Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

VikingHorde's Avatar Tiro

Originally posted by Sylver@Aug 9 2004, 10:04 PM
    Looks good. Whats the most recent version?
    It's still the 2.0 Beta 1, but I will hopefully release a Beta 2 soon when I have added the last units. I need to add about 20 units and change some of the serb units. The faction colors allso need to change a bit, plus some changes to the AI.

Hi VikingH.

Excellent mode! Thanks for the effort you have put into it and all of them who helped you.
    I haven't played much factions or exactly only russians wright now.
    I wonder if russians are not suppose to have stepp cavalry and heavy stepp cavalry. I cannot see how to build them, I have horse breeders farms in Kiev, Pereiaslavl and a guild in Moscow and they still not appear. I am in early so the heavy stepp wouldn't appear yet i guess but the stepp cav should be there.
    The AI is much more aggressive now and is building in new conquered provinces and I specially love the fact that you made more provinces! Its a pitty there is a limit of number of provinces in total.
    Thanks again for excelent mode with that many factions!

Thanks for your replay. It's good to get some info on how the mod reacts.
    In my mod, steppe cav and steppe heavy cav is pagan faction only. I might make more unit buildable for all factions, but we will see. I hope to make the AI even more agressive, but I gez there's a limit

Hi,

again I have to say this mod is great Viking. I've played as the Egyptians and tested some more. I think the Egyptians are fine with units. But there is one thing I didn't really like: It seemed to me most factions build a lot of Urban Militia, I even saw a whole army of Urban Milita from the HRE when I played the French on Early. The thing is the Militias are quite good now with good defence and morale and stuff so maybe you could make them more expensive or they need more buildings so the AI doesn't build armies of those.

Originally posted by Spatha@Aug 11 2004, 11:07 AM
    Hi,

again I have to say this mod is great Viking. I've played as the Egyptians and tested some more. I think the Egyptians are fine with units. But there is one thing I didn't really like: It seemed to me most factions build a lot of Urban Militia, I even saw a whole army of Urban Milita from the HRE when I played the French on Early. The thing is the Militias are quite good now with good defence and morale and stuff so maybe you could make them more expensive or they need more buildings so the AI doesn't build armies of those.
    I have not edited thier building priority, only spearmen, pesants and a few other units. It was a little test to see what happens. I will edit all poor units so that more HQ units will be built. :p

Viking Horde i'll post ideas for units in the coming Days.
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Originally posted by The Thracian@Aug 14 2004, 08:58 PM
    Viking Horde i'll post ideas for units in the coming Days.
    That's good. I have gotten a lot of units ideas at the org, but I think I have room for some more. :p

I am astonished that there's no Italian special units!!!
    Where are the famous Italian Crossbowers they used to be one of the finest mercenaries in Europe.

Angevin infantry

A Part of Richard de Lionheart's Crsuade these Miltia from english villages are trained into infantry for Crsuades and Civil Wars, they have a shield and Stabbing sword and are Armoured with Chainmail, they provide infantry Depth in Battle but they struggle against Havy Cavarly.

Attack:-4
    Defense:-4
    Morale:-3
    Armour:-4
    Charge:-5
    Men per unit:60
    Support costs:90
    Base cost:250 Florins (They require Chapter house and Country miltia to build.)

Cool unit :p . Im going to make a lot of new units and Italy will get some.

I've done a few New units over at the Org.

My name is Achilles.

I've done a few New units over at the Org.

My name is Achilles.
    Okey :smile

cinic

Awesome mod, thank you. It's pretty HARD to play on Impossible. No more trade colonies like Flanders, Sicily or Constantinople. The AI is much clever.

Tried to play as Lithuania (I'm from here) but that was impossible, had to switch to Catholic faction. Maybe somebody won the game with pagans? Because I was short on money very fast and trading being pagan is nonsense.

Just curious - is it possible to build Jomsvikings or do they come only as rebels?

Thank you again for good work, keep it up!

p.s. sorry for my English.

Originally posted by cinic@Aug 17 2004, 08:41 AM
    Awesome mod, thank you. It's pretty HARD to play on Impossible. No more trade colonies like Flanders, Sicily or Constantinople. The AI is much clever.

Tried to play as Lithuania (I'm from here) but that was impossible, had to switch to Catholic faction. Maybe somebody won the game with pagans? Because I was short on money very fast and trading being pagan is nonsense.

Just curious - is it possible to build Jomsvikings or do they come only as rebels?

Thank you again for good work, keep it up!

p.s. sorry for my English.
    Hi cinic

Thanks for the reply. The game should be a lot harder becouse of the new tradestruture and AI setup. Pagans could be to hard, but I don't know. I will take a look at them. The Jomsvikings can't be build, it's just a minor bug but I have corrected it. They are in the production files in order to make dead body's appear in-battle, nothing more.

AJSM

Hey, VikingHorde, i donīt know if this is a bug, or if itīs my own mistake, but when i play with some of your new factions in late or high, the "PrebatShield" isnīt the correct.

Ex:
    The Burgundians: Cumanīs shield.

Originally posted by AJSM@Aug 19 2004, 08:55 PM
    Hey, VikingHorde, i donīt know if this is a bug, or if itīs my own mistake, but when i play with some of your new factions in late or high, the "PrebatShield" isnīt the correct.

Ex:
    The Burgundians: Cumanīs shield.
    It's a problem with the game. MTW is setup so that you can set all shields, but not PrebatShield. The shields are set in number order, so the only period with correct PrebatShield are high. The only way around this problem is making a 3 map game like BKB, but that's a little to mutch just to get the shields right (Adding the same map 3 times => huge download size). MTW is sadly not perfectly made for modding.

For more play test news, I've tried with the Venitians on early (hard difficulty). I already tried them with an anterior version with the same settings and it already was rather tough (few low-risky possibilities to expand, but do-able).
    But now... it just seems impossible
    It forced me to play a LOT more effectively. The HRE built a lot of Urban Militia, but their armies were also composed of quite a few mounted sergeants and a good deal of Feudal sergeants/men-at-arms. Before, they were just an expansion possibility. Now, they are an impressive force :evil
    France haven't even beaten them up yet, even at the year 1200. After a 100 turns, I managed to obtain genoa, sardinia and corsica. My armies are small compared to many other factions. I really feel like a kid in a crowd of bullies :
    And I like it that way. It will give much more satisfaction when I'll conquer them all.

Very nice job :
    Bug free as far as I know.

Originally posted by Rusty Catapult@Aug 20 2004, 09:36 AM
    For more play test news, I've tried with the Venitians on early (hard difficulty). I already tried them with an anterior version with the same settings and it already was rather tough (few low-risky possibilities to expand, but do-able).
    But now... it just seems impossible
    It forced me to play a LOT more effectively. The HRE built a lot of Urban Militia, but their armies were also composed of quite a few mounted sergeants and a good deal of Feudal sergeants/men-at-arms. Before, they were just an expansion possibility. Now, they are an impressive force :evil
    France haven't even beaten them up yet, even at the year 1200. After a 100 turns, I managed to obtain genoa, sardinia and corsica. My armies are small compared to many other factions. I really feel like a kid in a crowd of bullies :
    And I like it that way. It will give much more satisfaction when I'll conquer them all.

Very nice job :
    Bug free as far as I know.
    Thanks for the reply, it's nice to hear that the game is harder and has not to many bugs. It sems that final version is getting closer now. The final version will proberly be a overwrite, becouse overwrites seems to run better. It will allso cut down on downloade size, with is good. The old game will still be playable, but with the new map (not too bad).

SIRG

Good work.
    will you add the "SAHARA" region in the final version? :wack