Thread: Fundamental question

Default Fundamental question

Dear Forum,

Since I´m looking for a new RTW-challenge (after playing RTW, BI, RTR Gold, Europa Barbarorum and SPQR) I have a very important question on Imperator II:
    How stable is this mod?

Regards Marcel

Default Re: Fundamental question

I'ld say not very stable... Several units lack sprites, if you rightclick the wrong unitdescription in the buildingbrowser you get CTDs, and unless you get the fix, the game will crash in the 2nd battle. I only tried it a few years in the beginning, really tried to get this baby running as it should, but at the end I figured it was too much for me... Imo this is mod needs more work to be stable. I like the idea and this mod has potential, but as it is its not for me atleast...

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ejergard View Post
    I'ld say not very stable... Several units lack sprites, if you rightclick the wrong unitdescription in the buildingbrowser you get CTDs,
    This CTD has nothing to do with sprites, and apparently was something introduced in later patches of RTW. When a unit requires 2 or more buildings to train, eg. an auxilia building and stables, when one right clicks on the unit from the building browser, the game CTDs. This wasn't apparent in the vanilla game because the barracks, stables and practice field lines of buildings were independent of each other.

I was referring to 2 different things, there are units lacking sprites. But this thing with the crash though, you have my apologies, I wasn't aware of the cause, only that I've only experienced it in Imp2, not in any other mod. This said though, I haven't tried "vanilla" RTR.