Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Default Mod Collection

Mod List: (maximum of 100MB in size)

Aesthetic Mods (strat map)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

New Castles &Cities Strat Models, v1.0
    Size: 4.06MB
    Description:
    This mod enhances the appearance of the strategy map castles and cities in M2TW and should make them more aesthetically pleasing for all city and castle levels. There is a 30-50% increase in polygons which may reduce the speed of your machine if it's old but this shouldn't happen if you're computer is only a few years old. Note that this mod doesn't edit the battlemap for these cities in any way.

Young witches portraits 1.0
    Size: 341.92KB
    Description:
    This changes the vanilla M2TW witch portraits into far more appealing and realistic younger women. No more horribly scarred looking 21-year olds!

MapMod: Trees, Textures & Sea 1.7
    Size: 20.50MB
    Description:
    A mod which enhances the appearance of the campaign map by adding more colour and strives for a "fresh look" to the map.

NOTE:

Textures designed for vanilla, they may work fine with other maps, which uses same style with groundtypes and climates, otherwise could be some weird mixing . I hadnt changed any of the campaign' tga's (why would you do this if you doing brand new map anyway?) so this mod is fully save-game compatible;
    y2day's SS Eye Candy 2.0
    Size: 10.1MB
    Description:
    Updates the faction symbols for Genoa and Norway, and improves the banners featured on the strategy map for M2TW.
    Aesthetic Mods (battle map)

Better Grass
    Size: 3.36MB
    Description:
    As stated clearly in the description, this mod enhances the aesthetic appearance of grass on the battlemap in M2TW and gives each climate in the game its' own different flora.

Burrek's Textures
    Size: 123.48MB (all combined)
    Description:
    This mod aims to give the non-unique units of M2TW a degree of variation by texturing them in their own national colours and emblems and to establish the vast difference from commoner and nobility along with make the blood and dirt on the game much more appealing and realistic. This mod is compatible with mods as long as they do not alter the textures. More information in the mod's post.

Real Horses Project
    Size: 16.55MB
    Description:
    The Story of the Mod

I started this project as an element of “XAI: The game core renovation project” for Kingdoms (April 06, 2008). I first came up with the idea for the Real Horses Project when I saw the marvellous work of madtao from the Lithuania Mod, by the B.A.L.T.S. team.
    Inspired by his horses I made a first test template and asked madtao for help, he gave me permission to use some of his work and he also gave me a few guidelines in how to begin. From there things just snowballed and I took on more challenges and gained more information about historical warhorse breeds.
    As I continued I made a variety of textures and decided to test these with mods such as BC and SS.

During this period I spoke often with other top TWC skinners like Alletun, Prof420, and KnightErrant they were all very helpful, and if I ever had any problems or questions (which is inevitable when skinning) they were always around to give me advice. It did not take long before I had gained enough skills to actually create the realistic and historical horses in my vision.
    I then came across makanyane’s work and realised he had a similar project to mine, and so we were able to help each other. Around the same time I then saw the first teaser video of DotS.
    I had worked with Hross and the Dominion team earlier, when I had been a graphics consultant for them. I asked him if RHP and DotS could cooperate and share work, I then joined a short time later, and now my RHP and the DotS team enjoys a solid interaction. I have become part of the overall development process, not just attached to the skinning department.

So far things have already turned out well. I am very grateful for the positive feedback from my new and old team members (DotS; XAI) as well as supporters in the TWC community. I am very pleased to receive already so many requests by other mods and modleaders to use my RHP in their work. This has given me another big boost to finish my work.

The first version of RHP will have a great deal of new horse textures, but I am not completely satisfied. For future releases of RHP I plan to concentrate on developing more historically accurate horses, primarily concentrating on specific regional breeds from Iceland to Mecca. This is something that DotS has shown real enthusiasm for, not surprisingly since they are keen to gather as many historical details to feature in their ‘supermod’.
    This will, of course, mean more work for me but I am excited about the chance to develop my modding skills even further. It’s also a great feeling for me to see other mod teams wanting to integrate "Real Horses" in their own mod
    Crimson Tide Mod
    Size: 47.12MB
    Description:
    Makes your medieval battles realistic as ever! No more pale stains on your soldiers, this mod makes way for some serious blood-letting and grime. Strongly recommended to enhance your gaming experience.

New Models for Northern European Captains
    Size: 2.12MB
    Description:
    Replaces the plate armoured captains with ones armoured in heavy mail. Is recommended to be used in conjunction with the New Strat Map Captains (3.27MB).

Better Water 1.0
    Size: 512KB
    Description:
    BETTER WATER 1.0's a miniature mod that improves incredibly well the water detail in the battle map, through a Far Cry1-like graphics. The mod's not been created with the purpose to reach the extreme reality/fidelity of real-life water, because Med2 engine is hardcoded unfortunately for us. But i m sure you will enjoy Better Water 1.0 anyway as a different gaming experience
    Ghost Helmets fix v1.2
    Size: 5.79MB
    Description: This fixes the "head being separate" issue on plate armoured soldiers by fixing the neck part of the model. Functioning download link is on the second page.

Overall Enhancement Mods

VanillaMod
    Size: 42.4MB
    Description:
    A mod which achieves to remove many of the bugs featured in vanilla Medieval 2: Total War without deriving from the game too much and therefore maintains the "vanilla" feel.

II. What this modification does
    This modification fixes numerous trait and ancillary bugs that were left unfixed in Medieval II: Total War in addition to
    rebalancing all unit stats to make for more enjoyable battle experiences where cavalry is still powerful but not overpowering.
    It also improves strategy map and battlefield map AI behavior to some extent in that the AI will field larger armies, more varied forces,
    and higher quality soldiers and less artillery, although you will come across some rare siege trains at times. As if this was not enough,
    the way missions work has been improved, tooltips enhanced, the guild system has been revisited, victory conditions for each faction individualized, and several
    game mechanics such as birth and marriage rates have been improved.
    To provide you with further enhanced gameplay, the AI will receive a number of florins a turn for each settlement they own up to a certain cap, so it stays
    challenging but not overpowering.
    Lastly, the frequency at which rebels spawn has been reduced but concurrently, rebels will be a lot more active in building and recruitment and troops have a higher chance to go rebel.
    VanillaMod readme and installation instructions.

Lands to Conquer
    Size; 86.38MB
    Description:
    A mod aimed at improving the gameplay and balance of M2TW as well as a longer, slower campaign. It is made by Lusted but incorporates other modders work for the best gaming experience.
    Retrofit Mod
    Size: 10.46MB
    Description:
    The Retrofit Mod retrofits various Medieval II Total War (M2TW): Kingdoms features, improvements and bug fixes to vanilla M2TW. This mod can be used as it is, or as a base to create additional M2TW: Kingdoms mods (see section 5.0).

The major features of the Retrofit Mod are:

- Hotseat Campaigns.
    - Control AI Reinforcements.
    - Boiling Oil.
    - 4 Additional custom battle maps (Backwoods, Borderlands, Forts, Trenches).
    - Unit rebalancing.
    - AI Unit Recruitment tweaks.
    - Campaign AI Tweaks.
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
    - Installer: The mod is packaged with an easy to use installer for computers with a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms.
    Portvcale v0.3
    Size: 300MB (approx.) - comes in 100MB segments
    Description:
    Overhauls the whole game with brand new factions, new unit textures, flags, music, menus, events, a number of bug fixes and many more features. Definitely worth trying.

NOTE - Links on topic post are dead. Therefore, click here for the mod.

Ultimate Retrofit v1.0
    Size: ?
    Description:
    This mod seeks to expand on Retrofit by adding new factions (along with the appropriate unit cards, textures and banners), new regions and number of other enhancements.

NOTE - The link to the mod is being updated.

Specific Enhancement Mods

Historically Relevant Strat Map
    Size: 11.8MB (altogether)
    Description:
    This mod edits the whole M2TW map by making it more aesthetically pleasing and more accurate by changing borders, adding settlements and other things.

Goals for the HRSM Series:
    The strategy map of the vanilla MTW2 game is obviously a very generic and bare-boned creature and the focus of this mod is to flesh-out this deficiency by creating a more realistic and challenging representation. This mod is only designed however, to be a starting point for players who wish to add their own mix of modifications to a better strat map than the original game offered.

Consequently, little else has been added to the game (except for the editing of the original strat map).
    - There are no new factions or events
    - No new units have been added
    - Nothing has been re-skinned
    - The games mechanics and AI are untouched
    - Only one change has been made to unit stats
    - The only significant changes made to anything other than the map is a re-balancing of ancillary bonuses

Disclaimer Note:
    The vanilla strat map contains many deficiencies in the proportions and locations of its' coastlines and since it has not been re-drawn but only edited: this mod is Not intended to be an historically accurate modification but merely a historically relevant one.
    Mongol Invasion 0.5
    Size: 7MB
    Description:
    This mod allows the Mongols to be played and gives them the option of raiding buildings (which spawn units) or farming buildings (which give you a 500 florin increase per turn). This means that you can either assume the historical role as the Mongols as "raiders" (as described by the author) which allows you a large number of troops to terrorise Europe and the Middle East or as "farmers" which means you settle down and become a regular faction like that of the others in the game.

Extended Artificial Intelligence
    Size: 117.8KB
    Description:
    This mod enhances the battle and campaign map AI. Direct download links are here, but read THIS prior to unpacking these files anywhere.

Sweden Addon for Teutonic Campaign
    Size: 40.86MB
    Description:
    This mod adds Sweden to the "Teutonic" campaign in Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms.

Bringing Justice to the Horde!
    Size: 4.75MB
    Description:
    Gives the Mongol units new textures. No more masked soldiers and brand new lances feature in this mod.

the mod also contains a redo of both the buttons and banners to include all factions from vanilla and kingdoms except the americas campaign, plus sweden, flanders and two i made up my self...
    Garrison Script v2.0
    Size: 119.9KB
    Description:
    This version can cover the max settlements (199) and as many spawn types as one would like (for each settlement) for a total of hundreds if not thousands of different spawns. Can be adapted to work for Human or AI or both. There is NO (or very little) turn lag. It was originally written for Stainless Steel, and TA:TW also uses a version of it, and soon VLL will have a version of it. In my opinion it is the best garrison script you could possibly find...
    Recruitment Limitations 1.6
    Size: 90.1KB
    Description:
    This is a large script that takes into account your actual population size and limits your recruitment options based on your population size. Whenever you recruit a unit the settlment will lose population based on the type of unit recruited. It includes a Migration script that allows population to ...well, migrate into your settlements and also introduces the Draft. I originally wrote it for Stainless Steel but stopped updating it due to a lack of interest. I believe DLV uses a version of it. The script is very large (over 50,000 lines of code) but runs with little to no turn lag (i do not experience any) and it has various parts that can all be seperated and used individually.
    Population Control and Horse Pastures Mod
    Size: 11.6KB - 5.79MB
    Description:
    This was an idea i took from my Recruitment Limitations and built on it. It reduces population in settlements when a unit is recruited and does the same for horses for cavalry units.
    Interactive Tournaments
    Size: 11.52MB
    Description:
    This is an idea that works but i was never able to completely finish it, due to lack of interest and personal issues. It allows the player to participate in Jousting tournaments and Horse Races and the script itself has the ability to turn alot of events into interactive events (such as elections or medieval games or whatever you fancy).

Other

MedManager
    Size: 715KB - 1.39MB
    Description:
    Medieval II Total War Manager (or MedManager for short) makes it easy to
    manage some of the features of Medieval II Total War.

Editing saves. The following can be viewed and edited for an existing game:

o Campaign difficulty.
    o Battle difficulty.
    o Unit scale.
    o The current season and year.
    o The season and year the campaign starts and ends.
    o The number of years per turn.
    o Whether dates or turns are displayed.

Managing mods:

o Create a new mod in its own directory, without changing any of the original
    M2TW files, or without creating a complete copy of the M2TW installation.

o Automatically create desktop icons (shortcuts) for your mods.Switch
    between any mod or the original game just by clicking the associated icon.

o Define which files in the original M2TW installation to include in any new
    mod.

o All presented in a easy to use Explorer-like interface.
    Blood, Broads & Bastards v4.0
    Size: 22.79MB
    Description:
    The mod aims to give the player more of an RPG experience in his game by enhancing all characters in the game without interfering too much with the campaign.

This mod:
    Is aimed at people who want more of an RPG experience in the game without it affecting the strategic/tactical gameplay in too overhanded a manner.

NEW in v4.0:
    • NEW Supply system! A VERY streamlined, "adds to the fun" and doesn't make for a nuisance supply system has been added. You will find that you need fleets to support your far away invasions now, and that invading an enemy deep behind his lines isn't as simple as it used to be. The system is designed to be SIMPLE, STREAMLINED, but still offer some fun complications which better mirror history. The AI will use a more forgiving version of the system.

• Managing a Rebellion is more forgiving now. And a "civil war" will generally last about 12 turns at MOST now. However NEW is single general traitors, when their loyalty drops to 3 or lower. You can punish them by stripping them of their titles, or bring them back to the capitla before they go rogue to reverse their traits.

• Managing the Loyalty of your generals is more involved and will take some thought on your part now, however you are granted tools to do it: Court Appointments affect loyalty, and insuring a Noble has been indoctrinated by staying at your court for a time will also increase loyalty.

• And MORE, believe it or not! Read the TRIGGER.txt file in the archive for all the details, and the README for a complete list.

Classic BBB stuff:
    • titles for every province along with graphics. Most titles grant a little tax boost, some grant other negative effects... like the will to go it solo (lower loyalty), a few have other traits.

• major system of tracking royal blood and lineages. This series of traits by Pnutmaster will astound you and warm your RPGamer heart.

• a disease system that affects gameplay without becoming tedious and depressing.

• Council Offices like King's Treasurer, the Privy Seal, Chancellor, Marshall, Master of the Horse, etc... for both player AND AI.

• Grandmasters for every Knightly Order- one international grandmaster per order, elected by his peers (sorta).

• Rebellions, where your unruly nobles can turn on you, refuse to move if they get too disloyal, and lock themselves up in a city and cause it to rebel completely unless you send a loyal noble to counteract him. The rebellion is aimed at your King, so if he "abdicates" or... whatever... things should calm down- but you can always fight for the crown!

• Archbishops for each Kingdom and the Orthodox Patriarch! Yay!

• Activated all Ancillaries found in game: Black Stallion, Body Guard, Ornate Armor, Custom Armor.

• Added new Ancillaries: Black Stallion for Princesses, a White Stallion.

• Princesses get a MAJOR OVERHAUL. They are interesting dynamic characters now. Hussies, prudes,lesbians, *****es, fertile, infertile, beautiful, ugly, affected by the genes of their mothers as well as their fathers, you name it. And a lot LESS "secret lovers."

• A NEW educational system for young princes. They can receive educations in the capital (Royal Court), in Religious INstitutions, and in Castles (Martial education). They get four turns of education. However, some princes, the worst students, fail to learn anything... sorry.

• Game NOTICES when a princess comes of age ANYWHERE in the world, and when a Monarch dies too! (Finally!)

• Tries to fix EVERY SINGLE VANILLA BUG in the ancillaries and traits files...

• and more... believe it or not.
    Mongol Mod for Teutonic Campaign
    Size: 69.634KB
    Description:
    Makes the Mongols in the Kingdoms "Teutonic" campaign playable.

Two Turns per Year - The way it should be
    Size: 90.1KB - 548.4KB
    Description:
    The whole idea behind the majority of 2TPY campaigns is really just characters aging. We all like having our characters age properly. I do anyway. It's nice to know that if your king/emperor/sultan is 40yrs old in 1120 then you can expect him to live to around 1140 (60yrs old). 60 years is only 40 turns in the regular SS Early Era Campaign, but it is 120 turns in this 2 turns per year version.
    Sparta: Total War
    Size: 10.95MB
    Description:
    Recreation of the Battle of Thermopylae as portrayed in the movie "300".

History:

26/9/09: Thread posted.
    27/9/09: Descriptions for all mods added, layout improved.
    13/10/09: Mods added.
    26/10/09: Mods added.
    27/10/09: Crimson Tide link updated, Mongol Mod for Teutonic Campaign link added)
    30/10/09: Bringing Justice to the Horde!, Sweden Addon for Teutonic Campaign and Ultimate Retrofit v.10 mods added.
    2/11/09: Garrison Script v2.0, Recruitment Limitations, Population Control and Horse Pastures, Interactive Tournaments and "2TPY - The way it should be" have been added.
    7/11/09: Sparta: Total War added.
    19/12/09: y2day's SS Eye-Candy mod added.
    16/1/10: Better Water added.
    5/2/10: Ghost Helmets fix added, fixed title sizes.

If you have any mods that you'd like me to add then please post in the thread, post a message on my profile or pm me along with links to the mod (preferably a forum page linking to a download and which contains a readme). If you think the layout could be better, please give me suggestions for I want this to be as easy to read as possible.

NOTE - I do not take responsibility for errors you experience in trying to install any of these mods. Nonetheless, if you ask in the thread i'll try my best to assist you.
    Last edited by Lysimachus; February 05, 2010 at 04:06 PM.

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Mod Collection

It's quite useful, making a list with the most popular mini mods. The one I am using is VanillaMod ~80 mb or so in size.
    Another popular mod not so big in size is Lands To Conquer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blækk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Sections like this one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556 come to mind.

No, this is for mods 100mb and under which enhance the game in their own different ways rather than complete overhauls like Das Heilige Römische Reich, Stainless Steel or Deus lo Vult for example.

I recommend retrofit mod.

Updated. If you think I should increase the size limit of mods posted here then please say so.

Young witches portraits 1.0 FTW
    Because witch portraits are the most important part of the game
    But seriously, very good thread, keep looking for other mods under 100mb
    I will rep you later (i have already given 7 reps today:p)

Updated. If you think I should increase the size limit of mods posted here then please say so.
    Good idea, for example to 500mb
    Last edited by Irelia; September 27, 2009 at 02:41 AM.

Good idea, for example to 500mb
    To answer that:

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus's Signature View Post
    Want to improve your M2TW gaming experience but can't be bothered to download a huge mod?
    Young witches portraits 1.0 FTW
    Because witch portraits are the most important part of the game
    It's a collection of minimods. Point is, they're normally just things to enhance a certain part of the game and to be honest, every little helps.

But seriously, very good thread, keep looking for other mods under 100mb
    Thanks

Yea sorry i misunderstood
    But after all huge modes like SS, BC, KGC requires at least 1-2gb on hard drive
    So maybe you can increase the size limit to eg 200-250mb

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    No, this is for mods 100mb and under which enhance the game in their own different ways rather than complete overhauls like Das Heilige Römische Reich, Stainless Steel or Deus lo Vult for example.
    Ok, in that case you should put them in spoilers and in categorize them, it will save space and make searching easier.

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Nice explanations there, thanks for all the effort .
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Quote Originally Posted by eggthief View Post
    Ok, in that case you should put them in spoilers and in categorize them, it will save space and make searching easier.
    What, you mean a little section with links to the major mods or do you mean just for all of the mods listed here end of?

Thanks by the way, I think my layout is a bit shoddy

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    What, you mean a little section with links to the major mods or do you mean just for all of the mods listed here end of?

Thanks by the way, I think my layout is a bit shoddy
    I mean it more like this;

Texture mods:
    Burrek's Textures
    Size: 123.48MB (all combined)
    Description:
    This mod aims to give the non-unique units of M2TW a degree of variation by texturing them in their own national colours and emblems and to establish the vast difference from commoner and nobility along with make the blood and dirt on the game much more appealing and realistic. This mod is compatible with mods as long as they do not alter the textures. More information in the mod's post.

Young witches portraits 1.0
    Size: 341.92KB
    Description:
    This changes the vanilla M2TW witch portraits into far more appealing and realistic younger women. No more horribly scarred looking 21-year olds!

For example. It will save space and make searching a lot easier, assuming that you're planning on expanding the list.

Other than that, I like the idea.

Moon's Avatar Centenarius

Didn't know the Ghost_Helmets_fix existed. Keep up the good work and +rep of course.

Updated.

Grand Unit Addon Pack

I know its a Retrofit sub-mod but its sitll really good.

Kind Regards
    Will

P.S Mabye a section for submods?
    Last edited by NoMercy88; September 27, 2009 at 10:56 AM.

It's 200MB+ and unless there's general agreement that I should increase the size limit to one equal to or larger than this I can't add it to the topic post.

Oh, and yes I suppose I will add a submods section

Thought it was less than 100mb, shows how much i know +p

Kind Regards
    Will

Can you add the most recent version of Real Combat that doesn't need Stainless Steel in order to be installed?

Awesome, my suggestion got accepted

Say, I now see that you're Alex Coles, thought you died. I remember you from back in the day when I still hated Rebel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast