View Poll Results: Army of Death in the game?

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Included as faction unit (for Gondor)

7 3.07%
  • Included as mercenary unit (for Gondor)

22 9.65%
  • Included as 'timed' event/recruited unit

69 30.26%
  • Included as ancillary for Aragorn

40 17.54%
  • Should not be included!

90 39.47%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Army of Death - Vote Now

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Army of Death - Vote Now

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    plus they didn't actually fight in the books
    Just represent that end! Through an ancillary, trait or historical event message on the campaign map.

No units! NO KILLING MACHINES!
    Last edited by Evan MF; October 04, 2009 at 04:57 PM.

I vote for a full playable faction, purely for cool purposes. Seriously i read the books if i want realism, if im playing a game i want the boundaries pushable. Also with the quality of the unit modders on this mod, why not have a new flavour. Do we need another elf faction - no ta ill play one we already have, similiar do i need another orc/man faction again not really plenty abound already, i want sumthin new, to take over middle earth with a completly new style of faction which has no loyalties to either the good guys or the bad, a pure neutral immpossibly hard to play (re yr attacked by all).

The main reason tho is i love playing the evil factions but i hate my destiny to be linked with Sauron give me sumthing new, just imagine the horrid looking skins on the units (lovely - modders dream project), undead infantry/horseman (even chariots), ohh and not those bright green jokes in the film, ohh no, proper undead flesh handing off & bones poking through, plates of armour hanging off - give me the undead army & ill show the newest most played faction in this game pure cool.

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

Quote Originally Posted by Wolster View Post
    I vote for a full playable faction, purely for cool purposes. Seriously i read the books if i want realism, if im playing a game i want the boundaries pushable. Also with the quality of the unit modders on this mod, why not have a new flavour. Do we need another elf faction - no ta ill play one we already have, similiar do i need another orc/man faction again not really plenty abound already, i want sumthin new, to take over middle earth with a completly new style of faction which has no loyalties to either the good guys or the bad, a pure neutral immpossibly hard to play (re yr attacked by all).

The main reason tho is i love playing the evil factions but i hate my destiny to be linked with Sauron give me sumthing new, just imagine the horrid looking skins on the units (lovely - modders dream project), undead infantry/horseman (even chariots), ohh and not those bright green jokes in the film, ohh no, proper undead flesh handing off & bones poking through, plates of armour hanging off - give me the undead army & ill show the newest most played faction in this game pure cool.
    You sir, miss the whole point of LOTR.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Maca's Avatar Decanus

Do we need a new faction at all?

Icon5 Re: Army of Death - Vote Now

-Speechless- Are you serious?
    You must be:

This is even worse than the Goblin Spider Rider idea!

The main reason tho is i love playing the evil factions but i hate my destiny to be linked with Sauron give me sumthing new, just imagine the horrid looking skins on the units (lovely - modders dream project), undead infantry/horseman (even chariots), ohhand not those bright green jokes in the film, ohh no, proper undead flesh handing off & bones poking through, plates of armour hanging off - give me the undead army & ill show the newest most played faction in this game pure cool.
    Sorry, itīs just too much.
    I,... I guess I am no sarcasm capable which matches your 'thoughts'.

Edit:
    Edit 2: I am slowly coming down realising what just happend.
    Last edited by Devils_Advocate; October 04, 2009 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post

Edit:
    D_A, I've detected a sudden increase in your sarcasm level during the past months, it's over 9000!

I see the Lotro snobs are here already, quite sad in their own way arnt they.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Actually you no what, you are all perfectly correct my grammar was very bad in my post, it was rushed & not properly implemented, especially since proffessors of Anglo Saxon are bound to be all over these forums given Tolkiens livelihood.

I can not quite understand if the grammar is the most offensive thing about my post or the actual idea, as i said realism issues belong in the books, its as if half of the forum are made up of actual Tolkien relatives, & have intelectual property rights over the mod.

I actually find it offensive to have some jumped up Tom, Dick & Harry no it alls, ridicule posts which they dislike, whilst pretending not to be pretentious snobs of the century.

Get a life.

Actually you no what, you are all perfectly correct my grammar was very bad in my post, it was rushed & not properly implemented, especially since proffessors of Anglo Saxon are bound to be all over these forums given Tolkiens livelihood.

