Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

VikingHorde's Avatar Tiro

Cool, looking forword to see it.

Looking forward to playing this version. Since it's Beta version, would you like some feedback on it Vikinghorde. It sounds pretty awesome, might distract me long enough and shorten the time till RTW will be realeased.

Originally posted by Jomsviking@Jul 27 2004, 08:33 PM
    Looking forward to playing this version. Since it's Beta version, would you like some feedback on it Vikinghorde. It sounds pretty awesome, might distract me long enough and shorten the time till RTW will be realeased.
    Jepp, I like to get some responce on the mod. I wan't it to be as good as possible, so any feedback is good.

Dev16

Great improvement VikingHorde! *bow* Everything looks much better than 1.2 version. All that needs to be fixed now are colors, faction descriptions and some faction's coat of arms. You will recieve my suggestion in a couple of days (busy now, have a lot of work to do).

*cheers*

Originally posted by Dev16@Jul 27 2004, 09:14 PM
    Great improvement VikingHorde! *bow* Everything looks much better than 1.2 version. All that needs to be fixed now are colors, faction descriptions and some faction's coat of arms. You will recieve my suggestion in a couple of days (busy now, have a lot of work to do).

*cheers*
    Great! Take your time. Theres some time until the final comes out.
    *cheers*

Edit: Spatha, did you find a bug in the costum battles after reinstalling? I have tryed costum battle as the scots in all eras without problems, including cav.

It's a good mod but problem is the lack of units

a new one could be

Scotland Horsemen
    The king of scotland puts his faith in the riders of these horses to delivier the shock blow in battle with a sheild and a lance when these horsemen charge you feel their charge.

Attack:-4
    Defense:-4
    Charge:-8
    Armour:-3
    Morale:-4
    Men per unit:40
    Support costs:100
    Base cost:250 Florins
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Originally posted by The Thracian@Jul 28 2004, 09:18 AM
    It's a good mod but problem is the lack of units

a new one could be

Scotland Horsemen
    The king of scotland puts his faith in the riders of these horses to delivier the shock blow in battle with a sheild and a lance when these horsemen charge you feel their charge.

Defense:-4
    Charge:-8
    Men per unit:40
    Support costs:100
    Base cost:250 Florins
    Jepp, I need new units, so thats one of the resons why I have sendt out the beta. Hopefully all 256 spaces for units will be used when im done. That means adding about 25-30 more units, so I need a lot of new ideas (specially muslim and orthedox units).

Nice unit, but isn't it a lot like my scottish cav?

do they have lances?

Originally posted by The Thracian@Jul 28 2004, 09:47 AM
    do they have lances?
    Ahh, your right, my scottish cav have swords. The scots do lack a good cav with a lance. *roman cavalry*

Mongol Bandits
    Mongol warriors with a sword who like nothing better than killing townspeople and Pilliging villages for loot and Rare items they also can make a good Frontline in battle.

Defense:-3
    Charge:-6
    Men per unit:60
    Support costs:90
    Base cost:200 florins

Dev16

Jepp, I need new units, so thats one of the resons why I have sendt out the beta. Hopefully all 256 spaces for units will be used when im done. That means adding about 25-30 more units, so I need a lot of new ideas (specially muslim and orthedox units).
    More orthodox units you say? Create armour piercing heavy cavalry for the Serbs like I suggested. Call htem Serbian Knights, they were created as a copy of gothic nights. Put in a couple of new units for hte Russians (dont know their history so I can't help there). I'll help however I can. I would have given you more ideas on Serbian units but I didn't want to be selfisf and use all unit spaces for the Serbs. -_-

Originally posted by Dev16@Jul 28 2004, 10:59 AM
    More orthodox units you say? Create armour piercing heavy cavalry for the Serbs like I suggested. Call htem Serbian Knights, they were created as a copy of gothic nights. Put in a couple of new units for hte Russians (dont know their history so I can't help there). I'll help however I can. I would have given you more ideas on Serbian units but I didn't want to be selfisf and use all unit spaces for the Serbs. -_-
    Thanks for the info. I have not edited the serb units yet, but will soon. One of the things I will look at is the making royal knight kind of unit for the serbs, becouse having 80 size prince-units (when playing with huge size) is a big drain on the economy. The infantry will proberly allso be edited.

*cheers*

Correct because the Balcan Infanty look like men at arms and the Volsak I Forgot the last name look like billmen.

Viking Horde i'll come up with some new units and draft them on word and you will have it in A few weeks.

Correct because the Balcan Infanty look like men at arms and the Volsak I Forgot the last name look like billmen.
    Volsak.., are you thinking of Voynuk blades?

Viking Horde i'll come up with some new units and draft them on word and you will have it in A few weeks.
    Cool, looking forword to see them.

Dev16

Hey, VikingHorde, when you're done, will you give us a complete unit list so that we can see which faction can build which units? With RTW comming out soon we won't be able to play them all so it would be good to choose the ones we like.

Originally posted by Dev16@Jul 28 2004, 01:08 PM
    Hey, VikingHorde, when you're done, will you give us a complete unit list so that we can see which faction can build which units? With RTW comming out soon we won't be able to play them all so it would be good to choose the ones we like.
    I will make a full list with stats, including the old units. Most of them have new stats, becouse of new moral settings, movement ect.

After reinstalling the whole game it worked fine, no such problems anymore. I started a new campaign with the Egyptians.. I really like the Arab Heavy Infantry, nice work !

Originally posted by Spatha@Jul 28 2004, 02:12 PM
    After reinstalling the whole game it worked fine, no such problems anymore. I started a new campaign with the Egyptians.. I really like the Arab Heavy Infantry, nice work !
    Thanks, let me know if you find any unit types they lack. The muslims proberly need some.

Dev16

The Muslims need a better defence, Almohads always loose the war with Spanish. It is ok that the Spanish can drive them out of Spain but they annihilate them EVERY TIME. Almohads were not that weak. In fact they were not weak at all. Something has to be done to make it a lot harder for Spanish to conquer them in Africa. Maybe Almohads need some units that would counter Spanish Jinettes. And I also think that land route from Spain to Maroco should be disabled and added Almohad ships so that they could cross. The Spanish didn't have any fleet down there. The same thing should be done with landroute between Wessex and Flanders (the French conquer Britain almost every time). The Turks also need help but i have no ideas while I think the Egyptians are fine.

No Pictures in my guide just unit ideas