View Poll Results: Army of Death in the game?

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • Included as faction unit (for Gondor)

7 3.07%
  • Included as mercenary unit (for Gondor)

22 9.65%
  • Included as 'timed' event/recruited unit

69 30.26%
  • Included as ancillary for Aragorn

40 17.54%
  • Should not be included!

90 39.47%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Army of Death - Vote Now

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Army of Death - Vote Now

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Crying shame that Barrow Wights are not

Army of Death should totally be in it though, each faction should have an uber unit, Wood Elves should have a unit of Ents (or eagles, LotR:TW had a very well done flying Nazgul unit), OotM should have a Balrog, Mordor could have Nazgul infantry or cavalry unit, High Elves should have massively powerful unit of First Age Elves, Gondor could have a large Army of Death unit, and Dwarves could have a rock hard unit of Dragonslayer type guys, Haradrim could have an Armoured Mumakil, Rhun could have armoured wainriders or something I guess. All just ideas of course, but would be standout features in the game without straying too far from lore. Cue all the abuse from those anal about lore lol
    Well, Army of Dead is what strays too fa from lore. And I'm not that anal about lore, I'm just on their side for this one.

I do agree with the wain riders though.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    Well, Army of Dead is what strays too fa from lore. And I'm not that anal about lore, I'm just on their side for this one.

Army of Dead "strays too fa from lore"? Are you kidding?

EDIT: There may be discussion on Army of Dead - was it purely spiritual or physical (like Nazguls and Wrights) but for shure there was Army of Dead who taked role in battle for Minas Tirith.
    Last edited by Ęsir; September 30, 2009 at 02:23 PM.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

Indefinitely Banned

Yeah, to fit in the Army of the Dead it would have to stretch lore a bit, but with added superunits for other factions, and with the proper balancing, I think that they could be included, even if only in a superunit submod.
    Would have to make the Army of the Dead beatable though, not so overpowered that they were in the books and movies lol.

Recruitable army of the dead? As others have said, too far from lore for me. But perhaps as some sort of event? Perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by Ęsir View Post
    Army of Dead "strays too fa from lore"? Are you kidding?

EDIT: There may be discussion on Army of Dead - was it purely spiritual or physical (like Nazguls and Wrights) but for shure there was Army of Dead who taked role in battle for Minas Tirith.
    Look man have you read the books? The Army of the Dead never fought at Minas Tirith. They were only used to scare the Pirates of Umbar out of the ships!

It was the heroic men of the west not some invincible ghost army that won the battle of Minas Tirith.

Indefinitely Banned

They were only used to scare the Pirates of Umbar out of the ships!
    There's actually quite a bit of debate on how combat effective the Army of the Dead really is because Tolkien was rather vague on what they did, all he said was something like "Drove the corsairs from their ships" but you are quite correct in that they never actually fought at Minas Tirith.

I'm lawyer in my real live, so it is my job to look for truth. So, if Tolkien did not mentoin are Army of Dead spiritual or physical we must follow the analogy (the case). 1. Nazguls are physical. 2. Barrow-wights are physical. 3. Is there any evidence that Army of Dead are not physical? No. So we must presume that Army of Dead IS physical (according on the case study).

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell

Icon10 Re: Army of Death - Vote Now

I'm lawyer in my real live, so it is my job to look for truth. So, if Tolkien did not mentoin are Army of Dead spiritual or physical we must follow the analogy (the case). 1. Nazguls are physical. 2. Barrow-wights are physical. 3. Is there any evidence that Army of Dead are not physical? No. So we must presume that Army of Dead IS physical (according on the case study).
    This isn't reality man! This is LOTR. So what if your expertise support that the Army of Dead are 'physical', do you have any proof against the FACT that they did not fight at Minas Tirith?!

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

WHO IN GOD'S NAME PUT "Should not be included"?

AN ANCILLARY IS LORE COMPATIBLE SO AT LEAST PUT THAT!

(I personally voted for Mercenary Army no matter what the lore said, if they did not kill with blades, THEY SCARED THE BUGGERS TO DEATH!)

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    WHO IN GOD'S NAME PUT "Should not be included"?

AN ANCILLARY IS LORE COMPATIBLE SO AT LEAST PUT THAT!

(I personally voted for Mercenary Army no matter what the lore said, if they did not kill with blades, THEY SCARED THE BUGGERS TO DEATH!)
    Calm down man ... we can't fix polls how you want 'em! I voted Ancillary so be happy.

This isn't reality man! This is LOTR. So what if your expertise support that the Army of Dead are 'physical', do you have any proof against the FACT that they did not fight at Minas Tirith?!
    As far I remember they did fight. The question is - did they fight sipitualy or physicaly.

EDIT: Have you realy read the book?

As far I remember they did fight. The question is - did they fight sipitualy or physicaly.
    Its irrelevent whether they fought spiritually or physicaly, it depends on the level of lore accuracy the addition to the game it will be and the level tactical sense.

Its irrelevent whether they fought spiritually or physicaly, it depends on the level of lore accuracy the addition to the game it will be and the level tactical sense.
    My English isn't good - so maybe you can translate it into simple English..

My English isn't good - so maybe you can translate it into simple English..
    What language you speak?

My mother language is Latvian, I speek German, Russian and English still your sentence is mystery to me..

Nav svarīgi, vai viņi cīnījās garīgi vai fiziski, tas ir atkarīgs no līmeņa mācība precizitāti, kvalitāti, papildus spēle būs un līmenis taktiskā ziņā.

Nav svarīgi, vai viņi cīnījās garīgi vai fiziski, tas ir atkarīgs no līmeņa mācība precizitāti, kvalitāti, papildus spēle būs un līmenis taktiskā ziņā.
    Next time Ęsir Google it, I presume that is what you did, Evan?

Wouldn't it be simpler if we all spoke one language? Ahhh no more French lessons... hold on I dumped French .

I do not understand the relevance of the cat, need to re-read the sentence.

Physical or not THEY DESERVE A PLACE IN THE GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    Next time Ęsir Google it, I presume that is what you did, Evan?

Wouldn't it be simpler if we all spoke one language? Ahhh no more French lessons... hold on I dumped French .

I do not understand the relevance of the cat, need to re-read the sentence.

Physical or not THEY DESERVE A PLACE IN THE GAME.
    Yep I google translated it. I hate French too. They do have a place in the game but NOT AS A UNIT.

It is impossible for bot to transle from English to Latvian because Latvian language is older for some 2000 years (like Indian sanscrit or Latin language) and have much wider vocabulary. In Latvian the words have only one meaning (one word - one meaning) so bot translation is not possible.

It is impossible for bot to transle from English to Latvian because Latvian language is older for some 2000 years (like Indian sanscrit or Latin language) and have much wider vocabulary. In Latvian the words have only one meaning (one word - one meaning) so bot translation is not possible.
    So what does what he translated mean?