Thread: How do you get the people on your side?

Default How do you get the people on your side?

lowering taxes and bread and circus hasnt worked!
    p.s im playing Mundus Magnus mod does that have an affect at all?

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: How do you get the people on your side?

It might be related to the mod. You should ask this question in the Mundus Magnus mod forum.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

It's not mod related as far as I know. Be a good conquering hero to get the people on your side I'm sure there's a guide around somewhere. How many settlements have you got?

EDIT: I thought you meant as a Roman preparing for civil war. Does that happen in MM? I can't remember, never played as a Roman.

In general, temples, games, garrisons, tax rate and high influence governors can help increase public order.
    Last edited by Genius of the Restoration; September 22, 2009 at 05:15 PM.

Genius is right, it actually says the people like a hero. That means expand rapidly and keep a stable empire. Stay 10 turns ahead and you'll do fine!
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Frederich Barbarossa's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Edinburgh, Scotland (From Kendall, Florida and proud!)

I say expand calmy and comfortably to make a successful empire. Expanding too fast is catastrophic. Also build sewers, and temples in your towns, they give a lot of morale, keep a medium sized garrison in it, give low taxes, maybe build roads to better economy. Economy= your peoples happiness...
    His highness, žežurn I, Keng of Savomyr!

Ive got like 48 Settlements and its the first time ive played MM fully because ive just got a new pc (for ETW ironically enough though ive played RTW and MTW2 on it more) so i dont know how the civil war starts in this but ill try more garrisons as ive done the other stuff cheers!

The Civil War starts when
    i) You send an assassin to kill the member of another Roman family, and he gets caught
    ii) You become popular enough to attack the other Romans
    or iii) You become so powerful that the Senate gives you a mission ordering your Faction Leader to commit suicide. If you refuse, you are outlawed.
    "The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise." Tacitus on Health & Safety
    "Abuse, if you slight it, will gradually die away; but if you show yourself irritated, you will be thought to have deserved it." Tacitus on trolling

Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius

I believe it is hardcoded to happen in the end.
    It won't be 14AD without a civil war.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frederich Barbarossa View Post
    I say expand calmy and comfortably to make a successful empire. Expanding too fast is catastrophic. Also build sewers, and temples in your towns, they give a lot of morale, keep a medium sized garrison in it, give low taxes, maybe build roads to better economy. Economy= your peoples happiness...
    That pretty much sums up the strategy, going too fast is not smart considering that fact that you may end up with too many enemies from outside and inside and not enough money.

Frederich Barbarossa's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Edinburgh, Scotland (From Kendall, Florida and proud!)

thanks
    His highness, žežurn I, Keng of Savomyr!

Quote Originally Posted by Doge Vitale View Post
    The Civil War starts when
    i) You send an assassin to kill the member of another Roman family, and he gets caught
    ii) You become popular enough to attack the other Romans
    or iii) You become so powerful that the Senate gives you a mission ordering your Faction Leader to commit suicide. If you refuse, you are outlawed.

i agree with 2 and 3, but ive never started a civil war via assasin before. I always try to screw up the other romans but sending assasin in. If my assasin ever does fail the target roman would break his alliance with me. thats it. Even when i try to attack em the game wont still let me as i need popular support.

Also in one of my games another roman actually started the civil war. I was playing julii and then the brutii suddenly attacked the scipii very late into the game. They got outlawed, then i attack, then i too got outlawed...civil war
    http://e-sim.org/lan.126366/

Je t'aime ma petite chou!