Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

VikingHorde's Avatar Tiro

Originally posted by Dev16@Jul 22 2004, 08:00 AM
    I can help you since i am webdesigner and would have done the mod myself but ... not enough time for that. No credits required, just wanna se a good mod *bow*
    All who helps with the mod will be credited in the readmefile. I have been lucky enoght to get some help from time to time with some good info. It's often hard to find names for generals, units and stuff, so it's good to get some help.

Shadow_Praetorian

Damn it, if you guys where not so far into it, I would have help you guys with the map!!!!!
    DAMN IT!

Dev16

Yo, VikingHorde, I have sent you the e-mail. Let me know if you didn't understand something or have further questions.

Damn it, if you guys where not so far into it, I would have help you guys with the map!!!!!
    DAMN IT!
    Well, im sending out a "beta" soon. I call it a beta, becouse im still trying to improve the AI (and maybe add more units). The map might change a bit, but we will see.

Yo, VikingHorde, I have sent you the e-mail. Let me know if you didn't understand something or have further questions.
    Yepp, got the mail, good stuff. Some of the names I had were correct but need to edit others. The names I have was taken from miniature models of units one the net. Thats why it's pretty cool get the info you had *bow*
    I'll let you know if I run into problems.

*cheers*

Ah, I can't wait for this mod!!
    Besides RTW, this is one my little main gaming event in the summer

Originally posted by Rusty Catapult@Jul 24 2004, 04:16 PM
    Ah, I can't wait for this mod!!
    Besides RTW, this is one my little main gaming event in the summer
    Well, Im going to uploade a beta today. It's a beta becouse im still working on ways to improve the AI. I allso need to make new info pics for some units and the mod is a little hard to balance alone

*cheers*

Woww!!!!

Now I haven't played my Lithuanians for a little time, but I got invaded by cumans and retreat. Then I won them and faced Russian invasion that I defeat after an earlier defeat and currently my raiding force is returning from Poland after successfull raids. Damn it's fun, but sometimes kinda slow. Improvements are slow since my army is too big. But this makes for an more entertaining game.

This mod has really been improving since I last looked at the thread. I must say that this a tremendous thing that you are doing. Congratulations and good going Vikinghorde and co.

Thanks Jomsviking, im sure you will love the 2.0 version. :0!

Im uploading a beta right now. It's a beta becouse im still working on the improving the AI and need to make info pics for the new units. I would like to get feedback on the mod, so that I can add the improvements for the final. There are still room for about 20 units, so if anyone have good ideas then let me know. Allso, I like to add more buildings and hope to get some good ideas.

*cheers*

New buildings...?
    Hmm... tough one...

One thing that does pop into my head would be a sorta academy or estate that gives +1 command to ships built in that province. Maybe it could be called 'Marine Academy' or ' Commodore's Estate'. The latter seems more of a title-giving building, though, just like a Marshal's palace. It could simply require a citadel to build this.
    Maybe a plain 'academy' just for boosting discipline (+1). It could be a tree of 3 academies which starts at the Keep level. I know there is already the military academy, but the bonus that this building provides could be (if possible) a +1 valour AND +1 discipline...

Well... I know they're not great ideas... Hopefully, this would 'inspire' anyone else. :ph34r:

As for units, maybe an additionnal infantry unit for the Germans. I'm no history buff, but I heard that the HRE had some pretty tough heavy infantry which gained a certain reputation (until it was mopped by spanish infantry by the end of the 15th century).
    I always wanted to have some sword unit for western factions for the Late period, just like the Feudal Men-At-arms in Early and the Chivalric Men-At-Arms for High... Royal/Imperial Men-At-Arms?
    A spear unit for the Byzantines would be nice too (I don't remember if they already have one in the mod...

I have added a link to the download of XL 2.0 on page one. It has a size of 145MB, so it's a big one

I always wanted to have some sword unit for western factions for the Late period, just like the Feudal Men-At-arms in Early and the Chivalric Men-At-Arms for High... Royal/Imperial Men-At-Arms?
    A spear unit for the Byzantines would be nice too (I don't remember if they already have one in the mod...
    Could be a cool idea, i'll check the historical data. The byz has armoured spearmen in my new mod

Cool mod VikingHorde - looking forward to playing version 2.0 beta

Hi, my first post here but I've been reading the forums for quite a while.

I have installed your version 1.2 mod and I think it's great. I'm downloading the beta 2.0 now and can't wait until it'S done. I'll try and give some feedback after I tried v 2..
    *cheers*

Thanks for the replyes, I hope you guys like the mod. It lacks some new info pics, buildings and units, but this beta will speed up the release of the final version. The beta should be more or less bug free.

Hi,

uhm, I don't know if it is a bug or if it just was bad luck... I installed the version 2 beta and started game, no problem so far. I then saw that I forgot to change the name in the Loc folder ( I'm playing the german version of MTW ) but anyway I tried to start custom battle. I chose the Scots and when I came to the unit selection screen and clicked on the cavalry symbol I got a lock up. Restarted comp and now the game won't start again. No error message, nothing. I tried to reinstall the mod but that didn't work.
    Well, now I have deleted MTW and just found out that I gave my MTW cd to a mate *gun*
    Wish I had started campaign mode first; now I've got to get my MTW disc back *squash*

Originally posted by Spatha@Jul 26 2004, 03:50 PM
    Hi,

uhm, I don't know if it is a bug or if it just was bad luck... I installed the version 2 beta and started game, no problem so far. I then saw that I forgot to change the name in the Loc folder ( I'm playing the german version of MTW ) but anyway I tried to start custom battle. I chose the Scots and when I came to the unit selection screen and clicked on the cavalry symbol I got a lock up. Restarted comp and now the game won't start again. No error message, nothing. I tried to reinstall the mod but that didn't work.
    Well, now I have deleted MTW and just found out that I gave my MTW cd to a mate *gun*
    Wish I had started campaign mode first; now I've got to get my MTW disc back *squash*
    The bata has no german version yet, but it will come later. I need to make faction desciptions before I get the files translated by Teutonic at the org.

I know there is no german version yet, I also played 1.2 English, I only forgot to rename your Eng folder into German but I don't think that caused the lockup.

Originally posted by Spatha@Jul 27 2004, 03:53 AM
    I know there is no german version yet, I also played 1.2 English, I only forgot to rename your Eng folder into German but I don't think that caused the lockup.
    OK, I will check it out when I get home from work. Maybe it's a problem with the scottish cav, becouse they are the only new cav the scots have.

Dev16

I have added a link to the download of XL 2.0 on page one. It has a size of 145MB, so it's a big one
    2.0 posted? Woah! *bow* I'll download it right now and try it when i get back from work. Hope you fixed those colors

Originally posted by Dev16@Jul 27 2004, 05:14 AM
    2.0 posted? Woah! *bow* I'll download it right now and try it when i get back from work. Hope you fixed those colors
    Ehhh, did not have the time to do it. I proberly need to go though all colors to make room for the new colors. It's only er beta, so it will not stay that way.

Dev16

Ehhh, did not have the time to do it. I proberly need to go though all colors to make room for the new colors. It's only er beta, so it will not stay that way.
    When I said I could help the whole Idea was to go throug all colors. There is a big problem with RED color since a lot of factions use that colour but I have a couple if ideas how it should be. When i do it, I'll send it to you via e-mail.