ID:	316537

Building Chain
    Building Chain

Technology Tree
    Technology Tree

Graphics Development
    Graphics Development

France
    French Infantry is not among the best. Their role is to be an anchor for much superior artillery and cavalry.

The French Line is like nearly all European States the backbone of their army, yet this metaphor is strengthened by the fact that native French Line favor a defensive-orientation in melee. Coupled with average shooting and average offensive 'esprit de corps', France's generals will need to rely on the drilled shooting and steadfast discipline of their Swiss regiments and offensive tenacity of their Irish, Scottish, and other foreign regiments. Whatever their origin the France's line remains an anvil to let the cavalry, the flower of the Ancien Régime, hammer the enemy. While lighter than the almost anachronistic style of Polish heavy cavalry and limited of those willing to wear the Cuirass, they remain a force dominated by those of medium and heavy horse with the same chivalrous spirit of the charge their ancestors favored.

As they were the nation so characterized by Revolution, their roster will undergo serious changes should the Monarchy fall. Replacing the numerous regal elites are an array of republican commoners blessed with high moral and aggressive zeal, yet not as well trained or patient as the king's men.
    Last edited by PikeStance; November 20, 2014 at 07:41 PM.

HopliteLysander's Avatar Civis

Default Re: France - Graphics Discussion

"Currently"...I like the sound of that!

Just to say that I like the Ottawa Scouts of Ornementum...

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

What do you think about a total retexture of the French troops? Some of uniforms are so unrealistic...

Domesticus

not likely, this mod is barely hanging on by a thread now, we recently had the person who took over the mod a few months ago dissapear and we are now trying to find another person to take over, i think we just recently found someone to do so, but they are newer at modding, and is doing priority stuff right now

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

You could use the Bourbon Units mod and/or Isileden's Ancien Regime textures? The Bourbon mod is very accurate for the cavalry in particular, almost all of which wore blue-red for in the 18th century.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Yep I already use the bourbon mod, but Ca forgot to change the uniforms after the Revolution, and I asked if any textures could replace the french milice

Default Re: France - Gameplay Discussion

Awwww, no love for France? All of a sudden I feel like playing as them. Anyone here played as them?

I've started a Campaign as the French, and it has been quite enjoyable so far. I've knocked out the Dutch and took their province in South America. I've also taken that Northern British Territory.

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro
    City of Lightning, Equator Emerald, 1st Level of Heaven

I think french should have mamluk unit like "Mamluks de la République", they even have mamluk as Imperial Guard
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

"He who has not seen it does not know the power of Islam." -Ibn Khaldun

Yes but only if you are based in Egypt, otherwise why would you see some Mamluks in France?

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

French should be able to recruit native auxiliaries.
    Those native auxiliaries should be of 2 types :
    • native faction units ;
    • specific French auxiliaries or troops ;

For instance, in Egypt, they should be able to recruit some Mamluks (as Ottoman or Mamluk faction elite auxiliaries units) and Copt troop as specific auxiliaries for Christian factions (Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant) like French.

We have 2 ways t do this :
    • using AOR
    • using buildings

Using AOR allow to recruit units in specifics areas.

But unit recruitment can be allow by building too and using buildings could allow to represent a colonisation processus.
    This need to have specific building tree for factions.
    • If you use the native building, you should be allow to recruit some native faction units.
    • If you replace native building by your own faction building, you should be able to recruit you specific auxiliaries units for instance.

For instance :
    • If you use the Ottoman stable in Egypt, you can recruit Mamluk cavalry ;
    • If you replace Ottoman stable with French stable in Egypt :
      • you cannot recruit Mamluk cavalry
      • you can recruit French dromedary regiment

What do you think about ?

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ⚓ Flikitos ⚓ View Post
    Yes but only if you are based in Egypt, otherwise why would you see some Mamluks in France?
    They're, Napoleon has mamluk as his personal guard, and mamluk is used in Europe like in Battle of Austerlitz, Napoleon Campaign in Belgia etc. it's not just like recruiting local unit, There's a special Mamluk corps in the French army, they even have their own uniform.
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

This mod isn't about Napoleonic wars though.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Heeehehe View Post
    They're, Napoleon has mamluk as his personal guard, and mamluk is used in Europe like in Battle of Austerlitz, Napoleon Campaign in Belgia etc. it's not just like recruiting local unit, There's a special Mamluk corps in the French army, they even have their own uniform.
    First, as emperor77 wrote, I don't think this mod will cover the Napoleonics wars.
    Second, Emperor's Mamluks were mostly composed of Mamluks from Egypt.
    Of course, when in Europe, it was not possible to raise new Mamluks from Egypt and European were recruited to replenish and only replenish the unit.
    So, you should not able to recruit Mamluk outside of Egypt, only replenish them.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    First, as emperor77 wrote, I don't think this mod will cover the Napoleonics wars.
    Second, Emperor's Mamluks were mostly composed of Mamluks from Egypt.
    Of course, when in Europe, it was not possible to raise new Mamluks from Egypt and European were recruited to replenish and only replenish the unit.
    So, you should not able to recruit Mamluk outside of Egypt, only replenish them.
    yes they're from egypt, i don't say they can be recruited from france , what i mean is some kind of mamluk unit unique to france. I never playing as france in Imperial Splendour campaign (I'm still playing Morocco Campaign ) so i don't know if there's a mamluk unit unique for france, but i don't see it in "play battle" mode, so i give a suggestion about making that kind of unit. it's just a sugestion sory if there's wrong or harsh word I don't mean it, my english is not too good, Thanks; may the next release of IS will be better than this already good mod

Patrician Artifex

French Mamluck didnt' have a specific uniform untill 1806, at least.

Republic's Mamluks uniforms : 1801-1805

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro

French Mamluck didnt' have a specific uniform untill 1806, at least.

Republic's Mamluks uniforms : 1801-1805

Yes it's, I don't really understand ETW system, I don't know what year "late period" in the game begin. Late period begin earlier than 1800 AD?

Patrician Artifex

ETW is about XVIIIth century, not XIXth.
    For France, we can consider :
    • Early XVIIIth century : 1700-1734
    • Middle XVIIIth century : 1734-1763/67
    • Late XVIIIth century : 1767-1799 but mostly based on 1786 ordinnance for Monarchy and 1791/1794 ordinnances for Republic

To determine those era, it is necessary to take uniform and army roster evolution into consideration.

French military ordinnances that define army organisation and uniforms were :
    • Infantry
      • before 1720
      • 1734 : modification of uniforms
      • 1762 : deep modifications into the army roster and introduce "Prussian-like" uniform
      • 1779 : last ordinnance of the monarchy
      • 1791 : deep modification into the army roster and simplification of uniforms
    • Cavalry
      • 1740 : modification of the army roster
      • 1767 :very deep modifications into the army roster, introduce new uniforms
      • 1786 : very deep modifications into the army roster
      • 1794 :

Early uniforms should be very influenced by Louis XIV.
    Middle XVIIIth uniform should be representative of the most important war of this time : the Seven Years' War.
    Late uniforms should be representative of the end of the Monarchy and, on hte other hand, of the new Republic.

I'm maybe wrong, but I think this is coherent/consistent.

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro

ETW is about XVIIIth century, not XIXth.
    For France, we can consider :
    • Early XVIIIth century : 1700-1734
    • Middle XVIIIth century : 1734-1763/67
    • Late XVIIIth century : 1767-1799 but mostly based on 1786 ordinnance for Monarchy and 1791/1794 ordinnances for Republic

To determine those era, it is necessary to take uniform and army roster evolution into consideration.

French military ordinnances that define army organisation and uniforms were :
    • Infantry
      • before 1720
      • 1734 : modification of uniforms
      • 1762 : deep modifications into the army roster and introduce "Prussian-like" uniform
      • 1779 : last ordinnance of the monarchy
      • 1791 : deep modification into the army roster and simplification of uniforms
    • Cavalry
      • 1740 : modification of the army roster
      • 1767 :very deep modifications into the army roster, introduce new uniforms
      • 1786 : very deep modifications into the army roster
      • 1794 :

Early uniforms should be very influenced by Louis XIV.
    Middle XVIIIth uniform should be representative of the most important war of this time : the Seven Years' War.
    Late uniforms should be representative of the end of the Monarchy and, on hte other hand, of the new Republic.

I'm maybe wrong, but I think this is coherent/consistent.
    Ok, thanks. hmmm i think i've write a wrong suggestion , sory about that

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast