Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

VikingHorde's Avatar Tiro

I think your mod is great!, but the Scots are missing their Elite unit__The Highland Men!
    They will get new a lot of new uniqe units, one of them will be Elite footsoldiers. *viking*

3D Downloads links not workin'.
    I think the server is down at right now (or getting some service). If it dosn't get online later, I'll send them a mail.

I am about to end another glorious campaign with the crusaders.
    Again I cam upon with a problem that to me is one of the great flaws of the game.
    Sieges!!!!
    I mean I keep testin what makes your Fortress impregnable.
    but NO! even with 80% farms and a Fortress with only 100 men in can fall within 8 years!!! this is ridicule!!!
    Fortress and castles falling so easly in this game, make it disappointing. It is just so easy to conquer a land. Than the rebellions. they just don't happend often even if you held a region for years!

A siege should be longer enough to make you consider an assault.
    So is there anyway you can make sieges longer?
    he he....sorry Viking if I give you a hard time! :ph34r:

Originally posted by S.P.Q.R.@Jul 1 2004, 09:30 AM
    I am about to end another glorious campaign with the crusaders.
    Again I cam upon with a problem that to me is one of the great flaws of the game.
    Sieges!!!!
    I mean I keep testin what makes your Fortress impregnable.
    but NO! even with 80% farms and a Fortress with only 100 men in can fall within 8 years!!! this is ridicule!!!
    Fortress and castles falling so easly in this game, make it disappointing. It is just so easy to conquer a land. Than the rebellions. they just don't happend often even if you held a region for years!

A siege should be longer enough to make you consider an assault.
    So is there anyway you can make sieges longer?
    he he....sorry Viking if I give you a hard time! :ph34r:
    Well, one way is lower loyalty in all provinces. The constant rebellions will make things hard for the invader. I allso think it's too easy to build an empire, so im going to change a lot of things in the 2.0 version. I don't know if I can make sieges longer, but I'll take a look. I think 8 years is very long, so I allway attack first or second year.

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

So what's up Vikinga hord, keep us informed!

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Originally posted by l337_Proximus@Jul 6 2004, 04:56 PM
    So what's up Vikinga hord, keep us informed!
    Well, I have added pagan spyes, assassins, shaman and emissary. The game have allso been balanced for better gameplay. All factions start with feudal level buildings in early, chivalric in high, but late will not change much. I have allso added some more units and perfecting the map. Sadly I lost two days on trying a new loyalty setup, but it did not work well. Hopefully the mod will be finished next week if all goes well.

*cheers*

Originally posted by VikingHorde@Jul 7 2004, 12:48 AM
    Well, I have added pagan spyes, assassins, shaman and emissary. The game have allso been balanced for better gameplay. All factions start with feudal level buildings in early, chivalric in high, but late will not change much. I have allso added some more units and perfecting the map. Sadly I lost two days on trying a new loyalty setup, but it did not work well. Hopefully the mod will be finished next week if all goes well.

*cheers*
    Sounds like u've been busy. Well keep it up, we're all waiting.

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Originally posted by Jackbob@Jul 7 2004, 05:01 PM
    Shouldn't the name be "Venitians" instead of "Venetians". It's what I think and that's the name of the Venice rebel faction in MTW. But I think "Venetions" as Veneto instead of Venice sounds cooler as a state, just as the Genoa city state should be named Liguria, cooler

EDIT: Forgot to say nice mod... Keep up the good work
    In the mod, it is the Venitians. I just spell english pretty bad some times I will maybe change the province names, if I have the time. Theres so much work to be done and so little time before RTW comes out.
    *cheers*

Hum... this might be a weird question... but anyways, I want to how can I properly install the music pack?
    I've downloaded the two sets of music and, as you said, there are many sub-packs... and now's the real problem : what do I do with them? Where do I extract them?

I hope I wasn't too ambiguous...

