agreed, a bit more "energetic" and it would be awsome!
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"

http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-rebirth

Sorry I didn't post sooner. Been busy with college. Anyhow, sounds great! Very sneaky sounding, which strikes me as great for most silvan elf units. (Particularly the mirkwood guys) When it comes to the galadhrim, needs a bit more energy. Try standing a good ways from the mic and say the line as if you were calling to a group of friends outside. If there isn't too much echo effect from the walls, it should sound good. All in all, very nice.

I am still having no luck in finding information on editing audio. I tried to add music and some voices to the game following directions, but I couldn't get it to work. Therefore, if anyone knows of a solid guide or something like that, I would be very appreciative. Props!

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

I would like to try some voices.. or make up speech lines.. í'll send some progress as soon if i have it if you want to?

grtz patrician

I was kind of forced to make it that hushed, conspiratory tone anyway, as I didn't want to wake my brother in the other room! But for the mirkwood guys, I think it worked. I'll try and redo Galadhrim and maybe do high elves if I get the chance!
    As for a guide, I guess you could PM Blackomur89, as he is compiling and implementing the voicemod for CoW, and you could look at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77905 for a music tutorial, though you have probably alredy seen that.
    Last edited by Ozzmosis; March 04, 2010 at 02:42 PM.

im thiking of doing some orc voices, i like to think i have the right voice for it, i need to see how it sounds after its recorded, as im certain i'll need to ajust ^^

when i have the time, i'll record something

EDIT: i think orc "speeches" should be short and mostly mocking the enemy, or frenzy like, but not too long, im yet to hear of an orc general speaking to his troops from the "heart"..

and i may try to do some nazgul stuff, but its significantly harder...it needs some sort of background ambient sound or something

unless u want to keep nazgul talk to screeching only, but they can talk xD
    Last edited by HolyDevil; March 04, 2010 at 06:25 PM.

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDevil View Post
    im thiking of doing some orc voices, i like to think i have the right voice for it, i need to see how it sounds after its recorded, as im certain i'll need to ajust ^^

when i have the time, i'll record something

EDIT: i think orc "speeches" should be short and mostly mocking the enemy, or frenzy like, but not too long, im yet to hear of an orc general speaking to his troops from the "heart"..

and i may try to do some nazgul stuff, but its significantly harder...it needs some sort of background ambient sound or something

unless u want to keep nazgul talk to screeching only, but they can talk xD
    for orks something like: What does the eye command? or I smell blood