To be placed here

Building Chain
    Building Chain

Technology Tree
    Technology Tree

Graphics Development
    Graphics Development

Mughal Empire
    The Mughals strength lies in its heavy cavalry, artillery and in Numbers. Their way of warfare is still rooted deep in the past.

The Mughal Empire is a remnant of the past. It relies on Numbers rather than qualities, but those it can supply. Melee Infantry, Lancers and Bowmen still play a part in their system. The Mughals' seemingly endless wealth, in money and in people, allows them to field giant armies of the Heaviest Cavalry, but also light Afghan auxiliaries are available. Firearm-infantry will not be able to stand up to European or Maratha troops in quality. The giant guns and rocket technology fielded by the Mughals however should not be underestimated.
    Last edited by PikeStance; November 04, 2014 at 01:26 AM.

Default Re: The Mughal Empire - Gameplay Discussion Thread

My favoritue faction to play

Just 1 bug I found so far - military alliance4money bug has been repaired for all factions except...Mughals vs Marathas. In one campaign I kept peace with them for about 40 turns(destroyed Portugal and Mysore) and had about 10k of income from them...I know its a bit pathetic , cheating and so forth, but gave my economical growth a real boost.
    Other then that - great faction to play. Mediocre infantry(except of the melee swordsman) is just an anchor to keep the enemy at bay and to give Your big guns time to reload + Ahadis - possibly 2nd best (after Polish Winged Hussars) cavalry in the game.
    Highly recommend a campaign on VH/VH with the Tyrants and Patriots mod - hard but really rewarding.

P.S. - You would never guess who kicked my ass in my last campaign as Mughals - I attacked UP fleet and few turns later I had a full scale invasion (fleets +2 stacks of army) of UP and the same of British, shortly followod by Portugesee - INCREDIBLE!!! Never happened before - shame I havent got any screenshots...

On N/N I was playing Mughals, and the British wanted one of my territories (don't remember which) for some money and a crappy island in America, so I obviously said no. Two or three turns later, a stack of British soldiers made landing after DoWing me.

Me likey =)

Default Re: The Mughal Empire - Graphics Discussion Thread

Do they use a different canister shot?

No, but since the ammount of bullets scales with gun size, it is just plain huge.

I never really liked playing with uber canister shot guns. Felt less satisfying than going in close and giving them a good 'ol fashioned volley-and-charge to the face.

Hi again.

Playing Mughals yet again (I just love them - VH/VH + TaP Mod and your biggest enemy is actually...your religious unrest) and this time I saw a full scale French invasion with no Dow - suddenly 2 full stacks of fleet with army landed on my west coast - WTF!?! I LOVE IT

Less satisfying?

Oh man when those things go off you just sort of shake your head in awe.

And then tremble in fear as the enemy advances, praying that you can get just one more shot off...
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

If people are able to provide concept art and pictures of Mughal Dress/soldiers/armor, then it would assist myself and Sir Caesar or other skinners to pursue work on the Mughals in future endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
    Less satisfying?

Oh man when those things go off you just sort of shake your head in awe.

And then tremble in fear as the enemy advances, praying that you can get just one more shot off...
    Hehe that's true. I've always felt that sence of panic as they close in and my artillery is still loading. But I just don't like that one shot can route multiple regiments in one volley =P But oh well. I do use artillery and I do use defensive artillery positions. Just not a huge fan =)

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    If people are able to provide concept art and pictures of Mughal Dress/soldiers/armor, then it would assist myself and Sir Caesar or other skinners to pursue work on the Mughals in future endeavors.
    I would be more than happy to do so :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

all these images date from the 18th Century, I am amazed that CA didn't use this when they were making the Mughals.I can provide more info if you want .
    Last edited by Babur; October 10, 2009 at 08:32 AM.
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Default Re: The Mughal Empire - Graphics Discussion

Why is eastern armor always so sextastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucan View Post
    Why is eastern armor always so sextastic?
    'Cause if you're going into battle with the Ottomans you want to look FABULOUS.

Thank you Chinggis Khan and Swerg. The Mughals can be rather complicated in their military nomenclature: Sowar means horseman, but it's also a military rank, for instance.

