Thread: CTD on launch

Default CTD on launch

I can launch the program, but it fails to bring me past the load up menu before CTD. In the past, I have made some mods to the text files, namely adding another guild. I'm wondering if this is what is causing the CTD, cause I know that in the past, if something doesn't check out in my text files, it crashes in the same spot. I have not modified my text documents recently and I can launch the game with my own mods working... any thoughts?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: CTD on launch

What does your system.log.txt file say (it's in M2TW\logs)

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Default Re: CTD on launch

i had a few different logs, some showing me as missing units and such, so most likely not all the files were properly installed... anyway, i took all the building text files and threw them into the mod folder, i think it was the building_battle text that was causing it, and the problem is now fixed.

the reason i didnt do this sooner was i was getting confused on which error log went with what, cause i had my own error logs from my own mods, so i renamed the SS one to system.logSS, and it showed errors with my guild...

anyways, thanks for the response, and thanks for the mod, from my limited encounters with it so far it looks quite awesome...