Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: ETW News and Updates Thread

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: ETW News and Updates Thread

Very odd. Almost cryptic.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Well, the file name says "tomahawk." Maybe there's going to be a native american story campaign.

or, for better gameplay, Natives will get IR homing tomahawks to blast the europeans from america...

Weird!

Valbruch's Avatar Ordinarius

Maybe it is an offer of peace. You know - bury the war hatchet.
    Last edited by Astaroth; September 19, 2009 at 06:39 AM. Reason: illegal activities
    We are the Brunnen-G,
    we're waiting to die.
    We celebrate the death
    that will fall from the sky.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    good god, the last patches did plenty, we have naval invasions (ocasionally) trade hubs are being attacked, AI is a bit better, we got a whole bunch of new units in the last patch, and they changed so much more, some people here are complaigning just to be able to complaign.

The AI is good enough, I play on easy and still have to reload battles because I lost them (yes I cheat and save before every fight)
    We have no naval invasions, we have AIs moving troops on ships and ocasionally landing in foreing land, I have seen several fleets moving around with a full stack army for years. Making the AI able to move armies inside fleets didnt fix naval invasions by itself.

Yes trade lines are being attacked, first time it happens i thought, yeah, they have fixed something, but then my nodes start beign attacked with indiaman ships from other trade nodes. Again making something posible, but not "teaching" the AI to use that feature properly will not fix the issue, it just change one problem for another one.

The AI is not good enough, the AI will sit its full stack armies at the frontier of an undefended city, but instead will send small armies to fight my big armies. The AI keeps moving its units like if its was fighting 1 on 1 battles instead of an army battle. The AI keeps raiding non-developed towns/spots. The AI still loves to move its armies into battle before merging with other armies nearby. The AI loves to raid your trade lines with a few ships just infront of your main fleets, which grow stronger each 2/3 turns thanks to the captured ships. The AI loves to declare war without taking into account anything, but if you are the human player or not, i could go on, but anyone who has played this "game" knows all its faults.

There is no reason to loose a battle against the AI unless you are fighting 10vs1 or cavalry armies before researching square formation. I have won battles with armed civilians against line infantry, even outnumbered, because the AI loves to puts all its units in the same spot, so you could surround them and fire from all sides.

There is nothing against you, It's nice you are enjoying the game, but that doesn't make it better than it is.
    Last edited by Thorn; September 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Opressor View Post
    Has anyone seen today's patch update from CA? Is this some kind of joke? A teaser perhaps? I would have liked a more in depth update...
    Is it possible that he was just drunk? The time of the post is quite far out from the normal time for updates.

KingDazza's Avatar Libertus

Not impressed by CA's latest update after a 3 month wait for the patch.
    Last edited by Astaroth; September 19, 2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: if you want to comment on moderation, please do so via PM

So it is a Tomahawk which seems to be flying in the air, interesting update

I can think of a number of things

(a) the American map will be expanded to allow exploitation of the interior, forcing people to fight d'em d'ang injuns! (probably a DLC - get your credit card handy)
    (b) Mercenaries will now be able to be hired - French and britsh hiring a plethora of native warriors.
    (c) All (most) of the major bugs have been AXED!
    (d) The Game has been AXED!
    (e) SEGA has axed CA
    (f) Kieran has axed everyone else in the office and is now laughing to himself in a blood soaked room.
    (g) a "viking invasion" type of DLC will be released soon (axe = viking)

I think (a) and (f) are most likely. If it is (a) then we've jumped from 18th century warefare to 19th century, skipping the Napoleonic era. (kinda makes sense?????)

R
    Last edited by Rorarii; September 19, 2009 at 08:47 AM.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Maybe more complete amerindian factions(especially, the heads!)?

Biarchus

Hmmm-not impressed.

Nice of them to keep the community informed.
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

That would be fun if they made one of the native american factions playable.

it was changed from a daily format to periodical updates a while back

it makes sense tbh because things aren't magically fixed overnight and you run out of information to tell, likely it was more to reassure players at the time as well

I prefer the less updates but more info, although the cryptic picture interests me as well lol

The latest update is probably about upcoming DLC. Let me guess, more units for paid download?
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

titanvoyager's Avatar Biarchus

the ultimate modding tools are coming!
    "...to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Wouldn't that be a hammer, though?

Quote Originally Posted by KingDazza View Post
    Not impressed by CA's latest update after a 3 month wait for the patch.
    Well, they've already told us what will be in the patch, and that it's in beta. And they don't do release dates any more. So there's nothing really to tell us, (except plug future DLCs, which seems to be the purpose of this update). However, since this is clearly the hype machine cranking up into motion, it's probably a good sign that the patch will be coming soon. My bet is by towards the end of next week, or early the week after that (the latter is more likely, since it means they have the following week to deal with any problems the patch causes).

My guesses about what the tomahawk could mean:

a) A new, open, American campaign, with various playable Native American tribes (and French/British/Spanish colonials) and a more detailed map, a la the American campaign in Kingdoms.

OR

b) A story based, RTI-esque campaign following a particular tribe. I'm getting a bit of a Last of the Mohicans vibe.

OR (least likely)

c) this is just the first of a series of cryptic picture messages, which may mean that Native Americans are only part of the overall package. A Seven Years War campaign, perhaps?

This certainly knocks my pretty firm belief that the next DLC would be a historical battles pack (maybe we shall get two DLCs?).
    Last edited by Deathofjams; September 19, 2009 at 04:43 PM.

KingDazza's Avatar Libertus

Yeah I guess you're right. At least it points to an imminent release as you say.

Wow, the last time I tried to play Empire seems like ages ago and STILL no update?
    Says a lot ... ah well, at least I'm now sure that buying N:TW will be a no-brainer for me

Customer service is way overrated these days anyway