Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Sounds like a great mod. And I get to play my homeland.

*viking*

Thanks for your warmly welcome contribution Vikinghorde.

*cheers*
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

YeSSS everything works great!!!! great MOD indeed.
    I am just now at the beginning of a Cruseade States campaign....can I build Crusade units?

Great Job Viking!
    BRAVO!

VikingHorde's Avatar Tiro

Sounds like a great mod. And I get to play my homeland.*

Thanks for your warmly welcome contribution Vikinghorde.
    Im glad you like it

YeSSS everything works great!!!! great MOD indeed.
    I am just now at the beginning of a Cruseade States campaign....can I build Crusade units?

Great Job Viking!
    BRAVO!
    The Cruseade States can't build crusader units, but can build crusades. They can however build crusader units in the next version that im working on.

A little preview of the 2.0 version :0!

Some more pics

Poland is devided in two

Teutonic Footknights in action *roman cavalry*

New Serbian heavy cav

Scottish medium cav

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

Originally posted by VikingHorde@Jun 22 2004, 09:36 AM

Looks great! A few things thought. The foot of the Swedish "game piece" shouldn't it be a little darker blue? And the crowns on the shield a little bigger? Kinda' like this:

Anyway keep it up! *roman cavalry*

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

a little suggestion (i know this because i'm austrian):

on the original MTW map, austria reached too much south, but didn't even touch the danube in the north... so i think it would be nice if you could 1) shift it a bit to the north 2) separate it into austria and styria (austria northern part, styria southern part)... historically, styria didn't belong to austria until one of the babenberg dynasty married some princess from there (or something like that)...
    the location of vienna is also wrong, on the original map it's about where graz, the capital of styria should be, and vienna is where the danube makes a short southward bend before entering hungaria. i know that for some of you austria may not be important, but as i said, i'm from there, so for me it is
    Bad Feeling Like Horse Cannon

Portuguese Rebel's Avatar Civitate

About the division of Portugal in Portugal and Algarve it really should be "Portucale" and "Algarve"... Maybe you could make this tiny correction?

"Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know,
    a pestilence here, a plague there... He's so deliciously evil."
    Stewie, Family Guy

Man do we have demands.

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Originally posted by Rupertel@Jun 28 2004, 05:27 AM
    a little suggestion (i know this because i'm austrian):

on the original MTW map, austria reached too much south, but didn't even touch the danube in the north... so i think it would be nice if you could 1) shift it a bit to the north 2) separate it into austria and styria (austria northern part, styria southern part)... historically, styria didn't belong to austria until one of the babenberg dynasty married some princess from there (or something like that)...
    the location of vienna is also wrong, on the original map it's about where graz, the capital of styria should be, and vienna is where the danube makes a short southward bend before entering hungaria. i know that for some of you austria may not be important, but as i said, i'm from there, so for me it is
    historically also salzburg actually did belong to bavaria in this time, so the whole map is incorrect. also south-tyrol was a part of tyrol, not of venice, like its shown in the map. but we've to stop at some point, we cant make the whole map historically accurate.

btw: bin auch aus österreich, ausm mühlviertel -_-

yeah...I mean...you just can ask too much, just imagine the Italian peninsula with all its own little City-states, kingdoms, Dukachy and republics!!! It is already a *bow* great achievment! feep up the good worf VikingHorde.

Also the original names,Portugal rebel.....I'd love to see original names too but is a very hard job already.

Thanks for the replys guys. The map will not change that much more, becouse I only have one "free" and have to make the best of it. I have devided cordoba in two, adding the province Murcia. I will proberly change the name of portugal to Portucale, becouse that province is easy to change.
    It is very hard to make a perfect map, so im adding the most importnant provinces and ajust the rest. Eksample: Lithuania is one of the hard provinces to ajust, becouse meny wants to take away sea acces. The problem is that Lithuania lost it very late in the game, so IMO the access should stay. The last province will be added tomorrow, but don't know witch one yet -_-

*cheers*

Portuguese Rebel's Avatar Civitate

I'd love to see original names too but is a very hard job already
    I know that, but i just thought i would whine a bit for a change... This mod seems great and i'll be sure to try it out once i get some free time on my hands. B)

"Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know,
    a pestilence here, a plague there... He's so deliciously evil."
    Stewie, Family Guy

nice mod!

Give rep! For i have none.

Originally posted by S.P.Q.R.@Jun 28 2004, 06:02 PM
    yeah...I mean...you just can ask too much, just imagine the Italian peninsula with all its own little City-states, kingdoms, Dukachy and republics!!!
    Yes i can imagine huge army stacks and diplomatic agents in a same little spot and you try desperately find your precious 5-star assassin behid this horde.

BTW XL looks great,i download it once 2.0 is ready. Good work.

Thanks guys. Portugal is now renamed Portucale (Only took me about 10 min to do). The mod is realy taking form now becouse im getting a lot of work done.

The mod will sadly be a overwrite mod if I don't find a way to make a program that copys all the files so that it becomes a addon like VI. If I make a folder with the map, then I need to make folders for battlemap, pitures ect. making the mod size 150 mb bigger! sucks realy.

I tried to play as Sweden, but just couldn't. Of all the blue colors in the known universe u had to chose that?

Otherwise is god thought.

Originally posted by l337_Proximus@Jun 29 2004, 12:18 PM
    I tried to play as Sweden, but just couldn't. Of all the blue colors in the known universe u had to chose that?

Otherwise is god thought.
    lol you realy must hate that color. The serbs have a nasty color to, but it's hard to make new colors for 30 factions. I'll try and find some better onces

Originally posted by VikingHorde@Jun 29 2004, 08:56 PM

lol you realy must hate that color. The serbs have a nasty color to, but it's hard to make new colors for 30 factions. I'll try and find some better onces
    I do!

Do ur best.............. then we complain anyway

Master Nikolaos's Avatar Decanus

I think your mod is great!, but the Scots are missing their Elite unit__The Highland Men!

Dokusaru

3D Downloads links not workin'.