I do plan on revamping them in the future to better reflect the highly multi-ethnic nature of their 18th and late 17th century Military. And if we ever implement 'new factions', then the Rajput Confederacy, Nizam and Nawab successors are high up in the list. In addition, I am working on a concept which would greatly shake up recruitment and gameplay in India. Whether or not it will prove feasible to implement remains to be seen.

Thank you Chinggis Khan and Swerg. The Mughals can be rather complicated in their military nomenclature: Sowar means horseman, but it's also a military rank, for instance.

I do plan on revamping them in the future to better reflect the highly multi-ethnic nature of their 18th and late 17th century Military. And if we ever implement 'new factions', then the Rajput Confederacy, Nizam and Nawab successors are high up in the list. In addition, I am working on a concept which would greatly shake up recruitment and gameplay in India. Whether or not it will prove feasible to implement remains to be seen.
    well the problem with that Osprey is that it shows the Mughals from the 1500s to the 1700s and doesn't really focus on the 18th Century as such.

I want to see Saadat Khan,the Nawab of Awadh in this mod one day .

I would also like to see the Mughal faction capital to be changed to Shajahanabad (today Purana Dihli/Old Delhi),the one shown on the vanilla map is Akbarabad (Agra) which is 100% inaccurate for the 1700s.

I noticed that as well, but, if their armor is anything to go by, the uniforms probably didnt change a whole lot between the 1500's and the 1700's.

Still, that last panel is interesting, especially, to me anyway, the maratha infantryman. A blue tunic sort of thing with a mace...

And apparently they fought using giant lizards. Fascinating

Quote Originally Posted by Chinggis Khan View Post
    well the problem with that Osprey is that it shows the Mughals from the 1500s to the 1700s and doesn't really focus on the 18th Century as such.

I want to see Saadat Khan,the Nawab of Awadh in this mod one day .

I would also like to see the Mughal faction capital to be changed to Shajahanabad (today Purana Dihli/Old Delhi),the one shown on the vanilla map is Akbarabad (Agra) which is 100% inaccurate for the 1700s.
    Sadly it's not possible to edit the map at this time. The bes thing we could do is perhaps renam Akbarabad to Shajahanabad

Sadly it's not possible to edit the map at this time. The bes thing we could do is perhaps renam Akbarabad to Shajahanabad
    shame

well the problem is that Akbarabad (Agra) was and still is located a few hundred miles down the Yamuna from Delhi.In fact Delhi is shown as a little town in this game when in fact it was the capital!.

Jama Masjid (I took thic pic), built by Shah Jahan in the 17th Century,so it was around in ETW's time period:

Safdarjung Tomb near to where I used to live in Delhi,built in the 18th Century so actually in ETW's timeframe:

Lal Qila (Red Fort):

#

Nizamuddin Auliya Dargah in Nizamuddin,Delhi,the current complex shown was built by Akbar in the 16th Century

I would also like to see these added in future:

Shalimar Gardens in Lahore:

Akbar's tomb in Sikandra near Agra:

Babur's tomb complex in Kabul (I would love to visit here one day):

Lahore fort (the Alamgiri gate was built by Alamgir I/Aurangzeb in the 17th Century):

Jahangir's tomb in Lahore,it was built in the 17th Century so again it existed in ETW's timeframe :

Badshahi Mosque, built by Aurangzeb in the 17th Century in Lahore.

I guess best to wait until the map tools come out (if CA ever release them )
    Last edited by Babur; October 12, 2009 at 07:06 AM.

this is totally off topic in this thread, but moving settlements, or swapping minor/major ones is I think possible. it's just a matter of moving building slots. In theory you could put a school in town or put the different buildings of a region all over the map. The only major issue I can think of are the fortificaions.

I'm referring to this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=297576
    and this one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hp?t=272139#ab

You must do it yourself a bit though to understand how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    this is totally off topic in this thread, but moving settlements, or swapping minor/major ones is I think possible. it's just a matter of moving building slots. In theory you could put a school in town or put the different buildings of a region all over the map. The only major issue I can think of are the fortificaions.

I'm referring to this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=297576
    and this one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hp?t=272139#ab

You must do it yourself a bit though to understand how it works.

it's not off-topic ,that's very handy actually cheers .

Have you tried it yourself? and it would be able to convert a town to a city?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast