Thread: Cannot change my graphics

Default Cannot change my graphics

Please help. I want to down my graphics a little to make the game run smoother but when I click the question mark to confirm my changes, nothing happens. Nothing. So I always just cancel. I just installed the New World Protectorates and Ornamentum Mod.

Default Re: Cannot change my graphics

I have the same problem. Some say delete the UI and FX cache files in the apps fiolder. I tried that with no luck. I also tried completely uninstalling and re-installing the game...no luck. I also tried to manually change the preferences file. The game refuses to "read" it I suppose since that file is set for "ultra" sizes but the game is using "large" so I have no idea whats going on.
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Same thing guys, it was fine before yesterday i always play on ultra units, but today noticed the units were smaller, so went into the graphics and set it to ultra, but when you try and click on accept it highlights it but will not let me click it, it will though click ok on cancel, this is really annoying me to be honest any one have any ideas ?

Ok guys...found a work-around. Go to your preferenced script file in the documents and settings/user/applications/creative assembly/total war folder. Manually change things there including the "campaign unit ratio" number which controls unit size as well. Then, save it and go to "properties" and change the preferenced to a "read only" file. Now you have locked in you preferences amd the game won't change them
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Just discovered that after 1.4, I have this problem also. The game won't let me change any settings.

Amazing. CA can't do anything right. Every patch breaks new things.

I'm really starting to hate this company.

How does this stuff slip through? I'm serious here -- how does a company spend months on a patch and not have anyone catch this?
    Last edited by cherryfunk; October 03, 2009 at 01:57 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I've found that I can change the settings once OK and the second time it locks up when it's showing the 'accept changes' along with a timer to revert to the previous settings (all in-game and not Windows messages).

I find that when the countdown starts I cannot click to accept the changes. However, when the count gets to around 8 seconds I can click on the accept.

Windows Vista 64 bit Ultimate Edition with a pair of GTX280s in SLI with the latest drivers.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I don't get any reaction at all from the button when I click it to accept changes. It's like I'm not clicking it.

And for some reason when I change manually in the preferences file I get a CTD at startup, so the game is now unplayable.