Thread: the papacy

Default the papacy

hi..i wanna start a campaign as the papacy in xl3 mod..i have 2 questions...as the papacy can you excommunicate other factions, or can you start crusades ?..thanx

Default Re: the papacy

Quote Originally Posted by radu_g83 View Post
    hi..i wanna start a campaign as the papacy in xl3 mod..i have 2 questions...as the papacy can you excommunicate other factions, or can you start crusades ?..thanx
    No, you cannot excommunicate other factions. However, they'll automatically be excommed if they attack you.

I don't know for sure if the Papacy can launch crusades, but I know they could in XL 2.1 (which was the last version I've played). So odds are good they can in XL 3.0 as well.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

I am a Rome and Medieval2 player..i played both of them since they came out and i love them...i have Medieval for about six years, but i really didn't play it that much, except a few custom battles...now i started a campaign..and i just wanted to say this: if you put the outdated graphics aside, this game is MUCH BETTER THAN ROME AND MEDIEVAL 2...i love the campaign map, i love the battles, i love the AI...these days it's all about graphics, and less about gameplay...and that's just sad...

Quote Originally Posted by radu_g83 View Post
    I am a Rome and Medieval2 player..i played both of them since they came out and i love them...i have Medieval for about six years, but i really didn't play it that much, except a few custom battles...now i started a campaign..and i just wanted to say this: if you put the outdated graphics aside, this game is MUCH BETTER THAN ROME AND MEDIEVAL 2...i love the campaign map, i love the battles, i love the AI...these days it's all about graphics, and less about gameplay...and that's just sad...

exactly what i thought... I like the rome and mtw2 graphics sinces its so clean and shaven but i still enjoyed mtw gameplay more. I REALLY REALLY MISS IT!!! T_T
    http://e-sim.org/lan.126366/

Je t'aime ma petite chou!