Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morocoo - Information & Discussion

Default Re: Morocoo - Gameplay Discussion

Nasrani is Arabic for Christians (though it may refer directly to Arab Christians, not "Christians" in arabic). They should fight with mass fire only as a sort of "levy line" option for Muslim invaders.

Morocco and non-ottoman expansion into Europe will be getting tweaked a bit soon. Not repolished per se (which insinutates a complete revamp), but I came into very valuable and extensive information which better explains the nature of Muslim-Christian relations in fighting together.

Good note of the bug, we'll look into that.

Default Re: Morocco - Graphics Discussion

Fantastic work on this faction!
    Was a very welcome change from the European style of clothing.

Morocco is a hard nation to play if your on the right difficulty. I play H/N.

The only realistic expansion at start is moving on the barbary states, albeit not the best regions, they do offer you oppotunities. Best to not try and take on Spain or the Ottoman Empire until later for a few reasons.

- bad starting army compared to there ability to generate big navies and armies
    - Moroccan units generally have poor morale compared to most of the Spanish and Ottoman units, especially when attacked by cavalry (Spain uses a fair few)
    - poor technology due to not possesing a school for a bit unless you want to demolish a present building on a town.

One economic strategy you might try for is getting off a fair sized trade fleet fast since Morocco is so close to many trade locations.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Morocco is a fun faction to play as kudos , i kicked the Spanish outta Spain and after converting a significant amount of their population, they're finally embracing Moroccan rule. I own all of North Africa, and the Maratha decided to give me Karnataka for trade, which i totally don't mind, and from Egypt i am poised to take both Palestine and Syria in one fell swoop, also France decided to make war, they will regret it ^_^. I like the cavalry Morocco has to offer, even though i like to command infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Morocco is a fun faction to play as kudos , i kicked the Spanish outta Spain and after converting a significant amount of their population, they're finally embracing Moroccan rule. I own all of North Africa, and the Maratha decided to give me Karnataka for trade, which i totally don't mind, and from Egypt i am poised to take both Palestine and Syria in one fell swoop, also France decided to make war, they will regret it ^_^. I like the cavalry Morocco has to offer, even though i like to command infantry.
    Cool , are you looking to expand overseas? That would be really interesting to see what happens. and I like using Infantry over cavalry, I'm going to try Morocco sometime.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_SAFC View Post
    Cool , are you looking to expand overseas? That would be really interesting to see what happens. and I like using Infantry over cavalry, I'm going to try Morocco sometime.
    go for it, theyre fun to play as, and yes i intend to make North America less Britishy, Frenchy, and Spanishy

Citizen

and the blue uniforms of some of the units and officers doesn't hurt either (blue's my favorite color )

we made special colonial units for islamic factions! I hope you get to see them (oh, and I hope they work)

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    we made special colonial units for islamic factions! I hope you get to see them (oh, and I hope they work)
    awsome, i'm totally gonna send a force to america next time i play

Darth Pooh's Avatar Civis

Playing as Morocco has been so far my best personal gaming experience with E:TW. I only pitied that I wasn't able to recruit wider variety of units, e. g. Cairo Jannissaries or Mamelukes. IMO if the player is able to reach as far as Egypt, his faction is no longer seen as a ragtag semi-nomadic horde of tribes from the outskirts of Maghreb but rather an emerging Panarabic Khalifate, so he should be able to recruit more AoR units not to mention that even Christian factions can recruit special Egyptian units when they conquer Egypt. Apart from that it was a perfect game. Onwards, Morocco!

EDIT: I've stumbled upon Adrian74's Morocco Unit Booster mod. Is there a way how to add his nice units into an IS mod?
    Last edited by Darth Pooh; November 22, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're a/an (insert a censored word ).

There is no easy way. With a little modding you can do it though. Just arrange the stats to match IS stats and make sure to add them to areas of recruitment. Don't remove any existing units!

You find more details here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=332238

Darth Pooh's Avatar Civis

Thank you, Lazy Knight, for your answer, but I think I'll leave the modding for professionals I'm such a noob that now I'm struggling even with a simple problem to make the vanilla work again (I've checked the script files, uninstalled everything, later I tried to reinstall the game - my Steam is downloading the files as we speak). Anyway I can't wait to play ISIII
    Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're a/an (insert a censored word ).

=Prince Nuada='s Avatar Semisalis

Awesome! Can we also get a full new unit roster in the first post please?
    Cheers.

РОССИЯ | PREUßEN | ÖSTERREICH

Default Re: Morocoo - Information & Discussion

Sultans of Morocco

Mohammed III (1710 - 1790)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yazid (1750 – 1792)

Mulay Slimane (1766 – 1822)
    Last edited by Cro_Hunger999; July 13, 2017 at 05:24 PM.

Ducenarius

Default Re: Morocoo - Information & Discussion

Hello! I love IS. Of my near 2800 hours on ETW, the majority of it is through this mod.

I have been starting a campaign as Morocco recently. I have done so in the past, and I thought I remember being able to recruit artillery before? However the Tangier Foundry chain cannot create me any arty. Is there a way to enable this, am I missing something, or can I perhaps recruit arty in other regions/building tiers?

Thank you for any assistance in trouble shooting this!

In the meantime I am going to make Republic of Savoy and make everyone angry with my awesome Barbets
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12