Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prussia - Information & Discussion

Default Re: Prussia - Graphics Discussion

OMG Wangrin, how did you get the book?! I've been looking for this book since month! I'm jealous xD

Great information. Now Megasalexandros, you can make a Prussian roster that kick ass!

It's nice to see that most of the time, the infantryman, the officer and the musician have different colors... LOL More work for you...

Also, the Prussian weren't using Bosniak or Tartar units at this early period? They had no hussars then?

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

No, If I remember, Prussian King raise his first hussar regiment around 1720.
    As the early roster is about 1700-1715, they will have no hussars, contrary to Austrian and French.

Tartar were use after the SYW, so, they will be available only for late Prussian.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Prussia - Gameplay Discussion

There never was any discussion of how good Prussians are at melee, due lack of discussion i guess they were average, and with "iron morale" slightly stronger in 1vs1 fight- but their lack of men makes them average again.
    Correct?

EDIT: oh, and does Prussia get acces to 200 men regiments? After research where you can recruit foreigns to fight in your ranks you could get regiment with 200 men, slightly worse stats than Prussian Line Infantry but still better than other nations. Historically this never happened, but i think it would make sense gameplay wise
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; October 27, 2013 at 05:22 AM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    There never was any discussion of how good Prussians are at melee, due lack of discussion i guess they were average, and with "iron morale" slightly stronger in 1vs1 fight- but their lack of men makes them average again.
    Correct?

EDIT: oh, and does Prussia get acces to 200 men regiments? After research where you can recruit foreigns to fight in your ranks you could get regiment with 200 men, slightly worse stats than Prussian Line Infantry but still better than other nations. Historically this never happened, but i think it would make sense gameplay wise
    this is maybe true for Sweden but Prussia. Clearly Prussias only time when they had a lack of manpower was towards the end of the SYW but no wonder. Well and I don't think that the Prussians where average in the late period, for sure there was a time when the Prussians where far better trained then any other army in the world but this was back in the early 18th century under Friedrich Wilhelm.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Melee was not that important during XVIIIth century, and then, moral and cohesion factors where the most important ones.

Prussian army was good during SYW and even better during SYW (disciplined, very good firing drill), but outdated during FRW (French Revolutionary Wars).
    They didn't really evolve after SYW, when other countries, and particularly France, develop new weapons and new warfare/tactics.

Unit size will be very similar if not the same between factions.
    It is necessary due to gameplay.

As we consider that 1 unit is equivalent to 1 battalion, we should approximately have similar size (using a x1/3 to x2/3 factor).
    And because all factions have the same maximum number of unit in armies, giving different sizes to units depending of faction would be game breaker, some factions being too much powerful on the battlefield and others too weak, only because of unit size.
    Last edited by wangrin; October 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

A wonderful contemporary album with the uniforms of the army of Friedrich the Great from Dresden collection:
    http://digital.slub-dresden.de/en/wo...0%2Findex.html

Is there a way to avoid being declared war on by Austria, Saxony & Poland/Lithuania all in the space of 4/5 turns? I basically got destroyed, and lost the game within about 10 years.

I put settings to H/H which maybe was too high. Upgraded military tech, and then worked on agriculture. Secured a trade ship to south america, and trade deals all over.

I suppose I best keep practising !

Don504's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Skanza View Post
    Is there a way to avoid being declared war on by Austria, Saxony & Poland/Lithuania all in the space of 4/5 turns? I basically got destroyed, and lost the game within about 10 years.

I put settings to H/H which maybe was too high. Upgraded military tech, and then worked on agriculture. Secured a trade ship to south america, and trade deals all over.

I suppose I best keep practising !
    Well, you can always turn the campaign difficulty down, and focus more on military and navy than trade ships. A colony also helps for money needs...

Explore the word and conquer it all.

You can google
    Blitzkrieg: Early Prussian Campaign Guide

it worked like a charm for me, i allied with Hannover on turn 1 so i wouldnt have to worry about Brandenburg,
    maxed out tax first few rounds to fund an additional strike on Courland, all research & investment went into infantry & agriculture,
    make good use of the excellent ministers, and conquer central Europe within a few turns.

Invaded West Prussia, lagged, then crashed mid-battle while doing battle with Polish militia.

7/10 was a very beautiful battlefield until the crash.

Default Re: Prussia - Information & Discussion

~Prussian envoys~

Johann Eustach Graf von Görtz (1737 1821)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

~Prussian military commanders (that weren't added)~

Friedrich Ludwig Fürst zu Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen, Fürst zu Hohenlohe-Öhringen (1746 - 1818)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Cro_Hunger999; February 23, 2017 at 07:20 AM.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Late era faction description by Cro_Hunger999 added in the OP.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Foederatus

On a quick note, in RoR the "Der Ganze Tod" hussars seem to be dismissed. Because they represent rather the Seven Years War army than the RoR-era? That would make sense, but they still existed (8th Hussars), and since you've got a pretty nice skin, why not leave them in with maybe a bit nerved stats? Another reason would be, they were lead by Blücher, before he was in command of whole armies. Accordingly you could keep the 2nd Hussars from IS 2.2.1b, they also continued to exist until the catastrophic defeats in 1806. But the regular yellow coated hussars aren't bad at all, no complaints here .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234