Anyway, I've been playing your mod for a little while and I have to say it's a nice piece of work *cheers*

Keep it up! -_-

Originally posted by Rusty Catapult@Jul 10 2004, 01:55 AM
    Hum... this might be a weird question... but anyways, I want to how can I properly install the music pack?
    I've downloaded the two sets of music and, as you said, there are many sub-packs... and now's the real problem : what do I do with them? Where do I extract them?

I hope I wasn't too ambiguous...

Anyway, I've been playing your mod for a little while and I have to say it's a nice piece of work *cheers*

Keep it up! -_-
    The rar files inside the zip are selfextracting. Just click on the first rar file (the exe file), and it will ask you were to unpack it.

Eksample: If you have installed the mod in the like this:

C:\programs\medieval - total war

then install it to:

C:\programs\

If you install the files to C:\programs\medieval - total war, then you will get a MTW folder inside the MTW game folder.

I hope this helps.

The next version 2.0 of the mod will have a autoinstall, so that it will find the gamefolder it self. Very cool and easy.

The rar files inside the zip are selfextracting. Just click on the first rar file (the exe file), and it will ask you were to unpack it.

then install it to:

If you install the files to C:\programs\medieval - total war, then you will get a MTW folder inside the MTW game folder.

I hope this helps.
    It sure helped! Installed the music without a prob. The new music really changes the feeling of the game (in a very good way ).
    BTW, where did you get those tracks?

If there would be a new music to replace the lame and repetitive one of the campaign map, it would totally rock

Originally posted by Rusty Catapult@Jul 12 2004, 02:30 AM

then install it to:

I hope this helps.
    It sure helped! Installed the music without a prob. The new music really changes the feeling of the game (in a very good way ).

If there would be a new music to replace the lame and repetitive one of the campaign map, it would totally rock
    Check out the Music Mod.

Question:

Did you mod the original factions to allow them to train fuedal and chivalric foot knights without training knights then dismounting them?

I got them at www.igorpogosyan.com, or a link at this page.

Did you mod the original factions to allow them to train fuedal and chivalric foot knights without training knights then dismounting them?
    Not in the 1.2 version becouse of game balance, but they will be in the 2.0 version.

Not in the 1.2 version becouse of game balance, but they will be in the 2.0 version.
    Cool beans. Glad you are getting rid of the landbridges. Those things really upset me.

Is there an ETA on the release of 2.0?

Is there an ETA on the release of 2.0?
    The new unit shields are taking a lot more time to make than I thought, so it will proberly be sometime next week.

Just installed this mod this morning, been playing it all day!!! Excellent Mod! Very good Job VikingHorde, looking forward to 2.0! *bow*

Originally posted by Fianóglach@Jul 12 2004, 04:55 PM
    Just installed this mod this morning, been playing it all day!!! Excellent Mod! Very good Job VikingHorde, looking forward to 2.0! *bow*
    Im happy that you like the mod, the 2.0 version will be better. It will be a harder game to play, both inbattle and on the trategic map. In my tests, I got my behind kicked more often than before

Originally posted by Rusty Catapult@Jul 11 2004, 07:30 PM
    I dont know, its abit "electronic" and synthesized for me.

Give rep! For i have none.

Originally posted by ablitzkrieg+Jul 13 2004, 06:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ablitzkrieg &#064; Jul 13 2004, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rusty Catapult@Jul 11 2004, 07:30 PM
    It sure helped&#33;* Installed the music without a prob.* The new music really changes the feeling of the game (in a very good way ).
    I dont know, its abit "electronic" and synthesized for me. [/b][/quote]
    There are of course better music out there, but there are sadly copyright on it. The music is IMHO good, but not all people will like it (Not all people like the MTW music, but I do).

Yeah, anyway... I like the music from the mod, and that&#39;s that. (I even liked it more than most tracks from the music mod... yeah, I know. I am weird.)

Well, back on the main subject. I only want to ask you Viking how many provinces do/did you plan to add in the game?
    That is one of the features that I look the most forward to see (Just more land to conquer&#33

Like they say: I await your mod with trepidation -_-