Thread: Optimal Gaming

Default Optimal Gaming

Hi guys,

As you may have seen from my Dwarven AAR I'm playing through my first campaign in TATW 1.2, but to my dismay I've noticed all the submods for it!

What installation order/mods should I get that are (hopefully relatively bug free) to get the best experience from TATW?

Thanks

- Heskey

Default Re: Optimal Gaming

Well, I think this thread will probly get locked, but while it's still here, try Expanded Map. It adds new regions and winters.
    Spoilers are evil, read spoiler below to find out why.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Information not found

Why will it probably get locked?

There are a lot of mods out there, but many are incompatible with each other etc; it's a threat asking people to voice their opinions of good combinations of modifications to get the most out of Third Age Total War.

Why would it get locked...?

Not all submods are compatible. I'm currently trying RR/RC submod so far, and It's so far looking very good. Check out the thread for it in the submod forum, and if necessary bother Point Blank about the details It's a popular submod at the very least.

I've also heard of the Divide and Conquer submod, which divides the factions into more lore correct factions, but also changes alot of the gameplay, including removing the whole ecconomical system for training and upkeeping units.

As for the locking, well some moderator here has a great aversion to new versions of old threads. The policy is: If in doubt, lock it.

RRRC is a natural first choice.

`yeah RR/rc as it is a submod on its own but also brings a great deal of other submods all together in one package all carefully selected to maximise pleasure of TATW a one stop shop of good submods and then no worries on compatability

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Just a normal question of topic starter imho.

As mentioned, RR/RC is very nice (played vanilla for a long time, now busy with this submod for 1 week, and it's great!)

Thanks guys, will download the RR/RC Point Blank sub mod!

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

If I can suggest you, you should check the different sub-mod threads, read the posts and choose the most familiar one. In almost every sub-mod, you can see which files are being modified, so you can save the original files if you don't like the results.
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by FriendoftheDork View Post
    As for the locking, well some moderator here has a great aversion to new versions of old threads. The policy is: If in doubt, lock it.
    And I have a feeling that, since you said that, it won't get locked anymore, just to prove you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by axnsan View Post
    And I have a feeling that, since you said that, it won't get locked anymore, just to prove you wrong.
    Oh no! We're doomed! Moderator, why have you abandoned us?

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Jean would never abandon us. He would only abondon those who dare to criticize him, ignore him, insult him and those who

I have two TA:TW installations:

1. RC/RR+ Expanded Map compatible verison.

2. DAC.

RR/RC is a really good submod. And on top of that I have a missle-mini-mod, which makes it so fallen arrows dont disappear, its pretty nifty.

nifty to make arrows not disapear on the battle field all you need is a ; infront of the play time for animtaion found in the descr_effect_impacts file. A 2 second modification not recomended for people with low graphics who are already struggling to play TATW as it will add to lag(more models on screen more lag)

of note for my own tastes i also change the flaming arrow to have its original play time on flaming arrow in the ground then the same impact as a normal arrow and permanent for the fact the flaming part sticks into the ground so it should go out LOL

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

i have no sub mods at all anymore except the darth mod file that fixes cavalry charges. thats a must i think.

I'm a total Divide and Conquer junkie - an' the addiction is getting worse! Hi Ahlerich! Good to see you chopping some orc necks on the TATW boards...!

-- Tokus