I can not quite understand if the grammar is the most offensive thing about my post or the actual idea, as i said realism issues belong in the books, its as if half of the forum are made up of actual Tolkien relatives, & have intelectual property rights over the mod.

I actually find it offensive to have some jumped up Tom, Dick & Harry no it alls, ridicule posts which they dislike, whilst pretending not to be pretentious snobs of the century.

Get a life.
    Trust me, your grammar is fine compared to your idea.

This mod should actually stick to the lore, at least as much as now, and not become an Lotr bfme 3.

And yes, there are many lore issues already, and even some reasonable fan fiction. (For example rhun, of which we know not much from the books..)

But the army of the dead did fight only in one battle, and could only be summoned by one guy, and they weren`t able to say "Well lets simply attack.. well.. Dale!", and they are simply too strong to add them as an faction ingame.

If such an thing would be added, the claim of this mod to be an lotr game would be laughable.

But for such things, there`s always the possibility of making an sub-mod.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; October 05, 2009 at 01:47 PM.

Wolster, I for one support your idea. I tried to show these philistines the awesomeness of my goblin spider rider idea, too, and noone took it seriously. DESPITE the fact that, unlike certain ideas about dwarven cow chariots, giant evil spiders (like giant evil wolves that are also ridden) exist in Tolkien lore.

Now, just imagine how awesome it would be to have hordes of undead warriors alongside of evil goblins riding giant Shelob spiders, crushing the might of men and elves together! Anyway, our talents are wasted in this thread, we should move on to bigger and better things.

Thanks LordInquisitor, i actually agree my idea is far more sub mod material, & I loled heartily in a Gimli fashion at your post Twist, let me see what bigger things I can come up with

Get a life.
    Your prior, well spelled 'idea' was supposed to be serious? Wow - that makes it actually even more funny.
    Ok then; letīs move that 'idea' deep in the sub-mod section, shall we.

Place it on the 10th page please...

Icon10 Re: Army of Death - Vote Now

Thanks LordInquisitor, i actually agree my idea is far more sub mod material, & I loled heartily in a Gimli fashion at your post Twist, let me see what bigger things I can come up with
    I'm sorry, for making fun and acting like a lore-geek/snob. I agree it would be cool to be in A total war game but not in this one. In MY opinion that sort of unit/faction would not fit in this mod due to VERY LARGE lore inaccuracies and I think it would ruin the 'tactical' aspects of the game.

You are free to post your own ideas on my, account at least, in this forum. I have had my own moments too ... (Yurg Chariots for Dwarves )!

So, lets all forgive and be friends!

We should make a sticky:
    Units that will NOT be included in Vanille TA:TW:
    Dwarven Chariots.
    Army of the dead.
    Spider Riders
    etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffer Nl View Post
    We should make a sticky:
    Units that will NOT be included in Vanille TA:TW:
    Dwarven Chariots.
    Army of the dead.
    Spider Riders
    etc. etc.
    That would be killing the hope, sir. Why would you want to do that?

Edit:
    Edit 2: I am slowly coming down realising what just happend.
    Your prior, well spelled 'idea' was supposed to be serious? Wow - that makes it actually even more funny.
    Ok then; letīs move that 'idea' deep in the sub-mod section, shall we.
    Do you feel like your jokes are funny? Just curious.

I do not see anything inherently wrong with an undead faction. It would add variety. Hell, it might even be fun. But nooooooo, it does not fit in with the tolkien lore. There is nothing wrong with thinking that either, but expressing it as you do, treating the very idea of possibly implementing something that is possibly fun but not lined up with the lore, with contempt and derisiveness that you would show the suggestion of running a car with cheese, makes me sick. For heavens sake man, it is a video game, and this is a forum, if you have nothing to add to the discussion but your sarcasm then do not post.

Harumph.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Drugs are not very popular AFAIK.

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

I see something wrong with it, it's stupid. This is a LOTR mod, hence it tries to stay reasonably close to the lore. There is no basis in either the films or books to have an "undead faction". It's a stupid idea that does not belong in a LOTR mod, if you want to have an "undead faction" make a mod for Warhammer, they have 2 undead factions for you to choose from. You know what else would be "fun"? Having an Imperial guard faction from warhammer 40K stomping all of middle earth. It would be fun yes, but it does not belong in a LOTR themed mod, just like some Zombie undead faction does not belong.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius