Thread: A GUIDE AND UNITS (new player)

Default A GUIDE AND UNITS (new player)

hello guys, I discover the mod some days ago, and I thinks is good, but I dont understand the basic FAQ, i have been looking for the forum but i havent found anything. where can i take some thing?

and if it is possible i hope a guide with the feature of the units (atack, defense, special feature, live etc etc), i dont find anything too.

well, i´m spanish so if there is some guide in spanish it´s very good, if it is impossible i try with english guide.

the last thing: what is the building that i need for make archers? i wath for built the barrack (for infantery) and the stable (for caballery) but i dont know where make archers

very thanks

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: A GUIDE AND UNITS (new player)

There is not such a guide.

For some general and some special information:

You can look into the old readme's (included in the chivalry folder), ie. the v0.50 readme.
    Even so, in the main thread (info+download), you can find a huge FAQ link at the bottom of the post (ChivTW museum).
    ... which reflects though mainly the older versions, but some points are still valid.

All in all, you should use the option to check out all buildings (building-tree button) per settlement.
    Different units are available via different buildings.
    And then, you can view the unit info via right-click on the unit-line.
    There is not anymore such a simple unit/building-tree like in RTW vanilla in this mod,
    like all melee foot units via barracks, skirmishers via range-barracks, and all cavalry via equestrian-barracks.
    This is a realism mod with a high reflection of historical backgrounds, also and especially for the tech-tree.

As new Chiv player, you might need some time to find into that gameplay-system. Any historical knowledge on
    your side
    will increase the immersion within this game.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 29, 2009 at 11:49 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Da Vinci, first of all, congratulations... this is the best medieval mod for Rome.
    I wanted to ask if there is any way I can modify the color of the text in the unit and building descriptions and make it black,because with it's current color it's not so easily readable.

Thanks.

Patrician Artifex

It is possible, but i don't know currently how. Perhaps you ask in the RTW mod workshop. And then let us know how it goes, because perhaps we will addapt it.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Which faction do you want it for? I can probably go over the units for a faction, but in Chiv there are "way" too many units to cover everything.

Of course I tend to have my own idea on how to use units, but that's always the case ...

OK, thanks, my first game has been with leon (spanish), but the next perhaps it will be with england, france or another
    i need all that you can give me. i will be very grateful to you.

another problem is that anybody wants to sing the peace with me, and when i conquist a city that before was musulman i have a lot of riots (i read something about, and i resolve it destroying islam building and discharging some of my own units into the city)

really the mod is very well, i´m loving it. XD

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

i have a problem. had to reboot the comp, so i installed chiv again. but how do i turn on the manage all settlements? the option isn't there anymore!
    proud norwegian

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by thoscme View Post
    i have a problem. had to reboot the comp, so i installed chiv again. but how do i turn on the manage all settlements? the option isn't there anymore!
    Though, it is:

- start first the Main Campaign menu, there you can choose it and then it is valid also for the Additional Campaign

or

- via the chivalry/preferences/preferences.txt file. There you can do that as well if you change FALSE to TRUE at the concerning line.

or

- via ESC - Game Options, in the campaign

okay, thanks!

but, in the chivalry/preferences/preferences.txt file, there is nothing.. it's all empty..!
    and when i try to edit it, vista says i cannot. do you have any idea why this is happening?
    proud norwegian

Patrician Artifex

Run first the Main Campaign, and see above once more my post.

If Vista makes any anger in this regard i cannot help as i do not apply that OS. For this purpose and help, you could check the RTW/BI tech help forum, as it is not a mod specific issue. Our mod works as every other mod which is modfoldered.

thanks for the help, it works now!
    proud norwegian

I haven't forgotten about the unit guide thing - however for some reason Chiv seems to not like my computer.
    It just occured to me that I could identify units via custom battle, though. (Instead of having to struggle with random campaign crashes).

Now to get through all my reports.

OK, dont worry, i am going to check the spanish units units, and if i would play every days (i havent enough time) i conquest all Iberia peninsula.

the next game i will play with england, i imagine that more people has play with them and there will be some guide of units and FAQ for this faction, no?

Patrician Artifex

We have no guides, the only source of that sort would be AAR's.

EDIT: Check the sticky that is up there
    Last edited by Alavaria; October 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM.