View Poll Results: Army of Death in the game?

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Included as faction unit (for Gondor)

7 3.07%
  • Included as mercenary unit (for Gondor)

22 9.65%
  • Included as 'timed' event/recruited unit

69 30.26%
  • Included as ancillary for Aragorn

40 17.54%
  • Should not be included!

90 39.47%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Army of Death - Vote Now

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Army of Death - Vote Now

Ancillary is pointless, so if you're first going with an ancillary, then I just don't think you should make anything at all...

They should not have attack, cause fear and be pretty much impossible to slay...

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerJohn View Post
    Ancillary is pointless, so if you're first going with an ancillary, then I just don't think you should make anything at all...

They should not have attack, cause fear and be pretty much impossible to slay...
    I`m not sure, but i think that you can`t change the amount of fear they cause.

I wouldn't mind the addition of something to help out poor gondor. In most my games when I'm not playing Gondor, they lose half their provinces in the first 20-30 turns!

Naa but Army of Death can't be an option to help out Gondor. 'cause they only could be used once. They were released after they cleared their debt.

Maybe there could be an event, when an Invasion is called on Minas Tirith, and any random stack that besieges it, is just "gone with the wind"

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Garrison script that only defends Minas Tirith?

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Should not be included. IMO the player has to help Gondor, not scripts.

Inarus: there is already script for Minas Tirith. But there might be a small elite Gondor army (about 5-6 units) appearing if Minas Tirith is under siege (with an 80 year-old general leading them).
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I think that it should be a one-off event, only available to the leader of Gondor or Eriador; whichever one has Elendil's heir. Their only ability is causing utter fear/routing in the enemy (except Nazgul?) - they cannot inflict damage. And they disappear after one battle.

Hardly seems worth it. It would be a nice-to-have if someone wants to do it but definitely not at the expense of working on bigger and better things. A submod perhaps?
    Last edited by Withwnar; October 02, 2009 at 04:00 AM. Reason: "heir" not "ancestor"

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

I think one auto_win script would do fine helping out Gondor slighly, if we avoid it from being wasted on a minor battle, still there are other drawbacks.

I`m not sure, but i think that you can`t change the amount of fear they cause.
    It's something like "terrifies nearby enemy" or something... I don't remember.

And for making them disappear after one battle - just make it a general and "kill_character" him with a script after that battle
    And I think only Aragorn (and possibly any sons of Aragorn... or their sons) should be able to get the Army of the Dead.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

It's something like "terrifies nearby enemy" or something... I don't remember.
    The Druid/Chanting special ability? Like the Apache Medicine Men had in Kingdoms and the Aztec 'Priests' in M2TW.

And I think only Aragorn (and possibly any sons of Aragorn... or their sons) should be able to get the Army of the Dead.
    Aragorn, right, forgot about him. Not Gondor. Aragorn or, if dead, his heir.

Quote Originally Posted by kisbelaim View Post
    Should not be included. IMO the player has to help Gondor, not scripts.

Inarus: there is already script for Minas Tirith. But there might be a small elite Gondor army (about 5-6 units) appearing if Minas Tirith is under siege (with an 80 year-old general leading them).
    Is there already a script *sarcasm*. I MEAN A SCRIPT WITH THE DEAD IN! A new script. And how would you do the Aragorn appearance if he is still king of Eriador?

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Is there already a script *sarcasm*. I MEAN A SCRIPT WITH THE DEAD IN! A new script. And how would you do the Aragorn appearance if he is still king of Eriador?
    Yep, when I re-read your post, I've realised, but didn't edit my post, sorry for that.
    I meant the approaching army (if the AotD is to be included) can be led by the King of the Dead or something, not Aragorn (did I write anything about him?), can be decleared as the Army of the Dead, but IMO they are still not necessary in the game.
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Army of dead, sounds very good!
    But is it possiable to make such?

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    Army of dead, sounds very good!
    But is it possiable to make such?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=297078

Army of the dead should only be a temporary ancillary (one shot) to Aragorn, but they should have zero hit points in accordance with the book. Their presence should, however, invoke disasterous morale hit to opponents. (if possible). But if not possible, then don't waste the time.

As to the Barrow wights; In LOTR TW, Shelob was a localized assassin which appeared when Western forces came near Minas Morgull. I think something like this would be an interesting add-on to Third Age (if possible). And if possible, then you also have potential to add the watcher in the lake, as well.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

No ancillaries! Thery sucks becouse there are that stupid ancillary limit! Damn I hate it.
    But the idea about giving 0 attack to them so they cant kill but the enemy will flee like a dogs.
    That would be nice!

Hmm.. also death army as Aragorns bodyguard...

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    No ancillaries! Thery sucks becouse there are that stupid ancillary limit! Damn I hate it.
    But the idea about giving 0 attack to them so they cant kill but the enemy will flee like a dogs.
    That would be nice!

Hmm.. also death army as Aragorns bodyguard...
    I think giving them 0 attack isn`t possible, and i think you can`t change the amout of fear an unit causes with the "scares enemies" trait.

I cant understand why so many guys choosed "Should not be included!"

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

No, they should not be included. They just don't fit in a TW game.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    No, they should not be included. They just don't fit in a TW game.
    Neither do guns.

Shocked's Avatar Campidoctor

Lol I swear whenever I go on these forums evan frayling has made another thread/poll about some unit that would be a waste of time and/or impossible to make.