Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brightworks Mod 2.0 released!

Semisalis

Default Re: Brightworks Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksmarshal View Post
    It could be the colonial version, they have different stats and have their own slot for ui. Can you post a screen shot, so I can see what your talking about it may be something I can fix and put in version 2.0.

thanks
    Certainly, this is the starting unit of line infantry you get, with the correct new UI image and slightly higher stats.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/514...0815434698.jpg

All new recruited line infantry units look like this:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/799...0815435514.jpg

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by Shāhānshāh View Post
    Certainly, this is the starting unit of line infantry you get, with the correct new UI image and slightly higher stats.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/514...0815434698.jpg

All new recruited line infantry units look like this:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/799...0815435514.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics, I will look into the issue and will have a solution for this in the 2.0 version.

Icon6 Re: Brightworks Mod

does this work on version 1.5???

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by nzmaori View Post
    does this work on version 1.5???
    I haven't had any problems running on 1.5, but the mod was built using the 1.4 file system. I will be releasing a 2.0 version Monday/Tuesday that is much cleaner and will be for the 1.5 patch.

I haven't had any problems running on 1.5, but the mod was built using the 1.4 file system. I will be releasing a 2.0 version Monday/Tuesday that is much cleaner and will be for the 1.5 patch.
    In you new release is it possible to use nizam's skins for the nizam i cedit infantry as they both look great and are historicaly correct?

Hey I've noticed that the 64 pounder cannon has a similar problem to the organ gun as the wheels disappear when you zoom out. Would it be possible for you to fix this in your mod as well?

thanks.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by kingfish2008 View Post
    Hey I've noticed that the 64 pounder cannon has a similar problem to the organ gun as the wheels disappear when you zoom out. Would it be possible for you to fix this in your mod as well?

thanks.
    I will take a look and see what I can do.

Edit: this will be fixed in 2.0!
    Last edited by Kinjo; October 11, 2009 at 10:28 AM.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very good idea and good job! I hate these little graphical bugs!
    Rep mate!

What was the problem with the organ gun, how did you correct the model vanishing when zooming out? Currently having a problem with native indian musketmen for british, they keep vanishing when zoomed out think a mod may be causing it looking for a solution and want to know where I start looking.

Thanks in advance

is this new file that u have talked about?
    u said u will upload one on monday~
    Last edited by nzmaori; October 11, 2009 at 06:38 PM.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by El-Vi-Riachi View Post
    What was the problem with the organ gun, how did you correct the model vanishing when zooming out? Currently having a problem with native indian musketmen for british, they keep vanishing when zoomed out think a mod may be causing it looking for a solution and want to know where I start looking.

Thanks in advance
    Lod 1 is broken which is the highest detailed model for the organ gun, when you zoom in close the wheel disappears and when you zoom out the cannon disappears altogether. As for the musketmen I will take a look at them tomorrow and will try to include a fix in 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by nzmaori View Post
    is this new file that u have talked about?
    u said u will upload one on monday~
    I will be testing all of new fixes tomorrow for 2.0 and if all goes well I will release the new batch of fixes late Monday or early Tuesday.

Thanks! keep up the good work!

Lod 1 is broken which is the highest detailed model for the organ gun, when you zoom in close the wheel disappears and when you zoom out the cannon disappears altogether. As for the musketmen I will take a look at them tomorrow and will try to include a fix in 2.0
    Very kind of you, like I said the problem doesnt seem to appears so far into a campaign with mods, not sure if its broken anyway. But hey if you find something and put out a fix I will give it a go
    +Rep

Any posibility to release the organ gun fix as a seperate file for people like me who are pleased with the game exept from the fact that the ottomans seems to have invented some kind of spygun wich makes itself invisible if you try to study it?

This would give me much joy

The attached pic is what I keep getting its annoying.

Narrowed it down, it only seems to be happening in campaign mode, not in quick battle which is weird
    Last edited by El-Vi-Riachi; October 12, 2009 at 05:45 PM.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by El-Vi-Riachi View Post
    The attached pic is what I keep getting its annoying.

Narrowed it down, it only seems to be happening in campaign mode, not in quick battle which is weird
    hmm ... I thought these units were not available in custom battles, I had to add them in. We will have to see if the changes take effect on the campaign map but I'm pretty sure I have fixed the problem of them disappearing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Re: Brightworks Mod 2.0 released!

Ok 2.0 is up and is fully compatible with the 1.5 patch, for more info on 2.0 see the first post.

http://www.filefront.com/14714533/Brightworks-2.0.rar/

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by SODK View Post
    Any posibility to release the organ gun fix as a seperate file for people like me who are pleased with the game exept from the fact that the ottomans seems to have invented some kind of spygun wich makes itself invisible if you try to study it?

This would give me much joy

No problem, you just have to place the script in the script file.

hmm ... I thought these units were not available in custom battles, I had to add them in. We will have to see if the changes take effect on the campaign map but I'm pretty sure I have fixed the problem of them disappearing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yeah sorry I changed my file so I can get them in custom battle, spent days testing trying things to try and correct this bug which seemed to only appear after 1.4 but no joy.

Will test this when I get home and report back. If its fixed you sir are a legend.

Will let you know, thanks again for all your help mate.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Brightworks Mod 2.0 released!

With version 2.0 is this mod still language compatible, meaning no actual unit description has been touched, just the skins and the UI pictures? It matters for all non-english versions of the game. Thanks in advance.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast