Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

Default Re: MTW XL Mod

I was interested in giving this a shot, but on attempting to download it from Atomic Gamer (3ddownloads), my SmartScreen Filter blocks it, saying it's unsafe for download. Is my computer just being paranoid - or is there another site (not megaupload, obviously) where I can find XL?
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

My best advice to everyone is to SUCK IT UP and download this mod regardless of what a godawfully slow PITA 3ddownloads is. You'll be glad you did. This is what TW mods should be. Hell, this is what MTW shoulda been. I've been playing MTW XL for the past coupla days, after inexplicably not having it installed since RTW came out (1, not 2, haven't played 2 'cuz I simply won't pay $60 to be a beta-tester nor do I care to purchase any more Steam games, gog.com rules for me now). And having an absolute blast. Somewhere along the line, CA lost the magic that was STW/MTW, without me quite realizing it until I recently re-installed the older games. Now, that's gaming! The number of years it's been since I've had my ass handed to me on a platter in a TW battle, is the same number of years since I've played this mod. Plus, it's so replayable! One game, Spain runs rampant; the next, the Almohads -- nicely balanced, totally unpredictable. The AI even builds fortresses and advanced units. NO CTDs. Did I mention, no Steam required? My complete and thorough enjoyment of this mod gives me even less reason to purchase R2TW -- where would I find the time to play (test) it? Yeah, the graphics suck (not VH's seamless work, just saying MTW looks dated), but the gaming! Top notch! Why can't I make paragraphs in my posts...

All sounds good - but my question was more to do with my computer's response to downloading the mod from Atomic Gamer. Since it seems like it's been awhile since anyone downloaded the mod, I just want to make sure I'm actually getting XL when I download, and not some virus (which my computer seems to think it is)...
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

For those who are curious, just tried XL mod on the steam version of the game. Both campaigns and custom battles work ;-)
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    For those who are curious, just tried XL mod on the steam version of the game. Both campaigns and custom battles work ;-)
    Excellent news mate! I can't wait to finish work and go home to install it!

Is there anywhere else to download this other than AtomicGamer? I've been trying all day and every one of their MTW mod downloads have timed out once I clicked the download file button. Done it on multiple pc's and have used multiple browsers to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Happytr33z View Post
    Is there anywhere else to download this other than AtomicGamer? I've been trying all day and every one of their MTW mod downloads have timed out once I clicked the download file button. Done it on multiple pc's and have used multiple browsers to no avail.
    Just uploaded it for you. Enjoy!
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/vo...W_XL3_Full.exe

Thanks for the mediafire link. I'm all set to play this again after years of hiatus. MTW is probably the best game of all time.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Hey guys just FYI I installed XL mod on my steam version of the game and everythign is fine except I cant view or access unit cards, building or construction option. Is anyoen else having this issue?

much love

god bless
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

It might be pointless to post in this thread, but I had a few questions about unavailable units in this mod, and how I might be able to enable them. The Aragonese cannot recruit Armored Almughavers, even though the rebel province of Greece has a few units of them; Castile-Leon cannot recruit the Knights of Santiago - mounted or dismounted - even though the province of Leon indicates that they would get a bonus to producing them; no faction can produce Dismounted Gothic Knights; and Late Era Crusader States have no access to any Crusader units, whether it be Order Spearmen or the various knightly orders. Is this a bug, or unintentional oversight, or were these units deliberately removed from the campaign for balance reasons?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by HisRotundity View Post
    It might be pointless to post in this thread, but I had a few questions about unavailable units in this mod, and how I might be able to enable them. The Aragonese cannot recruit Armored Almughavers, even though the rebel province of Greece has a few units of them; Castile-Leon cannot recruit the Knights of Santiago - mounted or dismounted - even though the province of Leon indicates that they would get a bonus to producing them; no faction can produce Dismounted Gothic Knights; and Late Era Crusader States have no access to any Crusader units, whether it be Order Spearmen or the various knightly orders. Is this a bug, or unintentional oversight, or were these units deliberately removed from the campaign for balance reasons?

Cheers.
    Try this mod

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...post2053666431

Can anyone tell me how I can run this mod on steam as I just got MTW VI on steam? I played this mod on the disk version of the game and it was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Billious View Post
    Can anyone tell me how I can run this mod on steam as I just got MTW VI on steam? I played this mod on the disk version of the game and it was excellent.
    You just need to point it at the right folder when you install it. Find the Medieval folder in the Steam directory. I think its in 'Common' folder iirc

Here's a complaint (at least ten years too late). I vaguely recall being pleased with the unit/battle balancing of this mod back in '04... I don't know whats happened but my nostalgia trip is being ruined by the cheating AI! Hobilars now seem able to rout Knights instantly. Huscarles get spanked by Feudal Sergeants... Just fought a battle where all my units had double the valour of the enemy (otherwise similar match-up) and yet I lost men twice as fast in straight fights all over the battlefield, and units routed really fast too, whereas Mr AI got to redirect his Jinetes all over the battle (with a seemingly endless ammo supply) even though they'd lost two-thirds of their men. My horses routed as soon as I sent them anywhere near a flank or rear...

I'm playing MTW XL and the game seems not to use the High res Map (maptex2).. how can I force the Hires map to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Aclotheses View Post
    Here's a complaint (at least ten years too late). I vaguely recall being pleased with the unit/battle balancing of this mod back in '04... I don't know whats happened but my nostalgia trip is being ruined by the cheating AI! Hobilars now seem able to rout Knights instantly. Huscarles get spanked by Feudal Sergeants... Just fought a battle where all my units had double the valour of the enemy (otherwise similar match-up) and yet I lost men twice as fast in straight fights all over the battlefield, and units routed really fast too, whereas Mr AI got to redirect his Jinetes all over the battle (with a seemingly endless ammo supply) even though they'd lost two-thirds of their men. My horses routed as soon as I sent them anywhere near a flank or rear...
    This is why I don't play on "expert" difficulty -- troops which should be twice as strong as their opponents can barely do better than a 1:1 kill ratio and no, the enemy won't run out of missiles. Not my cuppa, prefer realism, so I play on "normal" difficulty. This has everything to do with MTW, not XL mod.

I've played this mod in the past and really liked it.

Unfortunately I cannot get it to load up when I start the game. This even when I uninstall the game and redownload. (I have steam version of MTW Gold edition and unistall using both steam utility and manually uninstall)

Yes, this mod helps to diversify the gameplay!

Turns out the installer did not automatically install to the right place.

After manually selecting install location it is working fine.

A little help here - after the mod install the unit icons in battle are missing.

Any idea how to remedy that ?