View Poll Results: Army of Death in the game?

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Included as faction unit (for Gondor)

7 3.07%
  • Included as mercenary unit (for Gondor)

22 9.65%
  • Included as 'timed' event/recruited unit

69 30.26%
  • Included as ancillary for Aragorn

40 17.54%
  • Should not be included!

90 39.47%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Army of Death - Vote Now

Default Re: Army of Death - Vote Now

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    I want them as Mercs but opinion is against me so...

WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS WRONG WITH THEM AS AN ANCILLARY?
    do you really need to shout...

btw i voted not at all maybe a submod , but really why waste time on such an unimportant topic when other aspects could be included/improved

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    They are included as the 'black riders' in the game.

They are only known as Nazgul whilst in the air... in person they are called 'The Nine'. I won't go further...
    Nazgul is black speech for "Ring-Wraith."

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

For the 1000000th time NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    I want them as Mercs but opinion is against me so...

WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS WRONG WITH THEM AS AN ANCILLARY?
    What's the point of having them as an ancillary? That's pretty much the same as leaving them out... I don't see the difference, except that one ancillary slot is taken away from Aragorn, and that's pretty much it...
    I'll give my opinion on your poll options:
    Included as faction unit (for Gondor)
    I think it's a bad idea, no matter AOR or unique unit you make them, they are going to turn up whenever and wherever you want and don't want them to.
    Included as mercenary unit (for Gondor)
    Well, the AI doesn't recruit mercs, so this may be usable, but still, I don't like this idea much... it's just wrong. It doesn't fit lore or gameplay, like the one above.
    Included as 'timed' event/recruited unit
    If we are going to let them in, this is the way I would choose them to be added, as some sort of scripted event. They may be a unit with low attack rate, high defence, lots of hit points that makes everyone run away, but they only last one battle and are gone afterwards via script, or else they may be some sort of auto_win attacker script for Aragorn only.
    Included as ancillary for Aragorn
    I think this idea is pretty stupid. Either we have an Army of the Dead, or we don't. As an ancillary it's just going to be some boring picture with pretty much no effect (and if it has an effect then that would be incredibly against lore). If it's going to remain an ancillary, I am at least going to remove the whole thing from my own mod files and never see the damned army in my mod again. If they are an ancillary, the only thing they will do to me is to make me a bit angry, a bit sad and quite annoyed whenever I check out Aragorn's traits and ancs. Not because they are there, but because they fill up a slot I could have something cool that actually fits as an anc, and that's what it does. I'll just think that I wished they included it in some other way or excluded it, because this is just unnecessary, and then I go check out someone esle of my characters in the campaign.
    Seriously, I'd prefer it to not be in at all rather than being a "picture at Aragorn's profile".

And if it was an anc, according to lore it should turn up when he reaches Erec/Dunharrow, and disappear right after the next battle he fights, and if you do it any other way you will still break with lore a lot, because Aragorn is going to walk around with the Army of the Dead hangin' around all the time. What's the point?
    Should not be included!
    Sure, better than an anc, merc or recruitable unit anyway. Some sort of event would be the best, but if not.

And if it was an anc, according to lore it should turn up when he reaches Erec/Dunharrow, and disappear right after the next battle he fights, and if you do it any other way you will still break with lore a lot, because Aragorn is going to walk around with the Army of the Dead hangin' around all the time. What's the point?
    I think if it was put in as an anc it would be more along the lines of "This man has tamed the undead, +whateverammount fear" rather than trying to imply he has extra fear for actually having them WITH him.
    Spoilers are evil, read spoiler below to find out why.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Information not found

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Ambition View Post
    I think if it was put in as an anc it would be more along the lines of "This man has tamed the undead, +whateverammount fear" rather than trying to imply he has extra fear for actually having them WITH him.
    That should just be included with Anduril/Narsil/whatever

Didn't a Neck-Romancer live in the southern mirkwood forest ....so surely there would be the Living-dead warriors around?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    Didn't a Neck-Romancer live in the southern mirkwood forest ....so surely there would be the Living-dead warriors around?

R
    Sometimes lack of lore knowledge is amusing.

Just google Sauron somewhere, wikipedia, ardapedia or some other tolkien portal.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

If included should be mercenary unit for men. They needn't be so powerful as in the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    If included should be mercenary unit for men. They needn't be so powerful as in the films.
    Please, no, event or nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Sometimes lack of lore knowledge is amusing.

Just google Sauron somewhere, wikipedia, ardapedia or some other tolkien portal.
    ok, thanks, i just learnt a bit more lore ..

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Here is a poll set up to see what proportion of you think how/if the Army the of the Dead should be included in the game.

There has been recent argument over this unit idea but statistics would look better, to catch up on the argument goto the original Army of Death thread.

Vote and disscuss...
    Nice work around the lock; and another (pointless) poll among a poll of polls.

I voted as a timed event/recruited unit.
    That is the best way the unit would fit in the game if it ever will be implemented. If not it's ok with me.
    An ancillary is quite stupid because I don't want to see Aragorn with a lot of dread.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Nice work around the lock; and another (pointless) poll among a poll of polls.
    Actually the lock was after he anounced he would make the poll.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

It could be a combined grouping of infantry, cavalry and missile mercenaries available at a certian date recruitable only by Eriador but in the North of Gondor South of Dunharrow. This would make it imperative that Eriador make alliances and military access with Rohan and Gondor so it can send a general there to recruit them.

To be in line with Lore only the heir to the Kings of Gondor can recruit the army of death. Stewards cannot.

I voted for them as mercenaries recruited by Gondor because it was the closest to my opinion.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Well, what about having it as a trait ... that way it still gets mentioned in the game but doesn't give Aragorn alot of dread and doesn't become a unit.

Well, what about having it as a trait ... that way it still gets mentioned in the game but doesn't give Aragorn alot of dread and doesn't become a unit.
    Okay, so it doesn't do that, but what does it do?

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

An ancillary seems okay to me but no further than that.

Add them but... they would be a unit that doesn't attack. It just causes fear and forces the enemy to rout. Like in the book.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Vikkus View Post
    Add them but... they would be a unit that doesn't attack. It just causes fear and forces the enemy to rout. Like in the book.
    Like priests in BI? I was thinking that.