Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Postumus/Romanus

Default Re: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Postumus/Romanus

ooc: Can Ingenuus (Yumaseven) have tribune its an easier role to fit into than quaestor and a new guy as quaestor would really slow things down. Could apple not take quaestor? He has far more experience.
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

ooc: well I guess you should ask apple for that .

IC: Then it is settled! Armenius shall lead the war in the North, and then to Illyria, Postumus in the South. Do we have to vote on such a motion? It is fairly obvious which will be the result, and we would only be wasting more time.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

i guess thats up to the preator, i suppose as long as no one wants a vote its fine

How about this law:

I. If a motion is unanimously supported by the house, that is, that no senator present opposition to it, or if it is beyond all reasonable doubt a motion that will be passed, then the voting session shall be suspended, and the motion declared as passed immediately by the Consuls or Praetor.

II. If by any reason a senator objects the previous procedure for a certain motion, then said motion shall be put to vote.

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

I will put Claudius' suggestion to vote immediately, on the matter of the wars it is my opinion that we have all made our opinions clear enough in the open in the Curia and thus voting is unnecessary.

ooc- Anyways I thought we had already voted on the war with Illyria, or am I remembering incorrectly?

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

I oppose to this motion senators, it is our right and the right of the people to vote on motions presented in the senates house. We have been given this privilege so we should not abandon it. The gods will not tolerate this.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

But Consul, have you not realized that time is our greatest resource? What would we do if we wasted it voting on matters that we know from the beginning will be passed? In such cases voting is nothing but a missuse of this most precious resource! Should we wait a whole month for the whole house to vote to be able to send Consul Armenius to Illyria? Or a little longer to send you to Africa, while our land is taken by barbarians?

I think this is nothing but the best way to speed processes in times of war! Besides, if a senator objects this process, a voting session WILL be held!

So, senators, the time keeps running out, let's vote on all our current motions (sending hesus and champion to the wars), and assign our new Quaestor and Pontifex Maximus!

Who shall run for those offices?

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

I, Marcus Quintus Asello will try as Quaestor.

The old man raises from his seat on the front bench on the left site of the Curia.

I Lucius Granius Soulinus will run for the office of Pontifex Maximus.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Good! I suppose we could wait for more candidates, but then again a good part of the year has passed and without a Pontiff and a Quaestor, we cannot proceed. Any other men? This is your last chance!

OOC i will wait until tomorrow if no other candidates have presented them self i will add these two names.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Armenius rose, a straight face.

"Well from the look of things, once this vote is completed, if it is passed, I may proceed to Illyria. I intend to crush them."
    ~YATS Info: Lvcius Armenivs Romanvs - 28 (Patrician)~

Colleague don't you mean you will recapture Patavium first before invading Illyria?

But any way it seems like the motions have passed and i need to prepare my self to go to North Africa.

Quintus gets up and walks to the doors.

I need to send a message to Pulcher, he needs to meet me in Carthage. The legions are always in need of some experienced Tribunes.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; September 18, 2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Senators, may i ask if since there has been no objections, that the two men who sugested themselves may take their roles?

I am eager for the Quaestor to compile his report so i can head to my provience

ooc i already approved the offices check the first post, names are added to the offices.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

ooc; guess i'd better do a Quaestors report then

"Well then fine gentlemen, I bid you a do. I will recapture Patavium and destroy the Illyrians with posthaste."

Armenius then strode out of the Curia.
    ~YATS Info: Lvcius Armenivs Romanvs - 28 (Patrician)~

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

A man appeared at the door of the Curia. Heads turned, and some of the older senators began to mutter. Was this not Marcus Claudius Marcellus? The general who had conquered most of Spain for Rome, before it was taken by Sertorius? Years in the political and social wilderness had changed him, but he was still recognisable to many with his sparkling grey eyes and the way he held his head with pride.

"Senators, good day to you all. Rome has progressed far since the days of my prime. I am now old, with sixty winters now behind me. I have seen much strife, periods of peace, plenty of death, and yet much of life. Rome was build not merely on the stone of its foundation, but on the blood, sweat, tears and service of its people. The first I doubt I can safely give. The second I am too old to work so hard for. The third, I have seen to much to cry easily. But the last, the service, I can still provide to the best of my ability. And so, here I am again, here in Rome to serve her and her people once again. May the gods give me strength."

Having said this, he slowly stepped forward and sat in one of the empty seats on the benches. Time to see what this new Rome could do.

OOC: Woohoo! Xavier's back! Long time no see!
    A blood-thirsty norse bastard, an opportunistic french-speaking norse bastard, or the King? I think by the laws of fealty there is only one option available.. - sirfiggin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast